Sponsored

Are us middle class Jeepers going to be (fuel) forcefully priced out of enjoying our Jeeps? [CLOSED DUE TO POLITICS]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
There is a post from the other day that shows the demographics of Wrangler owners. The research company found the average household income of JK and JL owners to be $115k-$123k.

While it varies from state to state what income is considered middle class, these numbers land easily in the middle class range in even the most expensive states.

Basically if you can afford to own a JL, then its safe to assume you fall in the middle class or higher bracket.

https://www.yahoo.com/now/income-level-considered-middle-class-220034193.html

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...phics-stats-age-gender-income-and-more.93841/
Thanks!
Sponsored

warrior49

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Willys 3.6 Sarge Green
Occupation
Guitar Slinger
Gas prices here in CA have me driving my JL on short trips to the store, but that's about it. I'm leaning on my Nissan Frontier until this crap settles down.

m3reno

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLU
To the OP, that's what they want! They want us to drive smaller cars as they do world wide! Many of my cousins in Europe were always a bit jealous that we pay such low gas prices and commented "now you know how we feel"!

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
To the OP, that's what they want! They want us to drive smaller cars as they do world wide! Many of my cousins in Europe were always a bit jealous that we pay such low gas prices and commented "now you know how we feel"!
I drive a 2 door, don’t think I can get much smaller lol.

Florida:
  • 2-person family middle-class income range: $41,696 to $124,466

Such a wide range.

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
You all know it. Gas price averages are growing almost everyday, faster than an adolescent kid.

I would like to get the opinions of other Jeepers that may be in the same boat as myself. I work hard, I work honest, I save up so I can enjoy some of the fruits of my labor and enjoy my dream vehicle.
Well, enjoy within feasible means is what I follow and what we grew up on.

$2.xx a gallon? Yeah, enjoy my Jeep without a worry
$3.xx a gallon? Hmm.... yeah ok. I guess I can drive around
$4.xx a gallon? Need to think about a few things.
$5.xx a gallon, as expected in another month or two? oops.

This is 2 years on from being at a position where I could comfortably have afforded a JLU diesel, which is still the dream Jeep in an ideal world scenario. Not anymore.

Is this situation ever going to resolve itself or are we forcefully being shoehorned into commuting less and/or going full EV? The latter is coming for sure, but I can't believe it will be a slimy tactic by those in power to force us into it.

Full electric Jeeps? Cool technology and probably high efficiency but no thanks, for me at least.

The rich, super rich and uber rich will probably use their fully loaded and modded Jeeps as their 3rd/4th vehicles or weekend toys, but that's far from reality for a good portion of us.

What can a simple honest random Joe Noname like me expect in the coming months and the next couple of years?

Your thoughts?
Will it resolve itself? Yes.
Does it involve new leadership in Washington that we aren't allowed to talk about. YES.
Don't lose hope, that's all I can say.

Sponsored

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS-V, 2018 JLU Sport Firecracker Red
For the people who put 37s on their Jeeps to drive to the mall, they get hit pretty hard. For people who drive a Jeep closer to stock, it's not really that bad. A lot of common vehicles I see on our freeways are not any better on fuel economy than the Jeep, and many are worse.
For me I hardly drive anymore, most of my miles are from here to Utah or Colorado so I can go wheeling. But that's a lot of miles and I have to start thinking about it. I made 4 long trips last year, I'll probably do only 3 this year.

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Are middle classed Jeepers getting priced out of Jeeps? Or are they getting priced out of the middle class?

That said, for anyone that owns a JL and complains about gas prices: You knew this was coming, didn't you? $5 a gallon gas is not news. If you are concerned about the price of gas you probably shouldn't buy a vehicle that gets 12mpg as a commuter vehicle.

Ugh I hate how smug that sounds. It's not meant to be!

But seriously, the same thing happened with Hummers back in 2008, and a lot of people who would be whining about the price of gas now probably made fun of people who had hummers back then lol.

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
Although fuel is very expensive, at least it’s readily available. When I Learned to drive in the 70s, there was gas rationing, something that would greatly affect us Jeep owners. I hope oil price controls are never again implemented because rationing would be the result.

my solution for all contingencies…I have a Tesla MY on order…which will replace my wife’s Ford Edge.

m3reno

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLU
I just read an article that said in Washington state they are adjusting their gas pump computers for double digit pricing!! Main reason was there is a fuel shortage that will drive the price of gas to 10.00 a gallon by summer!

Sponsored

NMPirate

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Old go-cart from 1973
Occupation
King Shit of Turd Island
So, I have read every word that has been in this post. I have to say that this is how the world should be. We have all stated opinions and have had a great discussion on what we believe. Nobody has personally attacked anyone and we continue to be.... Americans!! :flag:
Ooops! Sorry I forgot to include all of our friends in Canada, UK, Australia and I think we even have some in the Middle East. I've seen a few lady's on here from Japan and even a gentleman that was trying to get his family and Jeep out of Ukraine. No offence intended to all of the Jeep lovers! We are all a great big family! If I missed any other countries of our friends, please chime in.

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
Jeep Wrangler JL Are us middle class Jeepers going to be (fuel) forcefully priced out of enjoying our Jeeps? [CLOSED DUE TO POLITICS] BA46E18C-2268-47DA-8576-CCD1DE255634

I actually really like the Vespa Red, looks sharp and could see getting one to ride around town on nice days.

One problem... My sister had a little Chinese 49cc scooter when she was slightly below dirt poor and was hit by a distracted deputy. She was life flighted and spent weeks in the ICU. So every time I get the itch for two wheels, it’s easy enough to talk myself out of it.

I can admit, two wheels looks really fun to me. Mostly scooters and the dual sport enduros. I may settle for that 3 wheeled Russian bike with the side cart, Ural I think. I seen a member post them here a lot.

CaJLMetalHead

First Name
CAJLMetalHead
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport Unlimited
when I bought my JL back in 2018 I did not think much about gas.. now, with 3.5 inch lift. 40 inch tires and non-regeared diffs I need to think about every time I go on a date or camping / exploring.. before I did not care.. I went everywhere for the silliest of off-roading events... it pains me to think that I have to now be picky about where I go ... gas prices definitely takes away from the joy of driving my rig.. UGH!!

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
when I bought my JL back in 2018 I did not think much about gas.. now, with 3.5 inch lift. 40 inch tires and non-regeared diffs I need to think about every time I go on a date or camping / exploring.. before I did not care.. I went everywhere for the silliest of off-roading events... it pains me to think that I have to now be picky about where I go ... gas prices definitely takes away from the joy of driving my rig.. UGH!!
Are you really running 40s on the 3.45 gears? Interested to hear how they're holding up.

CaJLMetalHead

First Name
CAJLMetalHead
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport Unlimited
Are you really running 40s on the 3.45 gears? Interested to hear how they're holding up.
nope... 4.10... although my JL is a JLU Sport I upgraded to Gladiator Rubicon axles with 4.10 gears... wohooo
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.