Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

i have Lifetime 55 qt from Walmart and works great for me , its High brand replica

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Lifetime-55-Quart-High-Performance-Cooler-Grey-90949/490384164
same there. wife was going to buy an RTIC for a few hundred bucks. for occasional family camping. i said no way lol. found the Lifetime on walmarts website and thoroughly read through the reviews. for the size of the cooler, for the money, its a bargain. we've used it once so far. for a 4 day camping trip in Tahoe. packed up, it was really heavy. it stayed cool the entire trip until we got home. with 2 kids constantly opening it. we did prep it beforehand as well. people seem to have good results with their warranty as well when they have an issue.
Sponsored

Ruby Mike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep wrangler diesel
I just bought the Cascade Super Cooler from Costco. It is a 80 quart cooler with 3 inch insulation and is rated as bear proof. The cooler was being disconnected so the price was 219.99, not bad. According to reviews it is a solid cooler. It is heavy at 48 pounds.

Biconia

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Vehicle Showcase
same there. wife was going to buy an RTIC for a few hundred bucks. for occasional family camping. i said no way lol. found the Lifetime on walmarts website and thoroughly read through the reviews. for the size of the cooler, for the money, its a bargain. we've used it once so far. for a 4 day camping trip in Tahoe. packed up, it was really heavy. it stayed cool the entire trip until we got home. with 2 kids constantly opening it. we did prep it beforehand as well. people seem to have good results with their warranty as well when they have an issue.
for the price really cant complaint on that cooler
my off road trip from Cali to Colorado Telluride - Moab Utha cooler was holding most of things cold and fresh inside , and just bought another 55qt for my brother

TCogs1

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cj6
The lifetime coolers at Walmart are made in the USA and are supposed to perform very closely to a yeti. $97 for 55qt

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Lifetime-55-Quart-High-Performance-Cooler-Grey-90949/490384164

Yep.. I almost spent hundreds on other options, yeti arb etc... Lifetime was the best $100 I have ever spent, I have done numerous trips for a week plus.. 20lbs of ice is all your will ever need, simple and cheap.. best part is I called the company cause needed some parts for my lifetime kayak.. no charge.. support from Lifetime is the best in the business.. Would i like a fridge in my JL, sure, is it worth $600 - $1000 bucks no.. same is true with a plastic box, if you spend more than a $100 bucks your burning $.. ice is cheap.. if I go out more than 4 times a year for 7 days or more that is a 37 year ROI.. save your money.. unless your into bragging rights :)

Just my 2 cents..

TC

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

Yep.. I almost spent hundreds on other options, yeti arb etc... Lifetime was the best $100 I have ever spent, I have done numerous trips for a week plus.. 20lbs of ice is all your will ever need, simple and cheap.. best part is I called the company cause needed some parts for my lifetime kayak.. no charge.. support from Lifetime is the best in the business.. Would i like a fridge in my JL, sure, is it worth $600 - $1000 bucks no.. same is true with a plastic box, if you spend more than a $100 bucks your burning $.. ice is cheap.. if I go out more than 4 times a year for 7 days or more that is a 37 year ROI.. save your money.. unless your into bragging rights :)

Just my 2 cents..

TC
you can probab buy a Yeti sticker on ebay for cheap. Slap that on your back window and people will be impressed.

Sponsored

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
I didn't read the whole thing but I'm checking in anyway. Premium coolers are worth it if you will be somewhere that you don't have access to ice, or if you need to have 8cextjst doesn't melt into water quickly.

I own 2 Pelicans, and I use them on multi-day adventures into the wilderness. They are fantastic, and made in AMERICA. I like that.

I also use them for any outdoor adventures in Texas from July to October, because ice melts too fast.

RTIC is just as good as Pelican and Yeti And about half the price.

No experience with any other brands than these 3.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Yea or Nay? I'm thinking about getting one for a fishing trip next month. Or possibly a competitor like Pelican or Orca. Do they really retain ice better than a cheap-o Coleman?
It's a $20 cooler with the $50 bumper sticker no better than any of the others the ones at buc-ee's sells a performance on a test go to YouTube and look at the comparison they have tapped all of YouTube showing they're no different than the other ones you're paying money for that bumper sticker seriously

cmb

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon, 2020 Toyota Tacoma
Just go with a "you beti"

Sponsored

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

Yea or Nay? I'm thinking about getting one for a fishing trip next month. Or possibly a competitor like Pelican or Orca. Do they really retain ice better than a cheap-o Coleman?
Lifetime coolers. USA made half the price and i take it everywhere. 10 lbs of ice over a weekend to keep everything cold. I got it before i did the Mojave trail last year. avg 85 degree in the day with many open and closings 25 lbs of ice covered 4 days and 3 nights on the trail. still had about 5 lbs in the chest when i got home. highly recommend lifetime coolers

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
Personally I wouldn't buy a yeti. I've owned them and sold them as well. I have a 200qt Coleman Extreme Offshore Pro 7 day for large game and hunting, hauling field dressed game back home.

https://www.amazon.com/Coleman-200-...ro+series+marine+cooler&qid=1597687149&sr=8-1

A 65qt pelican for week car camping trips.

https://www.marine.com/products/11-55945/pelican-progear153-65-quart-elite-cooler-tan

and Engel soft side for day/weekend.

https://engelcoolers.com/products/30qt-heavy-duty-tote-cooler?variant=33011357712517&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=Google Shopping&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIt5H9sOei6wIVDODICh2gEQNAEAQYASABEgLfIvD_BwE

I would like to try the Orion's just because they rate highly and the color patterns are awesome! https://store.jacksonadventures.com/outdoors/orion-coolers/coolers/

But typically I need a HUGE cooler or something small depending on use. I use my little soft sided engel 32qt more by FAR.

And don't waste money on ice, or use these in combo to extend your ice https://engelcoolers.com/products/engel-cooler-and-freezer-ice-packs

https://www.amazon.com/FlexiFreeze-...ds=ice+cube+refreezable&qid=1597687619&sr=8-8

Last edited:

Aria51

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara