Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
Yeti coolers are great coolers.. they will do what any other cooler does and equal or better. You will be hard pressed to find a better cooler at any price..however, there are others 'just as good' for less $$$. Do you need 8 days of cooling? Can you buy a portable fridge for close to the same $? All things considered....
Sponsored

HardRock

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Rubicon JK Hard Rock Edition (FL); 2018 Rubicon JL (CA)
Yeti is a waste of money. Back in the day it wasn't, but competitors have either match them or surpassed them. I love ENGEL, doesn't break the bank and matches or outperforms Yeti. I have their deep blue cooler, I bought it because I wanted a bear proof cooler. I leave food in it for a loooong time and stays cool.

Agree 100%. Yeti used to be the standard. Now all the the competition has similar offerings for less money.

HardRock

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Rubicon JK Hard Rock Edition (FL); 2018 Rubicon JL (CA)
Your last note on yeti is "the nail in coffin" to me on reason I will not get one. I got a Lifeline one after going through the search for "best" coolers over a year ago. After buying new f###### cooler every few years, I broke down and bought 12-24v /120 electric fridge/ freezer early this year. Why the hell did I waste all the time and money on not getting it years ago! It's home is in my JT!!! I bought 2 of the junk thermo 12volt coolers years long ago that had me jaded on them. One premium ice chest ok for fishing or hunting trip to haul catch / harvest in with dry ice maybe but as a cooler no more (only reason is to sanitized and clean blood out). Set the temp after plugging in and go, if I get 3 plus years out of the one I bought it's paid for it's self and more. More than any dang cooler has or will.
I forgot about second amendment stunt - another good reason to never buy one. Vote with your feet.

Jeepsk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I went with Canyon, beat the Yeti in the ice test and about $100 cheaper for the comparable size. Made in the USA, developed by people doing week long river floats. Also, it's not oddball shaped, so it's easy to pack stuff around.

iznthesky

First Name
Edgar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon & 2004 Jeep TJ. Previously owned 1993 Cherokee, 1980 CJ5, & M151A2 while in the Military. For the love of Jeeps !
I have Yeti, RTIC and Walmart's Ozark Trail. Certainly the TWO Giants Yeti and RTIC are equal performers...but I no longer pay top $ for the Yeti's.....I buy the equivalent RTIC for much less. For special limited use....Ill buy the Walmart Ozark Trail. Iam happy with the Ozark Trail...but the performance of the YETI or RTIC is superior.

Sponsored

SouthCo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Billet Silver Sahara
Nope Yetis are not worth the money. A couple friends have one and they just like to say they have a Yeti lol. Other friends have RTICs and that's who turned me on to them.

I now have 3 hardsided RTICs (the 20, 45, and 65) that we use while camping or whatever. I like having the right size cooler depending on what the activities are and I've been really happy with my RTICs... Plenty of other good options too.

jgo138

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
Occupation
Education
I forgot about second amendment stunt - another good reason to never buy one. Vote with your feet.
The Yeti/2nd amendment thing was hilarious to me, and helped my buy a used Yeti for 1/5 of it's retail price. They didn't say anything about the 2nd amendment, they just stopped a discount program for a lot of groups, which included the NRA, since the enrollment numbers were low. Of course people went nuts and started this war against Yeti for something they didn't even do. Some popped up on Craigslist and I lowballed the seller since he was too mad at the company. I own many firearms, but I am not a fan of the NRA for what they've become, so it was a win-win for me lol. The 2nd paragraph here explains exactly how things were twisted for political/viral gain.

https://www.yeti.com/en_US/press/official-statement-from-yeti.html

As for quality, the Yeti is still my go-to. I used one on a 3 day canoe/camping trip and it held up through situations where I would've sworn is was going to get crushed. I have an RTIC and Hydroflask one (because it fits perfectly behind the passenger seat) and they're good, but if you can get a Yeti used, go for it!

iboostgti335

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Sahara
I didnt believe the hype around Yeti until I tried their products. Their Rambler water bottles insulate like no other. I can fill with ice water and there will still be ice in there 24 hours later. The coolers are great too. Heavy but they do a great job at keeping ice. Also, If you can prove you work in an industry that requires you to be active/outdoors/on the move, they have a program you can sign up for that will give you 40% off everything on their site.

Upnarms

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2003 TJ X
The Yeti/2nd amendment thing was hilarious to me, and helped my buy a used Yeti for 1/5 of it's retail price. They didn't say anything about the 2nd amendment, they just stopped a discount program for a lot of groups, which included the NRA, since the enrollment numbers were low. Of course people went nuts and started this war against Yeti for something they didn't even do. Some popped up on Craigslist and I lowballed the seller since he was too mad at the company. I own many firearms, but I am not a fan of the NRA for what they've become, so it was a win-win for me lol. The 2nd paragraph here explains exactly how things were twisted for political/viral gain.

https://www.yeti.com/en_US/press/official-statement-from-yeti.html

As for quality, the Yeti is still my go-to. I used one on a 3 day canoe/camping trip and it held up through situations where I would've sworn is was going to get crushed. I have an RTIC and Hydroflask one (because it fits perfectly behind the passenger seat) and they're good, but if you can get a Yeti used, go for it!
They just happened to end the discount at the same time many companies were cutting ties with the nra due to the parkland shooting and there were some groups threatening boycotts of any companies with "ties" to the nra. Oh im sure the timing was Completely coincidental! Anyway, not trying to get into a political discussion, but just saying they totally caved to media pressure and for me I wouldn't buy a thing from them. Not to mention I don't believe any cooler is worth 300 bucks imo

OP
OP
Fusilli Jerry

Fusilli Jerry

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (2.0T, 8spd)
Nope Yetis are not worth the money. A couple friends have one and they just like to say they have a Yeti lol. Other friends have RTICs and that's who turned me on to them.

I now have 3 hardsided RTICs (the 20, 45, and 65) that we use while camping or whatever. I like having the right size cooler depending on what the activities are and I've been really happy with my RTICs... Plenty of other good options too.
Do you have to order RTICs online, or can you buy them at a store
They just happened to end the discount at the same time many companies were cutting ties with the nra due to the parkland shooting and there were some groups threatening boycotts of any companies with "ties" to the nra. Oh im sure the timing was Completely coincidental! Anyway, not trying to get into a political discussion, but just saying they totally caved to media pressure and for me I wouldn't buy a thing from them. Not to mention I don't believe any cooler is worth 300 bucks imo
Same thing is about to happen to Goodyear.

Sponsored

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
Well.. Yeti is based in Austin TX. The democrats there would kick their business out of town if they didn't please them.

Jitzy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys
Occupation
Retired Police, Now Certified Custom Club Fitter
^^^^^^^^^^^^This right here, I was about to say the same thing. It had nothing to do with numbers it was after media pressure.

SouthCo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Billet Silver Sahara
Do you have to order RTICs online, or can you buy them at a store
As far as I know yes you still order them online. I bought my 3rd one about a year ago so not 100% sure. Mine were all shipped pretty quickly.
Sponsored