Sponsored

Are there new front lower spring isolators for Mopar Lift?

Andrew

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I had a dealer put on the Mopar 2" lift. The front lower spring isolator pads are black instead of the grey ones plastered all over this forum and the internet. I started looking more closely and noticed the right front spring is not correctly seated in the isolator. I also noticed that this isolator is the factory pad, not the one that came with the lift kit (grey marker stroke from factory on stock isolator matches one on the stock spring) The dealer said they are the same part numbers so they just left the stock isolator on. After a dealer visit for an attempted repair, it is the same. They have ordered new parts to see if that corrects the issue. The part numbers are 68342250AC (right) and 68427380AA (Left). The right is same part number as stock and stamped on the isolator. The left is a different part number and has no part number stamped on the actual part.

My main question with all of this is that the dealer is insisting new JL 3.6L 2" Mopar lift kits come with black front lower isolators. Is this true? I called Jeep Wave, Mopar parts, a few retailers of the lift kits, several random dealers.... no one has an answer.

IMG_5725.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bearman95

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
The dealer put my lIft on last fall and it came with the gray pads! No problems with it whatsoever!

Brooklynjlu2018

First Name
Junior
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler sahara
Garbage mine were on for less than a week and there were rub marks all over the coils. I replaced with rock krawler ones 30$ springs are straight as an arrow

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
I had a dealer put on the Mopar 2" lift. The front lower spring isolator pads are black instead of the grey ones plastered all over this forum and the internet. I started looking more closely and noticed the right front spring is not correctly seated in the isolator. I also noticed that this isolator is the factory pad, not the one that came with the lift kit (grey marker stroke from factory on stock isolator matches one on the stock spring) The dealer said they are the same part numbers so they just left the stock isolator on. After a dealer visit for an attempted repair, it is the same. They have ordered new parts to see if that corrects the issue. The part numbers are 68342250AC (right) and 68427380AA (Left). The right is same part number as stock and stamped on the isolator. The left is a different part number and has no part number stamped on the actual part.

My main question with all of this is that the dealer is insisting new JL 3.6L 2" Mopar lift kits come with black front lower isolators. Is this true? I called Jeep Wave, Mopar parts, a few retailers of the lift kits, several random dealers.... no one has an answer.

IMG_5725.jpeg
Yes I believe the black is the newer version.

Man-of-methods

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR (His) 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS (Hers)
Vehicle Showcase
I personally don't like how that spring bows. I thought that wasn't normal..?

Sponsored

cjljl2018

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 392 XR, 2021 JGCL Summit Reserve

IMG_5725.jpeg
I just had my front springs and isolators replaced, and got my JLUR back today. Same issue as what you're describing on the right side. It all started with the driver side isolator failing, and then I noticed they installed the front springs on the opposite sides like many have noted here. In any case, they replaced both isolators even though my right one was ok. The replacement parts on those were 68427380AA and 68342250AB. So I now have a gray isolator on the driver side and a black one on the passenger side. Here's what my right side looks like...

IMG_9933.jpg

OP
OP

Andrew

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
The dealer was finally able to get mine back in. They ordered new lower isolators which were the parts listed in the instruction manual. The left is grey, the right is black. They only replaced the right upper and lower which got the spring to sit properly in the lower isolator.

The problem I had is the dealer lied about several things and I'm having trouble sorting out their lies from the truth. The Jeep lift kit crate they put all my stock parts in was dated 3/2018 which was before the isolator redesign (I went over the redesign many, many, many times and practically begged them to make sure they order a new one). All factory parts were in the crate except for the isolators which I was later told they threw away. They said the manager took my crate and put take offs in an old crate. After the lift install, the right side had the stock isolator (it had a match mark on the factory spring) and they were both black. They said they have done 20 or so lifts, yet several techs have slipped and said they have never done them before.

I've just come to the realization that if a person at a Jeep dealership opens their mouth, you can assume that they are lying and it's impossible to get to the bottom of things because FCA and Mopar won't share any information with us lowly customers paying top dollar for their garbage.

My last car was a BMW 5 series. Sure I paid a lot for service.... but I never had to think twice about their integrity or ability to fix their cars.

it's just frustrating!

OP
OP

Andrew

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
look at the difference beween the one on mine and the one on yours. Clearly different parts but both are supposed to be the same part number and identical to the factory part. Mine is a 2019 JLUR.

IMG_5798.jpeg

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
look at the difference beween the one on mine and the one on yours. Clearly different parts but both are supposed to be the same part number and identical to the factory part. Mine is a 2019 JLUR.

IMG_5798.jpeg
2019 and already rusted like that?

OP
OP

Andrew

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Lol... yup. Build date 3/19. I haven’t fluid filmed yet. My first JLUR was a 2018 that I purchased in Jan of 2018 but FCA, Stericycle, and my lawyer just completed the lemon law/ buy back 4/29/2019.

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon

IMG_5725.jpeg
What is the factory part number for the left side isolator? Sorry if I missed it; just trying to hash out my current issue.

OP
OP

Andrew

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
What is the factory part number for the left side isolator? Sorry if I missed it; just trying to hash out my current issue.
Sorry, the dealership claims to have thrown away the factory left one so I never saw it.

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Red JLUR, White JLUR, Yellow JL (3 so far), Bikini Diesel JLU, Billet JT, Hydro Blue JT
Sorry, the dealership claims to have thrown away the factory left one so I never saw it.
In most states, that is illegal. You own the jeep and thus you own the parts that came off. If you ever planned to return to stock, you'd need them so they should be obligated to provide you a replacement.

MyJlU

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKU Sport
Occupation
Sr Product Line Researcher
Vehicle Showcase
In most states, that is illegal. You own the jeep and thus you own the parts that came off. If you ever planned to return to stock, you'd need them so they should be obligated to provide you a replacement.
Since I see you hopped in here, Can we use the RK isolator pads with Mopar or Factory Springs?

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Red JLUR, White JLUR, Yellow JL (3 so far), Bikini Diesel JLU, Billet JT, Hydro Blue JT
Since I see you hopped in here, Can we use the RK isolator pads with Mopar or Factory Springs?
We have hundreds of Mopar customers with our pads on their JL's to correct spring bow.
For Factory coils, consider Daystar spring pads
Sponsored