Sponsored

Are Xtreme Recon crate axles w/ 4:56 gears available from the factory yet?

OllieChristopher

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 GMC 2WD Sierra, 4.3, NV3500, 3:73/TruTrac
So many doubt the stainless brake lines thinking they're just for show. If you're spending the money to increase clearance and tire size, why would you not upgrade the brake portion slowing that added mass down. Much less squishy feel in stopping, totally worth the extra work.
Yes J!! Stainless lines are an outstanding upgrade for any vehicle.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
I finally got back with the XR so coming back to close out the questions that came up....

The axle question is pretty simple. The OD of the tubes is the same. The ID is smaller but has a step just past where it goes into the "C".

As the RCV axle tube seals replace the factory shields they fit in without a problem. I suspect the factory dirt shields will be the same between XR and non-XR models.

I know this as the owner just installed some RCV axles as moved up to 37's so we took a better look when swapping those out.

So that mystery is now solved....

And on the knuckles I've now seen two other XR's and on one of the XR's it also had aluminum knuckles, and one had steel.

So this is definitely a "thing" and if you've ordered an XR take a look at your knuckles. If you don't have steel ones contact your dealership to get them swapped out.

Sponsored

Derf123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jlu
There’s another thread with xr models. Early models all had iron knuckles. Mine was built in September and mine has iron knuckles. Sucks that new xrs got a bait and switch without any memo.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
I finally got back with the XR so coming back to close out the questions that came up....

The axle question is pretty simple. The OD of the tubes is the same. The ID is smaller but has a step just past where it goes into the "C".

As the RCV axle tube seals replace the factory shields they fit in without a problem. I suspect the factory dirt shields will be the same between XR and non-XR models.

I know this as the owner just installed some RCV axles as moved up to 37's so we took a better look when swapping those out.

So that mystery is now solved....

And on the knuckles I've now seen two other XR's and on one of the XR's it also had aluminum knuckles, and one had steel.

So this is definitely a "thing" and if you've ordered an XR take a look at your knuckles. If you don't have steel ones contact your dealership to get them swapped out.
Wow. Actually shipping some new XRs without cast iron knuckles 🤯. That’s great input on axles. Great you took the time for clarification 👍🏻.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Wow. Actually shipping some new XRs without cast iron knuckles 🤯. That’s great input on axles. Great you took the time for clarification 👍🏻.
It was bugging me as I could not understand how the RCV seals fit if the ID was smaller. Now I know after 3 hours of driving to help out ;)

On the knuckles only the Mohave clearly states it comes with them interestingly enough. The XR package doesn't mention it.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
It was bugging me as I could not understand how the RCV seals fit if the ID was smaller. Now I know after 3 hours of driving to help out ;)

On the knuckles only the Mohave clearly states it comes with them interestingly enough. The XR package doesn't mention it.
Lol. I bet it was driving you nuts. Sounds like a good group if you guys put that much time in to assist each other 👍🏻. I could have sworn it mentioned the knuckles. Either way, everyone with knowledge is definitely expecting them 🤦🏼‍♂️.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Lol. I bet it was driving you nuts. Sounds like a good group if you guys put that much time in to assist each other 👍🏻. I could have sworn it mentioned the knuckles. Either way, everyone with knowledge is definitely expecting them 🤦🏼‍♂️.
Well in all honestly I was a bit worried. I showed him how to get the RCV seals started and tap them in with a hammer and a piece of wood. And left him to get that done. He seemed to be knocking for a bit so I was a bit concerned (in retrospect) that was the seals crushing to fit into a too small ID tube! Relieved this was not the case.

As for the knuckles the other guy that had aluminum had no clue what I was talking about. I think we assume all Jeep owners are on this forum and wrenching on their Jeeps and know bolt sizes and such by memory; a good portion just buy and drive.

Sponsored

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
As for the knuckles the other guy that had aluminum had no clue what I was talking about. I think we assume all Jeep owners are on this forum and wrenching on their Jeeps and know bolt sizes and such by memory; a good portion just buy and drive.
I can see this. I may not do all wrenching, can do some (I know my limits) but like to have knowledge. I am kind of a freak about researching crap lol. Just FYI - I messaged Scot Blum (wrangler product lead) on FB again after your message about another XR with aluminum and he again stated “all XRs should have iron knuckles”. I also stated can’t find documentation that states that. Will see if I ever receive it lol.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
What Facebook group are you finding this info?
I follow a couple groups. One is the 392 owners group and the other is the Jeep Wrangler JL - no BS. Both have some good discussion around the XR differences. I also bug Scott sometimes on messenger. He will answer most questions and sometimes will respond with can’t say lol

OP
OP
blnewt

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Anyone know if these are available yet by chance, and if so, part#s
TIA

azwjowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL; 2004 WJ (sold but never forgotten)
Anyone know if these are available yet by chance, and if so, part#s
TIA
I've done some searching, including the 4.88 axles as well, to find the part numbers and they are oddly unavailable to order. Makes me think Jeep purposely blocks them from orders.
Sponsored