Sponsored

Are us middle class Jeepers going to be (fuel) forcefully priced out of enjoying our Jeeps? [CLOSED DUE TO POLITICS]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remorseless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLR 2.0T, '21 KL TH 3.2, '19 Charger R/T 5.7
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Holier Than Thou Internet Bully, Part-Time Online Boy Scout, Full-Time Arson Enthusiast
Selling blood and sperm for gas is not an option. I use that money for Jeep parts.
So does that mean that ass money == gas money?
Sponsored

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
If you are concerned about the price of gas you probably shouldn't buy a vehicle that gets 12mpg as a commuter vehicle.
My daily-driven JLU 2.0T averages 27 mpg. It replaced a mid-sized truck that averaged 18 mpg. Granted, I don't have a heavy right foot.

Yes, fuel-thirsty Jeep builds aren't unknown here, but the range of the Wrangler's available fuel efficiency is much broader than has been suggested on this forum.

I can admit, two wheels looks really fun to me. Mostly scooters and the dual sport enduros. I may settle for that 3 wheeled Russian bike with the side cart, Ural I think. I seen a member post them here a lot.
This jerk? 😎

I'm still reeling from the $600 DMV registration renewal fee I got hit with this past month.
I just paid $78.00 to renew the registration of my wife's vehicle for two years. What value is California claiming to provide that they require six C-notes(!) for a one-year registration? Do they use the imputed value of your vehicle(s) as a method of backdoor taxation via usurious registration fees, in the same manner that Virginia does?

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
My daily-driven JLU 2.0T averages 27 mpg. It replaced a mid-sized truck that averaged 18 mpg. Granted, I don't have a heavy right foot.

Yes, fuel-thirsty Jeep builds aren't unknown here, but the range of the Wrangler's available fuel efficiency is much broader than has been suggested on this forum.

This jerk? 😎

I just paid $78.00 to renew the registration of my wife's vehicle for two years. What value is California claiming to provide that they require six C-notes(!) for a one-year registration? Do they use the imputed value of your vehicle(s) as a method of backdoor taxation via usurious registration fees, in the same manner that Virginia does?
My parents own a JLU with the 2.0T and I am always surprised that it consistently averages mid 20’s. My Jeep is usually around 17-18. But I am running a lot of weight and wide tires with the top down regularly (doorless when possible). I’m not disappointed in the fuel economy with my Jeep, only the range due to the small tank.

Sponsored

Remorseless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Holier Than Thou Internet Bully, Part-Time Online Boy Scout, Full-Time Arson Enthusiast

Remorseless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sadly, that hasn't been my experience. The luxury senior centers seem to be the only places to find disposable income nowadays.
Jeep Wrangler JL Are us middle class Jeepers going to be (fuel) forcefully priced out of enjoying our Jeeps? [CLOSED DUE TO POLITICS] throwing-hotdog-down-a-hallway-tight
Don't mind me, just gonna float down the river of gas I can afford thanks to my sugar grandmommas

649ww96hpvg5sgnwed73yxdsp2yjee2lmzcqgnaa&rid=giphy.gif

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
I don't see myself ever owning an all-electric car... Tesla servers recently experienced an issue that caused hundreds of Tesla owners not to be able to get into their cars until the issue was resolved... I'm already looking at ways to disable vehicle tracking, black boxes, etc... The less "oversight" in my life, the better I like it... I don't need anyone shutting down my vehicle for any reason and it's no ones business where/how I drive as long as I do it legally.

How are people going to be able to charge their cars during an extended power outage from a Hurricane/Tornado or other natural disaster?

Last edited:

Sponsored

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
I don't see myself ever owning an all-electric car... Tesla servers recently experience an issue that caused hundreds of Tesla owners not to be able to get into their cars until the issue was resolved... I'm already looking at ways to disable vehicle tracking, black boxes, etc... The less "oversight" in my life, the better I like it... I don't need anyone shutting down my vehicle for any reason and it's no ones business where/how I drive as long as I do it legally.

How are people going to be able to charge their cars during an extended power outage from a Hurricane/Tornado or other natural disaster?
I wouldn’t own a Tesla either; friend had one and the quality was bad (it was an early S). But something like a Mini Cooper Electric interests me in part due to the rebate and looks fun to beat around town. I wouldn’t buy it, unless I could charge it at home and preferably with solar panels. If this wasn’t viable option, then it would have to be a Miata or similar.

Another reason I wouldn’t buy a Tesla… I talked with a recruiter for SpaceX and the pay was laughably low, with hours bordering on insane. Apparently people go work for them because it’s SpaceX and Elon Musk.

Remorseless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hahahahaha!

Do they have any sisters?
We'll just wander the home until we find you a nice set of widows. Gotta make sure that tank is full!

mini_cal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Unlimited
If it makes you feel any better I had to fill up at $2.08/L this weekend (Canadian) - and this is for regular 87 oct.

To put that in perspective, that's about $7.90 CAD per gallon - quick exchange rate to USD puts it at about $6.15/gallon.

We are told it will "only go up" this summer 🤕

gregus73

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0, 2021 Suburban Z71
Occupation
Stuff
To me gas is a necessity, and I am not complaining too bad that both of my vehicles get 18-20 mpg.
When I need to zip into town, I take my Stromer e-bike.

Yes I feel the pinch, but cutting back on other things too.

variableknife

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Wrangler Sport S
This really is a difficult topic to cover without injecting politics into the conversation, and I won't here, either. I just hope that at some point they start to drop a bit. I have an ecodiesel and commute about 100 miles per day. I am getting 31-36 mpg on the highway, and am very happy with my choice. But it is just sad to me how high these prices have climbed in only 16 months.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.