Sponsored

Are Yeti coolers worth the $$?

smithrd65

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL. BMW Z4 35is, Tesla Model X90D, Chevy 2500 LTZ
No Yeti supports gun control and The democrats. Yeti is a joke.
Thats a stupid response. But again Tells alot about a person with a response like that. I'm a people person and just WOW very sad.
Sponsored

Mane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner LTD
The “Hurr durr I won’t buy Yeti because GUNS/Muh rights and instead of supporting a company that does still make products in the US I’d rather buy a lower priced Asian built knockoff because own the Libs.” crowd kills me.

I like guns, but I like cold beers from an american made product and industry leader more... and frankly the NRA is dumb and doing good owners of firearms a gross disservice anyway.

But whatever. Spend how you deem fit.

srt20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Ocean Blue
I haven't read all the replies but,
I have a Yeti hard, a Lifetime cheap yeti copy hard, and a Rtic soft. They are all the same for holding ice. I like the Lifetime the best because its light. The zipper on the Rtic is a PIA. The Yeti is heavy and overpriced.
My next buy will be a 12v fridge cooler. Melted ice sucks when you have food in the cooler.

S2k Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1 S2000, Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Finance
I bought a Rugid 45, Rugid is a Yeti competitor based in the small Northern WI town where our cabin is located. I don’t need the capability it offers, but it is nice to not have to run for ice every day. Also I like supporting the local company. They also make great waterproof gun and bow cases, as well as other similar products. I have several and they’re all great.

I do have a couple Yeti tumblers and those things are fantastic, I use one every single day of my life.

Sponsored

Pingbling23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara 3.6 eTorque
I go fifth wheel camping several times a year with friends. I bring my cheap $40 Coleman cooler and my buddy brings his fancy yeti. Both house a case of beer and two bags of ice. Let’s just say he started keeping his cooler inside of the air conditioned camper and I leave mine outside in the shade. He was frustrated the first several times that the expensive yeti wasn’t keeping ice much better if at all then my cheapy Coleman. Now I do have a yeti tumbler and I love that. My wife has an arctic and one off amazon and they do just as good. im sure if you prep correctly the yeti can shine but imo you’re just paying for the name.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I have a Yeti cooler. It works well. Not as well as my ARB fridge/freezer. Therefore the Yeti cooler just collects dust these days. After owning a 12v fridge, I don't think I would ever go back to a cooler.

Last edited:

bbq4133

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Granite Crystal 6MT
Not a cooler, but I bought my first Yeti product--a tumbler--and have been very pleased with it.

Upnarms

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2003 TJ X
The “Hurr durr I won’t buy Yeti because GUNS/Muh rights and instead of supporting a company that does still make products in the US I’d rather buy a lower priced Asian built knockoff because own the Libs.” crowd kills me.

I like guns, but I like cold beers from an american made product and industry leader more... and frankly the NRA is dumb and doing good owners of firearms a gross disservice anyway.

But whatever. Spend how you deem fit.
So the only option is support yeti or buy foreign? I don't think so. I own a fridge anyway (maybe I don't support ICE! Ohhhh)

And BTW, those who try to demonize the NRA like its just some room of 5 sinister villains plotting to eat childern must not realize it's the gun owners who ARE the NRA (I think theres over 5 million members in the latest numbers) . Der durrrr duhhhh, but me must not bes as smarts as you.

Sorry to jump back to that. Buy USA when you can, but you dont have to throw your cash at businesses you dont want to support for whatever reason.

Sponsored

Mane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner LTD
Sorry to jump back to that. Buy USA when you can, but you dont have to throw your cash at businesses you dont want to support for whatever reason.
This part we agree on.
Der durrrr duhhhh, but me must not bes as smarts as you.

I'm glad we agree on both of these points.

frogger2020

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon Wrangler JL
I won’t buy Yeti. I bought a Cascade Mountain from Costco for about $200. Kept frozen ice for my 5 day camping trip in 90 degree weather. Only drawback is the weight.

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
Short answer, No.

Long answer, Nooooo.

Get a Lifetime cooler from wally world. Designed and built in the US and just as good as the name brands.

Amaruq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR 6spd
Anyone with a Yeti 65 in a 2-door? Thinking about borrowing one for a trip.

Hava-Jeep

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Huntington Beach, CA / Lake Havasu City, AZ
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon,
Occupation
Retired
I have a Lifetime 77qt from Walmart (About $150). Last summer we did a 5 day camping trip in the mountains. My buddy had a similar size Pelican.

I put 1 1/2 blocks of ice In mine. Upon returning home I had nearly an entire block left. High daily temps were in the 80s, and we both stowed our coolers in the same metal bear box (AKA pizza oven)!

His cooler had virtually no ice after 4 days.

Here is my DISCLAIMER: I kept my beverages in a separate cooler (Soft sided Yeti which did okay, but not great), and the Lifetime was for food only. His beverages were co-mingled in his Pelican, so there was way more opening/closing of the lid.

ALSO, I am fortunate enough to live near an ice house that sells clear, hard, blocks of ice. He was using cheaper retail store blocks that were not clear. FWIW, quality ice and a second cooler for beer did the trick! :like:
Sponsored