Sponsored

Are we waving at the new Broncos?

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
ah no, but wont have that issue for at least a year and bet Ford screws up their launch like the new Exploder launch last year so maybe wont see many until 2022.

Sponsored

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
To answer whether we wave to Broncos, IMHO, is only best answered by why we wave to Wranglers.

To my way of seeing things, it's at least as much to recognize a fellow owner as it is a person of similar free spirited mindset who, even if only in dreams, desires to be able to take their vehicle to places where the paved road ends.

Now--sure--that doesn't mean I'm waving like "Forest Gump the Shrimper seeing Lt. Dan for the first time after the war," at various Toyota and Range Rover rigs, but if they're outfitted for overland experiences I very well might.

Conversely, young women headed for the beach with little to no top on (ambiguity as to which top I refer to by design;)) in Wranglers are likely to NOT get this AARP eligible member's wave for fear of getting pulled over by some LEO who doesn't know the Jeep Wave.

But to point, Jeff was brave enough to take the first position I stand by https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/i-will-be-waving-at-the-new-broncos.54286/ @Wabujitsu. Bronco owners are adventure seeking mindset people like us, and our country is just so divided right now that finding commonality with others rather than differences is mandated.

Wrangler owners are trail blazers not simply in terrain but ideology. Let media pick up on our wave to Broncos as a way to remind others in these times, that those different than us that are still, first our countrymates.

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 4xe, 21 Supra 3.0, 21 Pacifica Hybrid
LOL, I usually forget to wave to Jeep Wrangler owners, so for me no...

Sponsored

Whiskeybiskit

First Name
Donny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL wrangler sport s
Vehicle Showcase
Driving around town on pavement, that's a no. Driving on dirt roads and trails, that's a yes. Everyone pretty much waves at everybody else while enjoying a day on the trails out here in Vegas.

Shawn_1121

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara
Same answer for this thread as in the other thread about waving at bronco's... answer is simply a NO

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I won't be waving. I'll admire them, but no wave. That's part of the Jeep thing, not a Ford thing. Besides, there are so many Wranglers in my AO, I feel like I'm waving at every other car even without Broncos.

I will, however, be happy to stop and pull them out of sticky situations off-road.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Take a realistic birds eye view at the posts in all the various rerun bronco threads that keep popping up. Wrangler owners are telling it like it is, while not so soon to be bronco owners are quick to take offense, being antagonistic, and repeatedly take to pathetic attempts to back pedal rather than show an ounce of decency by admitting they were wrong. It's not only perfectly fine, but the sign of having a strong character to admit it when your conversationally backed into a corner.

I'll save my wave for the like minded, thinking types that make the Jeep community as great as it is. Cheers, fellow Jeepers!

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Take a realistic birds eye view at the posts in all the various rerun bronco threads that keep popping up. Wrangler owners are telling it like it is, while not so soon to be bronco owners are quick to take offense, being antagonistic, and repeatedly take to pathetic attempts to back pedal rather than show an ounce of decency by admitting they were wrong. It's not only perfectly fine, but the sign of having a strong character to admit it when your conversationally backed into a corner.

I'll save my wave for the like minded, thinking types that make the Jeep community as great as it is. Cheers, fellow Jeepers!
What really tells the story is that Bronco fans are hanging around this Jeep forum. I think they like us and really like Jeeps.
Sponsored