Sponsored

Are there new front lower spring isolators for Mopar Lift?

19 JLUR Bright Whit3

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Stretched 2 door Rubi (LOL)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase
I couldn't find the instructional manual or markings on the perches. Here are two pics I took. The one with the blue label is the passenger side and the other is the driver's. They are black and notice the slight bend?

passside.jpg

drivrside.jpg
Sponsored

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
I couldn't find the instructional manual or markings on the perches. Here are two pics I took. The one with the blue label is the passenger side and the other is the driver's. They are black and notice the slight bend?

passside.jpg

drivrside.jpg
They look much better than what I have seen of other members. Not much bow at all.

How is your steering/caster numbers? Did you add geometry brackets or adjustable arms?

I ordered the kit last night. Scored a great deal. I also have an adjustable front track bar here.

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
The springs are designed to bow per Mopar. There is a reason for this

springs_zpsmvvbsw2p.jpg

19 JLUR Bright Whit3

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Stretched 2 door Rubi (LOL)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase
They look much better than what I have seen of other members. Not much bow at all.

How is your steering/caster numbers? Did you add geometry brackets or adjustable arms?

I ordered the kit last night. Scored a great deal. I also have an adjustable front track bar here.
I didn't do anything but straighten the steering wheel. The Mopar 2 in lift is more like a 2.5 in to 3 inches initially and should settle after a while. The lift is not high enough to throw off specs. These JLs are amazing. I had to add a 6 in lift with new control arms, track bars, transfer case drop brackets, new driveshafts, new transfer case cv joints to run 33s on my 97 TJ. I have a set Teraflex front and rear track bar relocation brackets waiting to put on, but initial measurements of the axles are less than half inch from center. I'll wait a month and measure again. The one honest guy at the alignment shop said, there isn't anything to align since I dont have adjustable track bars or adjustable control arms. LOL

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
I didn't do anything but straighten the steering wheel. The Mopar 2 in lift is more like a 2.5 in to 3 inches initially and should settle after a while. The lift is not high enough to throw off specs. These JLs are amazing. I had to add a 6 in lift with new control arms, track bars, transfer case drop brackets, new driveshafts, new transfer case cv joints to run 33s on my 97 TJ. I have a set Teraflex front and rear track bar relocation brackets waiting to put on, but initial measurements of the axles are less than half inch from center. I'll wait a month and measure again. The one honest guy at the alignment shop said, there isn't anything to align since I dont have adjustable track bars or adjustable control arms. LOL
Jeeps and tire size sure have come a long way. CJ-TJ was basically building a new vehicle to run 35s. I built 4 JKs and it was much easier than previous models but still took a six inch lift and a ton of upgrades to run 40s. On my current JLUR I'm running 40s with a 3.5 inch lift.

For this build I want to keep suspension as stock as possible for a comfortable ride. I see some say the kit rides well without brackets or adjustable arms and others say they needed them. Seems hit or miss. I'll probably order them as a precaution.

Last edited:

Sponsored

303rider

First Name
Soleil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
The springs are designed to bow per Mopar. There is a reason for this

springs_zpsmvvbsw2p.jpg
I am calling complete bullshit on this.
Pictures of my lift below. I will be going to the dealer Monday.

8E6E63CB-88DF-4569-8B92-B1707CDFE58C.jpeg

7183119E-8051-4E6C-BF9E-D05195BCCD80.jpeg

0EDA89CE-72C7-49F1-B463-5DA4174419CD.jpeg

jmcdtucson

First Name
Jerel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Those look like they're installed incorrectly. I've seen pictures with slight bow, but that's crazy.

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link

I assume those are not stock springs (based on the tag that is still on them), they issue with likely the springs you have installed. B.S. or not it is Mopar Spec for them to be slightly bowed. That diagram was sent to me by Rancho who's parent company makes wrangler suspension for Mopar. I too questioned the bow until they explained why as well sent me the official diagram that shows the bowing.

Man-of-methods

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR (His) 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS (Hers)
Vehicle Showcase

To each his own, but I'd never have my Jeep looking like this on the road. I call bullshit too. No way it should look like that... Slight bow my ass.

We've sent men to the moon, have drones fly unmanned doing all the dirty work, built skyscrapers, built ships that weigh tons to stay afloat and you're telling me they can't take the bow out of a little lift kit???

Sponsored

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
To each his own, but I'd never have my Jeep looking like this on the road. I call bullshit too. No way it should look like that... Slight bow my ass.

We've sent men to the moon, have drones fly unmanned doing all the dirty work, built skyscrapers, built ships that weigh tons to stay afloat and you're telling me they can't take the bow out of a little lift kit???

Springs naturally Bow when compressed and it is important that there is a pre-determined bow direction, hence the natural outward bow, if your springs were straight then when compressed you would not want them to bow inward that would create clearance issues which is precisely why they bow out by default. Now how much bow seems to be the real question.

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
Springs naturally Bow when compressed and it is important that there is a pre-determined bow direction, hence the natural outward bow, if your springs were straight then when compressed you would not want them to bow inward that would create clearance issues which is precisely why they bow out by default. Now how much bow seems to be the real question.
That's way too much bow, even when just looking at other members lift kit photos.

Man-of-methods

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR (His) 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS (Hers)
Vehicle Showcase
That's way too much bow, even when just looking at other members lift kit photos.
I agree.

Mine are straight. Came like that from the factory.

303rider

First Name
Soleil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
From what it looks like, the top hat / spring is installed incorrectly. Just my guess based on when I had them installed myself .
What are you basing this statement on?
Did you install one and you think the 4x4 shop did not install correctly?
Is there something in the photo you are seeing that two dealers have not spotted as being installed in properly?

Please elaborate because if it is simply correcting a bad install that will cost way less than the options I am looking into.

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
What are you basing this statement on?
Did you install one and you think the 4x4 shop did not install correctly?
Is there something in the photo you are seeing that two dealers have not spotted as being installed in properly?

Please elaborate because if it is simply correcting a bad install that will cost way less than the options I am looking into.
The way mine were installed, they didn't bow that much at all. There's bow, but from previous threads the common answer to the springs bowing that much lead to be a top hat / pas / whatever it's called was installed incorrectly.
Sponsored