Sponsored

Are you cancelling/postponing your order because of the steering lockup issue?

Are you cancelling/postponing your order because of the steering lockup issue?

• Total voters

cbrenthus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR
I'm not yet in a position to buy/order - but the issues being reported here with the JLs are making me seriously consider a used JK (or maybe a new one) for a year or 2 to see what happens with the JL.

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
Since I still haven't ordered, I suppose I have postponed. Don't know if I would cancel the idea of ordering at this point, though.

If I'm perfectly honest, the 2019 Miata is looking like a really good backup option for a little bit. Perhaps wait until JL is a proven 3 year platform and get the Scrambler at that point!

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
Since I still haven't ordered, I suppose I have postponed. Don't know if I would cancel the idea of ordering at this point, though.

If I'm perfectly honest, the 2019 Miata is looking like a really good backup option for a little bit. Perhaps wait until JL is a proven 3 year platform and get the Scrambler at that point!
Get a Corvette .

Sponsored

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
I'm only taking possession with assurances that if any of the steering or welding issues happen that the dealership will make good. I cant imagine having to accept this as a "jeep thing"
Better get those "assurances" in writing and signed by the owner or general manager ; they lie .

TwoTone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Legacy, Flex
I'm only taking possession with assurances that if any of the steering or welding issues happen that the dealership will make good. I cant imagine having to accept this as a "jeep thing"
What does that assurance do if you're seriously hurt if the track bar comes loose?

Dewey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUS

Nothings good about a new Miata, unless your a female!!

donnyb313

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
I'm not placing an order at this point. I found a JLUR on a dealer lot that I want to buy, I'm going to go test drive it, if it has sloppy steering and doesn't drive at least as good as the '17 JKU with a 3" lift and 35's then I'm going to leave it on the lot. I'm hoping it doesn't have issues because it's the only one around that has the options that I want.

NCJeepn73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JLU, Bld date: 2/2018
Occupation
Technical SEO & Web Development
Also be aware the this poll is skewed above. Some who voted "No, I don't care" already have their JLs as I see posts from them describing various thing about owning, driving, modd'ing their vehicle, etc.

So those votes don't apply.
Sponsored