Sponsored

Are there any options/specs that you regret getting OR not getting?

Dryver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4xe "Bridgette"
Ordered a 4xe Rubicon which has some of that stuff already part of it (such as LED lights, 8.4 screen, full time 4wd).

I added the Dual Top Group. My last two Jeeps had hard tops and I bought soft tops off of Craigslist. Figured I'd just get it from the factory this time. If this were for my wife, it would have probably had the retractable Sky top. That's definitely nice for convenience, but I prefer to go completely topless (and doorless when I can).

I added the tow package/aux switches. I work at a wire harness shop and could make my own harness and connect off-road lights, but having the switches already there is nice.

I skipped both the Basic and Advanced Safety Group. I've experienced Adaptive Cruise and it's nice, but not for me. I prefer to pay very good attention to what's going on around me from all sides. I didn't even know about the black box, and seeing it now makes me even happier I skipped it.

I did add the front camera. Just seemed like it will be handy at times, as others have noted, for checking walls/cars when parking and maybe inching up to a cliff and looking over it. LOL

Definitely went proximity sensors. Have not had it on my other vehicles, but my wife's 2012 Prius has it, and it is nice.

And living in Ohio, the Cold Weather Group was a must. Had it in both my JK's and in my Ram. I'm spoiled now.

If the LED lights were not already included, they would have been a must have.
Sponsored

maddscot

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon Wrangler Unlimited
  • Front trail cam - not available for 2019
  • Aux and Tow group - added Aux switches myself after purchase. This does not give you the optional alternator nor tow hitch & trailer connection
  • Steel bumpers - this is one I go back and forth on. The steel bumpers look good, are good but I prefer the aftermarket bumpers for add on ease such as winches, larger tires and of course not having the infamous rear bumper bash denting that may occur with the stock steel bumper.
  • Leather seats - not missing these too much, but like the smell and feel
  • Other options I did not want as I plan on doing off road camping, trail riding etc and did not want more to "break" and strand me (I have had odd options shut me down on other vehicles)

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I canā€™t imagine anyone with the Halogen lights doesnā€™t want to upgrade them to LED...
I've the halogens on my Sport. While there is some room for improvement, they're hardly the votive candles that some hyperbolic posts are wont to suggest.

The halogen headlights do provide a distinct advantage for those of us living in the snow belt: the heat from incandescent bulbs will prevent snow from accumulating in any measurable degree. Owners with LED headlights may have to get used to pulling over to clean it off...

Jeep Wrangler JL Are there any options/specs that you regret getting OR not getting? 6

Dryver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4xe "Bridgette"
The halogen headlights do provide a distinct advantage for those of us living in the snow belt: the heat from incandescent bulbs will prevent snow from accumulating in any measurable degree. Owners with LED headlights may have to get used to pulling over to clean it off...
I added aftermarket LED's to my 2013 JK. They did get some snow build-up in the winter, but never to the point that I had issues with poor lighting. They were a huge improvement over the original lights.

WilhelmSR

First Name
Wilhelm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HellaYella JLUR
Don't waste money on the steel bumpers, get aftermarket for way less.

Sponsored

niJL

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
I would 100% order the 8.4" Radio, Cold Weather Group, AUX/Towing, and LED Light package again.

I wouldn't order the painted top(Which I traded someone for a black hardtop) or the painted fenders. They just get beat up on the trail and I have just resigned myself to knowing that my fenders are going to be tore up and I don't really care anymore.

I got my car off the dealer lot, since those were the only two options that it had that I didn't want and it had everything I did want(Basically a loaded Rubicon w/ cloth seats).

If I were to buy today I would buy a 4xe Rubicon with all the options I listed above and possibly the Dual Door Group. If you don't go with the 4xe I would get a 2.0 Rubicn since they no longer make you get the e-Torque system with that motor. The 2.0 is a great motor on the trail and the highway, but that battery pack down there is an unnecessary item when it doesn't really seem to do much for gas mileage and I never use the stop-start function(Thanks to the TazerJL).

LarryB

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport 2 dr
I've the halogens on my Sport. While there is some room for improvement, they're hardly the votive candles that some hyperbolic posts are wont to suggest.

Jeep Wrangler JL Are there any options/specs that you regret getting OR not getting? 6
Snows a lot here in Alberta and I have no issues with my Oracles.

Xsspd

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport S
I suppose I should also mention that I "could" list the adaptive cruise control as a regret. I initially bought it because it's a fantastic feature for long drives, like when going on wheeling trips far away. I still use it right now because I'm daily driving the Jeep on my 50 mile daily commute, but I'm only driving the Jeep until the new truck gets in. After that, the Jeep will go back to being trailered to the trail like it has been for the last year. The wife, who normally drives the Jeep, doesn't really use the adaptive cruise, so once the truck gets in, the adaptive cruise probably won't ever get used again.

if this will be your primary vehicle and you aren't afraid of adaptive cruise, i'd suggest getting it. It's wonderful to have on long boring drives.
Just got my Jeep and it's my favorite feature so far.

AgentWolf

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Get the 8.4 in from factory. Itā€™ll save the pain down the road when you realize the others suck.

OP
OP
ToothMechanic

ToothMechanic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Billet JLUR
Ok you guys have convinced me on the proximity keys, I will be adding that.

advanced safety/Adaptive cruise is still split. I'm going back to dealer tomorrow. Planning to look at one with it. If the box on the window isn't annoying I will go for it.

Still not convinced of the trail camera, at all.

Sponsored

Mtpockets

First Name
MT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4-Door
-I wish Jeep offered a KEYPAD on my driverā€™s door just like my F350.
Very nice alternative to proximity entry.
I really dislike digging for that big key fob.

-tow package is a must. (Bigger alternator, bigger battery,etc.)

Lightsped

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys, 2017 Tacoma Off Road, Honda S2000.
Occupation
Technology Research
What about those of us who purposefully order our Jeeps with basically as few electronic gadgets and gizmos as possible? We must really be really strange folk and/or in the minority around here....

Karnak

First Name
Yan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL 3.6 Sport S - 2 door
Occupation
government
Vehicle Showcase
Hi guys,

Ordering a JLUR next week.

I have slaved over all the different options. I think I've finally got it ironed out.

But, change my mind...

Tell me what you wish you would have gotten or wish you didn't get.
Rubicon....cause now I have to find a way to save money for a low crawl T-case ratio...Steel bumper for winch etc..etc. and lockers...but not considering modelwise, then see below.

Otherwise, I have everything I want and it came more for me to something I did NOT want. I did NOT want the bumper sensor group, lane change,. etc. which is something I really did not want based on experience that its more annoying than anything and in winter with frozen ice on sensors etc is irrelevant for me to have and trips the sensors for nothing or you get an error message etc (previous experience on my ram 3500 which I beleive is the same system).

but otherwise mine is fully loaded, except the 8" uconnect (I have the 7") but 7 is fine and dandy for me and I don't have leather which doesn't bother me too much, those were more like "nice to have" than "need". I needed winter group for sure,, electric group, alpine radio, uconnect 7", limited slip.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
What about those of us who purposefully order our Jeeps with basically as few electronic gadgets and gizmos as possible? We must really be really strange folk and/or in the minority around here....
Nothing but love.

TCogs1

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cj6
-I wish Jeep offered a KEYPAD on my driverā€™s door just like my F350.
Very nice alternative to proximity entry.
I really dislike digging for that big key fob.

-tow package is a must. (Bigger alternator, bigger battery,etc.)
i leave my fob in the Jeep, I figure if somebody steals it I can get a hemi Jeep šŸ˜€

itā€™s a super nice feature.
Sponsored