Rangerheave

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
short, stubby, black rubber antennae. Are they all created equal? Is there one brand that is better than others in terms of maintaining the signal strength? Any brands I should avoid?

I would like to replace the long whip antennae on my JL
Sponsored

SandBucket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR; 2017 Subaru Outback; 1999 TJ Sport (traded-in)
short, stubby, black rubber antennae. Are they all created equal? Is there one brand that is better than others in terms of maintaining the signal strength? Any brands I should avoid?

I started with this one but the FM reception was AWFUL.
AntennaX The Shorty (5-inch) Antenna for (07 thru 18) Jeep Wrangler JK JL https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DQJ8T00/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_K7WEBb5TFDVXP

I switched to this one and the reception is MUCH better. Perhaps not as good as the original antenna but it is good enough and looks a lot better.
Rydonair Antenna Compatible Jeep Wrangler JK JKU JL JLU Rubicon Sahara (2007-2018) | 13 inches Flexible Rubber Antenna Replacement | Designed Optimized FM/AM Reception https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BDFQDVJ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_H6WEBbWSZRYR6

kkuntz01

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab

I've been using AntennaX antenna's for years (the 13" model) and have mostly been pretty happy with it. In fact the one I used on my JK I just transferred over to my JL.

Having said that though, the AntennaX antenna I was using on my wife's Ram (same style antenna, different threaded stud) had an issue. Not sure if it was damaged going through the car wash or what, but it had crack in it. When I attempted to remove it, it snapped the thread stud off where it attaches to the vehicle. My suggestion regardless of what brand antenna you go with, dab a little synthetic grease on the threads so moisture can't penetrate and cause the threads to rust.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rangerheave

Rangerheave

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
I've been using AntennaX antenna's for years (the 13" model) and have mostly been pretty happy with it. In fact the one I used on my JK I just transferred over to my JL.

Having said that though, the AntennaX antenna I was using on my wife's Ram (same style antenna, different threaded stud) had an issue. Not sure if it was damaged going through the car wash or what, but it had crack in it. When I attempted to remove it, it snapped the thread stud off where it attaches to the vehicle. My suggestion regardless of what brand antenna you go with, dab a little synthetic grease on the threads so moisture can't penetrate and cause the threads to rust.
Thanks for the reply

Kadonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Manual Trans Front Spacers, 2010 JKU Wrangler Sport
I just wish they painted/powdercoated the stock antenna black. That's all I want, I may paint my myself because it is the best antenna to use for reception.

Sponsored

BlairF

First Name
Blair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS-S Mojito! - 2014 Challenger RT Classic (SuperCharged) - 2016 Dodge Durango RT
Occupation
Technology Incident Management
Vehicle Showcase
People still use the OTA radio? Sirius all the way. :)

OP
OP
Rangerheave

Rangerheave

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
People still use the OTA radio? Sirius all the way. :)
I would love to have Sirius radio. Unfortunately, I live in the most disenfranchised state in the Union (Alaska) and we dont have that capability up here.

BlairF

First Name
Blair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS-S Mojito! - 2014 Challenger RT Classic (SuperCharged) - 2016 Dodge Durango RT
Occupation
Technology Incident Management
Vehicle Showcase
I would love to have Sirius radio. Unfortunately, I live in the most disenfranchised state in the Union (Alaska) and we dont have that capability up here.
I didn't even realize. My apologies... Tell them to get some satellites up there!

OP
OP
Rangerheave

Rangerheave

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Vehicle Showcase