Sponsored

Are there any aftermarket 2 door hardtops?

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
The 2 door hard tops rarely appear in the classifieds... 4 door are a dime a dozen.

Sponsored

opiop

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport 6 speed Bikini Pearl
Occupation
Software Developer
Used ones can't be that expensive I imagine.
I've only seen a couple in the last few months and they're still ~$2k. Used prices are crazy.

I'm also really interested in any 2 door hard top aftermarket options. I guess if I have to I'll spend the crazy money on a new Mopar hard top but I hope someone comes out with a cheaper alternative soon. Looks like Rally Tops has a 2 door hard top but it's priced around the OEM top :(

Rufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL Sport 3.6 V6
I've only seen a couple in the last few months and they're still ~$2k. Used prices are crazy.

I'm also really interested in any 2 door hard top aftermarket options. I guess if I have to I'll spend the crazy money on a new Mopar hard top but I hope someone comes out with a cheaper alternative soon. Looks like Rally Tops has a 2 door hard top but it's priced around the OEM top :(
We 2 door guys are aftermarket afterthoughts. I get it since there are so many more 4 doors sold.

I havenā€™t found much. I really want a fastback hardtop (I have only a soft top currently). Iā€™ve reached out to Patriot and DV8. Universal reply: ā€œItā€™s coming eventually.ā€

I even want to trade my soft top and get a Trektop Ultra (because the regular Trektop doesnā€™t fold all the way down) and itā€™s the same line: ā€œItā€™s coming eventuallyā€

Iā€˜d even settle for a regular Mopar hard top used but theyā€™re very hard to find. