Sponsored

Are There Any Serious Differences Between The Islander And The Sport S?

OP
OP

Themallcrawler

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2-Door JL
I was apprehensive about the Islander first because of the all-white. However, the uniqueness sold me and it grew on me.
Tell me more! What uniqueness? You mean the decals?

What all white are you talking about?

iwillwillu

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
The decals are cool and so is the stitching plus there arent many Islanders around where I live. The white top matches the rest of the vehicle (if it's white) which makes it look more premium IMO. The thing is though if you don't like the white top I'm sure you can find someone to buy/trade you a top in another color. I was interested in the 4xe originally so the blue stitching in the seats didn't bother me at all. The only other cosmetic difference is the white dash which at this point I don't even notice. I've seen some people color parts of their dashes different colors so if it doesn't appeal to you, it's one more thing you can mod. All in all, I definitely recommend especially if you like driving around in a trim that you might not see often.

OP
OP

Themallcrawler

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2-Door JL
The decals are cool and so is the stitching plus there arent many Islanders around where I live. The white top matches the rest of the vehicle (if it's white) which makes it look more premium IMO. The thing is though if you don't like the white top I'm sure you can find someone to buy/trade you a top in another color. I was interested in the 4xe originally so the blue stitching in the seats didn't bother me at all. The only other cosmetic difference is the white dash which at this point I don't even notice. I've seen some people color parts of their dashes different colors so if it doesn't appeal to you, it's one more thing you can mod. All in all, I definitely recommend especially if you like driving around in a trim that you might not see often.
So the hard top is stock on the Islander?

I plan on going naked and then eventually adding a MyTop once they add them for 2-door JLs in a few months: https://mytop.us/

How easy is it to sell off both your hard and soft top if the dealer forces you to take both?

Sponsored

Oldbear

First Name
Dwayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel; 20 JL Sport S 2 door

I plan on going naked and then eventually adding a MyTop once they add them for 2-door JLs in a few months: https://mytop.us/

How easy is it to sell off both your hard and soft top if the dealer forces you to take both?
Do they even offer the dual top option anymore on the 2dr? I thought that was now 4dr only…

Rrr8400

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
I'm trying to understand what the differences are between the islander and the sport s. I can't seem to find any serious ones.

All dealers within 200 miles of me have no 2-door wranglers for the forseeable future, with the exception of a few islanders.

I feel like an idiot for saying this, but I am thinking about passing on the islander just because I hate those decals so much.

Is that dumb? What are the real differences between the islander and a sport s?
Agreed if it’s only the decals you don’t like they are easy to remove. I took my Rubicon decals off the hood with a hair dryer, goo gone and some microfiber towels. Took less than an hour.

OP
OP

Themallcrawler

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2-Door JL
I like the islander, except for the black fenders. To me this edition Jeep is screaming for color matched fenders. I feel it’s even more true when they have a white top.
Interesting. Can you change fender color at the dealer or do you have to go aftermarket?

jimim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2017 Tahoe LTZ
If I lived in Hawaii I would be all over the islander edition. I think it’s perfect for that cool island life. But I live in nepa coal country. Kinda doesn’t fit in. Lol

Sponsored

iwillwillu

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None

not sure if it’s stock or not. I just know if it comes with a hard top it’ll be white, which IMO only looks good with an all white wrangler. I’d imagine it wouldn’t be too hard. If I had the storage space I’d be in the market for a soft top.

Timmyjoe

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport-S "Islander" (2-Door)
If I lived in Hawaii I would be all over the islander edition. I think it’s perfect for that cool island life. But I live in nepa coal country. Kinda doesn’t fit in. Lol
That's the reason I like the Islander. Because of work and family, I live in the Midwest, but my wife and I head to the Florida Keys every chance we get, and will definitely retire by the ocean somewhere (Florida, Hawaii, etc.) So the Islander reminds me of where we want to be.

Best,
-Tim

jimim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2017 Tahoe LTZ
That's the reason I like the Islander. Because of work and family, I live in the Midwest, but my wife and I head to the Florida Keys every chance we get, and will definitely retire by the ocean somewhere (Florida, Hawaii, etc.) So the Islander reminds me of where we want to be.

Best,
-Tim
I totally hear ya!