First Name
Fake Name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR and YJ
Occupation
Engineer
$547 divided by 5 locks is only $109.40 each so if they throw in the: tax, title transfer, transportation and finance, it might be worth considering. PS Get two lock keys.
Tough to tell if you're joking online.. The locks are made by McGard out of NY State (Buffalo area?). They're $40 a set online.

s-l300.jpg

The factory installed ones on my Jeep basically has this exact pack in the glovebox and the regular nuts in the box with the lock nuts on the wheels.

I lost the key once for my 13' JKUR (left it on bumper then drove off) and ordered one from McGard directly for a few bucks. The instructions for replacement are on the box - so never remove it from the Jeep.
Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Tough to tell if you're joking online.. The locks are made by McGard out of NY State (Buffalo area?). They're $40 a set online.

s-l300.jpg

The factory installed ones on my Jeep basically has this exact pack in the glovebox and the regular nuts in the box with the lock nuts on the wheels.

I lost the key once for my 13' JKUR (left it on bumper then drove off) and ordered one from McGard directly for a few bucks. The instructions for replacement are on the box - so never remove it from the Jeep.
Not to derail this thread, but I hate lock nuts. I will not take delivery of them on my JL. On two separate cars Iā€™ve had them shear off, requiring I get my vehicle (with a flat tire) somewhere where they could weld a nut on the end to get the damn thing off. Never again. Iā€™d rather have my wheels stolen, unlikely a scenario as that is where I live/work/park, and have insurance buy me shiny new ones.

RockAltered

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLR V6 AT & 23 Ram Limited 4x4
Occupation
Retired.
I apologize for jumping on the misunderstood humor wagon. $547 for window tint insurance, nitrogen tire air and wheel locks is absurd and that dealer should be outed. Again, I apologize for my lack of tact.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
I would cancel the order. No dealer would ever get my business after a call like that.

K9Jeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 392XR
I would demand they donā€™t add anything, and if they must, then tell them go find some other sucka

Sponsored

nel1551

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2017 Subaru Forester
Cherry Hill Jeep in NJ near Philly has some BS add on crap too. They put that crappy plastic door molding around the doors and charge some type of 'protection package'. They even stick a sticker on the windshield saying it like they added something great. I can't find a decent picture, but you can see the crappy molding on the Jeep in this ad:

https://www.cherryhilljeep.com/new/...nlimited-2ac803050a0e0ae778da996ff4369d48.htm

I was told by a salesman that dealers add things to vehicles like tint, that plastic door guard stuff, etc because they get incentives for selling so much. That gives the dealer the capability of raising the price on the vehicle (couldn't tell you how many dealers in Idaho will tint windows and charge and extra $150 for tint you didn't ask for) and then they get cash incentives from the tint company for tinting let's say 50,000 windows. Same with door guards. This sales man said Mopar will give incentives for upgrading so many vehicles with aftermarket Mopar parts. Dealer orders 100 dodge rams and upgrades 20 of them to sell and Mopar will give them cash incentive for meeting their requirement of 20 upgraded rams. Not sure how true this is, but it definitely wouldn't surprise me.

domleeds1919

First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Saab 9-3 Aero; soon to be JLU owner!
window tint warranty? what a joke! especially on factory tinted windows...the tint is built into the glass, not a film placed over like after market stuff. dealers try everything to make a dollar.

Matt The Hammer

First Name
Fake Name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR and YJ
Occupation
Engineer
The dealership stickers are out of hand sometimes. I swear on my life, a couple years ago I was buying a car from a dealership that puts their name+logo stickers on the trunk/tailgate, across the back windshields w/dealership website, and dealer license plate frames front and back. And people were just driving off the lot like that, no problem. At first I thought I was seeing loaner cars pulling out until I looked at my car before leaving:surprised: You couldn't give me a good enough deal to accept that.
Funny how this is normal in car sales.

Imagine buying a pair of Jeans and the store you bought them from adding another tag with their name and info on it too? Madness.

rafaelsmith

First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JK X 2-DR
Stickers, Plaques, frames, etc with dealer names and logos are something I demand they remove before I buy. When ordering a vehicle, I make sure they know not to add any of that crap when they get the vehicle.

I never take any of the extended warranties, oil change packages, etc that dealers offer. I do get Gap, usually from insurance company however.

Sponsored

Jeepster2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Total markup.

Go to another dealer...

Hello,

Now that my JLU has been put on the truck to be shipped to me, I reached out to my dealer to give me a total out the door cost. She told me that in addition to the cost of the vehicle we discussed, she wants to charge me an optional $547 for the following options: Lifetime Warranty on Window Tinting, Nitrogen in the Tires and Wheel Locks.

To me, this seems like a complete rip off. Does anyone think this is worth $547? Are other dealers trying to do the same?