Sponsored

Are There Any Serious Differences Between The Islander And The Sport S?

Themallcrawler

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2-Door JL
I'm trying to understand what the differences are between the islander and the sport s. I can't seem to find any serious ones.

All dealers within 200 miles of me have no 2-door wranglers for the forseeable future, with the exception of a few islanders.

I feel like an idiot for saying this, but I am thinking about passing on the islander just because I hate those decals so much.

Is that dumb? What are the real differences between the islander and a sport s?
Sponsored

Sponsored

asuperheat

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKU, 21 JLUR 392
I have used 3m decal removers that go in a drill (rubber wheel) to remove old graphics but new ones probably just peal off with a little effort.

csjlu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
I'm trying to understand what the differences are between the islander and the sport s. I can't seem to find any serious ones.

All dealers within 200 miles of me have no 2-door wranglers for the forseeable future, with the exception of a few islanders.

I feel like an idiot for saying this, but I am thinking about passing on the islander just because I hate those decals so much.

Is that dumb? What are the real differences between the islander and a sport s?
Unique wheels (I like them) and "surf-inspired" upholstery (ehhh, I'd always be tempted to snip the Tiki Bob tags). Since you are from Miami, you may get some benefit from the white hardtop, probably less so from the rock rails.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Themallcrawler

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2-Door JL
Unique wheels (I like them) and "surf-inspired" upholstery (ehhh, I'd always be tempted to snip the Tiki Bob tags). Since you are from Miami, you may get some benefit from the white hardtop, probably less so from the rock rails.
By "surf-inspired" upholstery, are you just talking about the embroidered "islander" logo on the seats?

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Yea, the outside decals are pretty gross. I wouldn't mind the interior stuff, though.

garyji

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JK Sahara, 2021 JLU Willys
I checked a couple of dealers yesterday and there are at least three 2 door Islanders up here.

G.

csjlu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
By "surf-inspired" upholstery, are you just talking about the embroidered "islander" logo on the seats?
Yes, and the blue stitching on the seats/steering wheel/shifters, the Tiki Bob tags on the seats, "ceramic white" dash and the cross hatch pattern on the seat fabric. Lots of people love it. Its not really my bag. But I could see it playing well in a more tropical climate, including Miami.
Jeep Wrangler JL Are There Any Serious Differences Between The Islander And The Sport S? 1623287872081

Jeep Wrangler JL Are There Any Serious Differences Between The Islander And The Sport S? 1623287961168
Sponsored