Sponsored

Are You Going To Pay For SiriusXM Guardian for UConnect After The Trial Ends? Feel free to comment w

Are You Going To Pay For SiriusXM Guardian App for UConnect After The Trial Ends?

• Total voters

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Are You Going To Pay For SiriusXM Guardian for UConnect After The Trial Ends? Feel free to comment why. NOTE: *** This thread / poll isn't about the music feature, it is about the UConnect portion. Jeep has created confusion on this topic by having UConnect as part of SiriusXM for the 2018 Wrangler JL. The people at the UConnect toll free number confirmed everyone is confused. ***

I'm on the fence. I do like how you get an email alert on your phone when the vehicle's alarm goes off. That way you know if someone is f-ing with your Wrangler. I wonder if there is a way to get the email alert when the alarm is triggered without SiriusXM Guardian for UConnect. If anyone knows, please reply and let me know.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Kenny

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl sports, 2015 JK Unlimited, 2013 JK @ Dr
Occupation
Village Idiot
Clubs

Everyone in my family has their favorite music streaming service - bluetooth - we don't use SiriusXM

safety_glasses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Hell No. I was a XM radio guy way back in the day before the merger and always paid for the service up until last year. When my free trial ran out on my grand cherokee I didn't buy it. For being a Customer over 12 years they still wanted to changed an arm and a leg. Thanks to local HD radio I get a great station that takes the place of the only 2 stations I even listened to on SiriusXM.

Totally not worth it IMO unless you truly do listen to more than a couple of different stations frequently.

Muzzle of Bees

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 TEP
The benefit to satellite radio is in its name. Having a constant signal is nice, but can be pricey too. I think the most expensive one is when you get the NFL package. Those NFL bastards are ruthless. The option to stream to a device costs more too.
I was on the fence about the radio too. I dont have a cable subscription because it is way to expensive for the service. We do have Netflix though.

dslpower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I currently have it on my 2018 Ram 3500, and it only works when it wants (which is very seldom) so I don't use it at all. To me it is a waste of money, would rather spend that money and buy more accessories for my JL.

Sponsored

Paluss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
my 2 cents, I just got back from a motorcycle trip from Maryland to Houston Texas, on the first day I was somewhere in Tennesee stop for gas turned radio on and my XM had the xm commercial subscription expired, called XM and asked for the $5 per month special that the kept repeating on the commercial the lady told me I was not eligible for it that it was based on the radio and my radio did not qualify, wtf? so after some back and forth, she said I could only get $10 per month with automatic renewal unless I called, I said ok give me 1 month (thinking I just needed it for the trip) she said 2 month minimum, I said ok, then she said I would have to pay $20 activation fee, I told her to keep.

glad this happened as I used Spotify for the rest of the trip, which for me is much better than XM and I can use it on all my vehicles and at home for no additional charges, good bye XM I was a customer for over 10 years....

Godzilla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
The SiriusXM Guardian the OP referred to isn't the music service. I like the music service because terrestrial radio where I live is really lousy... repeating playlists and moronic DJs who think they are soooooo clever. Add to that endless car lot commercials screaming at you - you get the picture. Sirius is affordable if you negotiate with them each renewal period.

Errick

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2020 Wrangler JL, Corvette
Occupation
Retired
SiriusXM for me is a ripoff, I've had the free trial in my Vett and Grand Cherokee and everywhere I go the service cuts out for a second or so every few minutes. FM, CDs, memory sticks work fine in stereo and free.

kculp

First Name
KEN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU
Occupation
Professor in the health sciences
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Everybody, this isn't about the SXM sat radio. This is about the Guardian, Sirius runs that program. I didn't create the poll so maybe off-base. I think this is the service the pollster was seeking info on.

So what is it? A vehicle information management system that sends data to your phone when you are not in the vehicle. It costs about $25/mo and is IN ADDITION to the sat radio fee.

What happens is you install an app and it locks/unlocks doors, tracks your Jeep's location on your phone, does the vehicle info on mileage, air pressure, fuel etc to your app as well. Personally, I signed up for the trial and don't really use it.

I can see some benefit in high crime urban settings *we live in the rural state of Iowa* and where you want to use use the remote start at a greater distance than your FOB will reach (like the large distance between your condo and the parking lot or a large office campus and you are getting off work).

