Sponsored

Are you guys going to make Core Doors for the JL, or not?

Pinion

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 FJ40, 22 Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Project Manager
You have a good product and process already designed, with 4 years' worth of JL bodies on the market. Jeep has sold more of these models than any other body style.

I think it's about time to make some decisions. You're probably already too late to make a Spring release at this point, but Summer could still be an achievable target.
Sponsored

Last edited:

NJJeep Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hella Yella JLU
It took them a long time before making these doors for the JK series. Read the earlier thread. Bestop basically told you it wasn't a priority with all the tops and other parts they produce every year. So wait 4 more years and rejoice when they appear in the QTech catalog.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
It took them a long time before making these doors for the JK series. Read the earlier thread. Bestop basically told you it wasn't a priority with all the tops and other parts they produce every year.
The same company dangled the carrot in a manner plainly suggesting that the Core doors could be fast-tracked. Thus our initial enthusiasm.

Almost 18 months later, it's also plain that they burned a bit of credibility on the subject.

Last edited:

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
It's sad how many more products were/are out there for the JK. I guess they want more used Jeeps on the market first, as they tend to get modded more heavily.

OP
OP
Pinion

Pinion

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 FJ40, 22 Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Project Manager
I saw my first set on a JK last week and was really impressed. Im stunned that these things aren't a priority for Bestop. There's an obvious built in economy.

I don't know what materials the doors are made from, and it doesn't matter. If they're blow or roto molded, even if it's a fiberglass form, it isn't difficult with the resources they already have in hand.

I'm not going to beg for them to be made. There are a lot of other options. I just don't see why they are leaving opportunity on the table, especially now.

I guess my frustration lies in the unmet potential. Carry on, I guess.

Sponsored

JeepFiend

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Rubicon 2 Door, 2011 Ford F-150 STX
Occupation
System Administrator
I sent an email to @Bestop a few weeks back and got a response from Oz that there are no plans to make these for the JL. So I think your answer is "or not".

Oz (Bestopinc)
Feb 4, 2022, 2:40 PM MST
Hey Michael!

Thanks for reaching out. At this time there is no plans to do that.
Thank you,
Customer Service Representative
1-800-845-3567
333 Centennial Pkwy | Suite B | Louisville, CO 80027
[email protected]
Bestop.com
Most of our replacement parts that are PURCHASED are non-refundable/non-returnable and carry no warranty
Bestop, Inc

Jeepfiend
Feb 4, 2022, 2:13 PM MST
Email: [email protected]

Message Body:
Howdy! I was curious if there was any plan to make the Core Doors for the Wrangler JL. Thanks!

--
This e-mail was sent from a contact form on Bestop | Leading Supplier of Jeep Tops & Accessories (https://www.bestop.com)

1BadDad

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
IT Innovator
@Bestop dropping the ball hard on this one. I would buy them today instead I’ll buy another design I like less… that’s unfortunate

WranglerAz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2019 JLR, 2000 TJ
I faced the same decision a year ago, bought something else, and i am very happy with it. bestop did not get my money, and they are happy with it. this is a strange business practice to me.

JoeBanks

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Sport JLU
If Bestop isn’t going to make these for JLs, who’s currently making the best ones?
I was really interested in the ones from Bestop (impressed with the ones I’ve seen on JKs) but if they don’t want to make them, I’ll have to spend my money elsewhere.

WranglerAz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2019 JLR, 2000 TJ
If Bestop isn’t going to make these for JLs, who’s currently making the best ones?
I was really interested in the ones from Bestop (impressed with the ones I’ve seen on JKs) but if they don’t want to make them, I’ll have to spend my money elsewhere.
I liked Rugged Ridge: almost always on sale some where, tubes go all the way down to door sill area, sturdy construction, has mirrors, has mesh option, has armrest option, does not rattle, easy to install.

Sponsored

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Here in BC, no doors and tube doors are illegal. The MVA states “if a vehicle comes with doors, it must have doors”. You would think tube doors would pass then but they don’t. There is another vehicle inspection document that states the doors must have a proper weather seal. Why they care about the seal when the top is down is beyond me but oh well.

core doors are the only doors that have this weather stripping and would pass in BC so come on @Bestop, make this happen.

these would be perfect for traveling to the rubicon trail next year and then shedding the tops and centers.

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Hello friends!

Want to reach out to set a healthy expectation for you all. JL Core doors are not a product we are currently looking to manufacture, but we are paying attention to the demand for them. So, if this is still a product you are looking for, please, keep letting us know and I will keep pushing the information to our team.

DaddyEngineer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Hello friends!

Want to reach out to set a healthy expectation for you all. JL Core doors are not a product we are currently looking to manufacture, but we are paying attention to the demand for them. So, if this is still a product you are looking for, please, keep letting us know and I will keep pushing the information to our team.
I would buy them right now if they were available.

Scott

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Hello friends!

Why does your company not want to develop these? OEM half doors are priced crazy high, even when ordered with the vehicle. Is the JL market that much better? Seems more like a design tweak than reinventing the wheel to produce them for a JL.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
JL Core doors are not a product we are currently looking to manufacture, but we are paying attention to the demand for them.

So, if this is still a product you are looking for, please, keep letting us know and I will keep pushing the information to our team.
We've done exactly that for 18+ months, Mr. Bestop, only to be let down.

I believe the respectful thing to do is make a definitive statement on the matter, which you've now done (and thank you for that), and to push the information to relevant company staff of your own volition. The demand for the doors is there, as multiple threads -- including your own, which I've linked to here -- make abundantly plain.

:beer:
Sponsored