Sponsored

Are there non-plastic windows available for the soft top Wrangler?

pantheman75

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cherokee Limited, 2023 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
I already realize that a Wrangler with the "Sky One Touch" option roof is likely what I need to order, but I'm curious... are there good aftermarket replacement options out there to replace the plastic side / rear windows on a soft top Wrangler? Clearly weight / ease of removal were factors in the design and I get why Jeep has in the past and continues to go with that design decision... it's just my personal opinion... the plastic side / rear windows look like garbage and don't age well. Are there any other aftermarket options with the soft top?
Sponsored

The_Phew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GTI 6MT
Bestop will eventually sell the JL version of their Trektop Pro Hybrid soft top that has glass side windows and hatch.

https://www.bestop.com/trektop-pro-hybrid-soft-top/

I think that's what you want. It's more of a hard top replacement than a soft top replacement, though, since it's not a convertible top (still can open to 'Sunrider' position though).

Last edited:

imapseudonym

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Hella Yella Rubicon
Bestop will eventually sell the JL version of their Trektop Pro Hybrid soft top that has glass side windows and hatch.

https://www.bestop.com/trektop-pro-hybrid-soft-top/

I think that's what you want. It's more of a hard top replacement than a soft top replacement, though, since it's not a convertible top (still can open to 'Sunrider' position though).
I really hope they make that for the JL. I want one!! Ha

55WillysWagon

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1955 Willys Wagon, 2019 Jeep Wrangler OB JLUR
Isn't there a company out there that will replace the soft plastic with a more rigid plastic? On my boat I have an enclosure that uses Macrolon windows. Very rigid and will not roll up. Think thin Lexan. Really like that material.

ChrispyJL

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk"N JLU Sport s
Occupation
Building Mechanic
My opinion is opposite, love soft sides and rear. Looks like a jeep, and they age well if you take care of them.
That power touch top looks like a monster pile of dookie, and the price is a bigger pile of dookie, rear window does not come out, just looks stupid with side windows out.
IMO it has no place on a wrangler.
Look at pics of the power top with windows and doors off, it just looks wrong on every lvl

Sponsored

OP
OP
pantheman75

pantheman75

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cherokee Limited, 2023 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
I agree that the soft top model with the top down looks better, but I don't think that the Sky One Touch model with everything down / off looks bad at all... it looks more "safari" to me (if that makes any sense) LOL

img_7949-jpg.jpg

img_7951-jpg.jpg

The_Phew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GTI 6MT
I agree that the soft top model with the top down looks better, but I don't think that the Sky One Touch model with everything down / off looks bad at all... it looks more "safari" to me (if that makes any sense) LOL
To each their own, but that looks like someone parked overnight in a bad neighborhood and just had a bunch of body panels ripped off. I was scrolling down and expected to see it sitting on cinderblocks.

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
I already realize that a Wrangler with the "Sky One Touch" option roof is likely what I need to order, but I'm curious... are there good aftermarket replacement options out there to replace the plastic side / rear windows on a soft top Wrangler? Clearly weight / ease of removal were factors in the design and I get why Jeep has in the past and continues to go with that design decision... it's just my personal opinion... the plastic side / rear windows look like garbage and don't age well. Are there any other aftermarket options with the soft top?
Here's my take on your needs. You can correct me if I'm wrong. You want the ability to expose your roof to the elements, hence your attraction to the soft top or power hard top, but you want glass windows on the sides. And its not that your "hard top adverse per se if that hard top could easily open:"

It's not easy, just worth it IMHO:

https://expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/converting-a-factory-jk-jku-hardtop-to-modular.160775/

P.S. maybe JeeTops too if you prefer to see the sky over feeling it. https://jeetop.com/

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport

img_7949-jpg.jpg

img_7951-jpg.jpg
Very nice neighborhood .

Sippican

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Vehicle Showcase
To each their own, but that looks like someone parked overnight in a bad neighborhood and just had a bunch of body panels ripped off. I was scrolling down and expected to see it sitting on cinderblocks.
Got a chuckle out of that one....

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Yea, it's just weird when you can see the roll cage with the roof still over it.
Sponsored