OP
OP
jeremyjeep

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Hey Everybody, this isn't about the SXM sat radio. This is about the Guardian, Sirius runs that program. I didn't create the poll so maybe off-base. I think this is the service the pollster was seeking info on.

So what is it? A vehicle information management system that sends data to your phone when you are not in the vehicle. It costs about $25/mo and is IN ADDITION to the sat radio fee.

What happens is you install an app and it locks/unlocks doors, tracks your Jeep's location on your phone, does the vehicle info on mileage, air pressure, fuel etc to your app as well. Personally, I signed up for the trial and don't really use it.

I can see some benefit in high crime urban settings *we live in the rural state of Iowa* and where you want to use use the remote start at a greater distance than your FOB will reach (like the large distance between your condo and the parking lot or a large office campus and you are getting off work).
You are 100% accurate, this thread / poll isn't about the SXM radio, it is about the uConnect paid features. Thank you for help clarifying it.

Sponsored

Boston Mike

First Name
MIke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Black JLU Rubicon
Are You Going To Pay For SiriusXM Guardian for UConnect After The Trial Ends? Feel free to comment why. NOTE: *** This thread / poll isn't about the music feature, it is about the UConnect portion. Jeep has created confusion on this topic by having UConnect as part of SiriusXM for the 2018 Wrangler JL. The people at the UConnect toll free number confirmed everyone is confused. ***

I'm on the fence. I do like how you get an email alert on your phone when the vehicle's alarm goes off. That way you know if someone is f-ing with your Wrangler. I wonder if there is a way to get the email alert when the alarm is triggered without SiriusXM Guardian for UConnect. If anyone knows, please reply and let me know.
Guardian is on Wranglers?? I'll admit, I wasn't really paying attention when they talked about details.......................

Phredog

First Name
Phred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
I never even activated the Guardian service. I used the Xm for a short time.

I moved to Asia for nearly ten years, so I did not own a car most of that time. My last owned motor vehicle was a 2002 Wrangler. I moved back to the USA, and a week after arriving I bought a new 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee.

My wife and I are 52 now, and we live in the city. Driving consists mostly of sitting at red lights. I consider it a chore, so I avoid it at all costs. I drive my Jeep on weekends only. My Asian wife is awaiting her green card, so she does not drive, or work, yet. Our Jeep sits in an underground parking garage during the week, because I bicycle to work.

It was a beautiful sunny day. I was wanting to leave the dealership ASAP. The salesman may have told me about the XM, and Guardian, but I was not really listening. I just wanted to get our of that place. I noticed the XM about twenty minuets after I left the dealership.

The first thing I noticed was the lack of commercial free channels, and the fact that they offered little that was not offered by FM.

After the first week, it was gone. The XM was stuck on channel 1. I figured that was the end of the “free trial”. I was not very impressed so I did not care.

On the third week, I received a letter that told me that I had a one year “free trial”. It did not work. I called “listener care” for a “refresh”. It worked for a week.

Monday came, and I did not drive again until Friday. XM was gone again. I called for a “refresh” and it was back. The “Listener care” lady could not understand my problem. She offered to reset my “free trial” to zero days. I hung up, because I hate talking to someone with the mind of a 12 year old.

After a month, of this ongoing cycle, I disconnected the antenna, and went online to delete my radio from the account. I also changed all my contact info to fake info.

I guess I do not have to tell you, that unless you disconnect the antenna, your unsubscribed radio will still get weather alerts, and about every tenth time you start your jeep, there will be an ad for XM on your info-display. It times out after a few seconds if you do not press the "X".

I have a vehicle monitoring service through my phone carrier. It is there 24/7 and works in an underground garage. It comes with 2GB of data every month. XM and Guardian offer nothing like that. : )

Last edited:

alex_a2012

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 E350 MB Coupe, 2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio
I will renew mine. I like the feature of unlocking my vehicle from my iPhone app when I need to let my coworkers access to my vehicle to store supplies. Another use I have found was when my alarm went off randomly at 3 A.M., it was much easier to use the app to lock/silence the Jeep than getting up and looking for my key FOB in the living room. I live in San Diego and Jeeps are frequently stolen and driven to Tijuana, MX.

Sorry for the short hand response and grammar, using my iPhone.

timn1984

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2018 JL Sahara,Dodge Journey 2012, Toyota Camry 2015
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Yes I'm a dumbass, I will renew it, I love it. I love listening to whatever channel I want. I got a great deal for the next year. Never pay full price.....
Sponsored