Sponsored

Are Yeti coolers worth the $$?

clayps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Wrangler Sport
What size do you have? I’m trying to find the right balance between size/weight and carrying capacity.
I have a Tundra 50 which is no longer offered. It does myself and my girlfriend well for camping trips up to a week if we don't utilize it for drinks as well. I can carry it around myself when it's full, but a second set of hands is helpful when loading it into the Jeep. I avoid using it for day trips due to the size/weight as we use our Hopper for that.

What's your intended use? How many days per trip? How many people does it need to hold food/drinks for?

Here's a link to their size chart that might be helpful: https://www.yeti.com/en_US/size-and-capacity.html
Sponsored

BWWJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase

WagzDad

First Name
Carroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I like the Engel bag style better than the yeti bag. Orca and Rtic are very good hard boxes. The Orca just seems like it’s a bit tougher but that is my subjective opinion.

FWIW I did not like how the Y brand abandoned the 2A rights group that was a major part of their early business segment.

clayps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Wrangler Sport
I like the Engel bag style better than the yeti bag. Orca and Rtic are very good hard boxes. The Orca just seems like it’s a bit tougher but that is my subjective opinion.

FWIW I did not like how the Y brand abandoned the 2A rights group that was a major part of their early business segment.
I've seen the 2A thing mentioned a bunch and I don't quite get it. My understanding is this wasn't a direct decision to 2A rights groups, they simply ended their program that included those groups, and many other various groups. It's no different then a restaurant ending their discount programs for AAA and other group memberships. It's not a direct decision to a specific group, but a change in direction. I've seen no shortage of hunting content from YETI over the past few years. Many of their ambassadors are hunters.

Sarge50

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JULR 2012 Ram 2500 Cummins 2008 Mazdaspeed3
I thought this was a Jeep JL Forum not a YETI Advertisement. If You want a comparison look it up on youtube. My 2 cents though They are heavy and a waste of money.

Sponsored

clayps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Wrangler Sport
I thought this was a Jeep JL Forum not a YETI Advertisement. If You want a comparison look it up on youtube. My 2 cents though They are heavy and a waste of money.
It could definitely be moved to another sub-forum. I don't think this topic is necessarily out of line for Jeep owners who enjoy the outdoors and the consumption of ice-cold crispy bois!

beaups

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
That latch on the orca makes it. The orca tail is an awesome touch. And I say that cause I spent 3 days on orca island a few times going out each day to watch orcas and let me tell you to this day I’m still speechless. Never have I seen so many whales and the respect they have for these whales is just breathtaking. They are like family on the island. Nothing more amazing. Especially when on a boat with scientists so you are right over them.
You don't sound speechless.

Mjmi69

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Moab, 2019 BMW 335, 2018 Jeep Rubicon Recon, 2018 BMW 435i
Occupation
Broker/Owner
The grizzly is nice and you can get one with the JEEP on top embossed, less expensive yet it rates the same as yeti and it’s all made in the USA

Sgt Pickles

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara
I am a yeti snob. My wife spoiled me with a few of their products. I have the lunch box, numerous coffee cups, mugs, jugs, a roadie 24, and a tundra 50. It really is all about the prep. I keep the lunch box in the extra fridge so it’s always prepped. I use my kids lunch ice packs in the cooler the night before to prep them and then use the yeti ice blocks in the bottom and cubed ice on top. I will admit, they are complete overkill for my needs. Definitely could have done just as good cheaper.

O)()()()()(O

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Pelican Coolers all the way. I know its months away, but you can really get a great deal during Black Friday sales events. Yeti is a bit snobbish about allowing retailers to show any price below retail without first adding it to your cart if online.

The Pelicans have prices up to 70% off during the November sales season. Obviously, not peak time for cooler purchases but worth it.

Sponsored

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Question: Are yeti coolers worth the money?

answer: not to me. I find them too expensive for the supposed Limited extra value. Others will disagree. That’s what makes the world terrific.