Sponsored

Are these Rubicon 4xe wheels that came stock on my Sport S?

Dointhaangz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU SportS
There wasn't any option line for wheels on the window sticker. Just got it about 3 months ago and I haven't really seen these wheels on any other Jeep in person yet.

Any input on how these could have come on an otherwise stripped down Sport S?

Jeep Wrangler JL Are these Rubicon 4xe wheels that came stock on my Sport S? 20210726_123400_HDR
Sponsored

Wolfy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
Those don't look at all like the wheels/tires that cam on my sport s. Score!

daveprice7

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport 2DR, 2020 Willys 2DR
Occupation
Nerd
Those are... Gladiator wheels if I'm not mistaken. I've seen them listed as take offs on classifieds. I don't think FCA uses any gladiator rims on wranglers... So, maybe dealer shenanigans?

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Interesting, except Gladiators don’t get matching spare wheels. The dealer could some done some swapping around. Are the tires the same size as the sticker in the door jamb?

mferrara91

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
Those are Rubi wheels - they have the red Willys on them. You definitely lucked out.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Dointhaangz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU SportS
Interesting, except Gladiators don’t get matching spare wheels. The dealer could some done some swapping around. Are the tires the same size as the sticker in the door jamb?
Yup. Door jam says "original tire size 245/75/17" and that is what's on them in Bridgestone dueler a/t's.

OP
OP

Dointhaangz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU SportS
Those are Rubi wheels - they have the red Willys on them. You definitely lucked out.
From what I've seen rubi wheels have silver the whole way down to the lug nut area. These are basically just silver on the outer portion of the wheel.

Dirty, but here is a close up now of the wheel itself:
Jeep Wrangler JL Are these Rubicon 4xe wheels that came stock on my Sport S? 163185136270291965036

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero

Sponsored

OP
OP

Dointhaangz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU SportS
Those are... Gladiator wheels if I'm not mistaken. I've seen them listed as take offs on classifieds. I don't think FCA uses any gladiator rims on wranglers... So, maybe dealer shenanigans?
Yeah thanks for pointing this out. I think the mystery is mostly solved.
They do look like they're Gladiator Rubicon wheels and somehow I got the spare out of it too. Oh well I guess I'll take it!

OP
OP

Dointhaangz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU SportS
Those are Gladiator Rubicon wheels. Just did a Google image search. Dealer switched at some point. Did you buy it new?
Yup. 7 miles on it at time of purchase. Guess it'll forever be a mystery where they got the 5th wheel from!

mbartelt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Any input on how these could have come on an otherwise stripped down Sport S?
Maybe someone who bought the vehicle those came off didn't want them and asked them to trade for black standard rims... and they were just put on as a free upgrade?

That sounds like something I would do. lol

AvengerDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport Unlimited
I have the same wheels. They aren’t dealer takeoffs. These were available as an option on the Build site for a brief time around April/May. These wheels were in the “in transit” pic of my Jeep before it hit the dealer lot.

Here’s my equipment sheet:

Jeep Wrangler JL Are these Rubicon 4xe wheels that came stock on my Sport S? 2A7F242E-6F77-4621-A206-8421746E98F4

I’m glad I got these. They are better looking than most of the aftermarket option, IMO.

Jeep Wrangler JL Are these Rubicon 4xe wheels that came stock on my Sport S? 36CE5111-88A4-41CF-B3CC-6C6A2C77B109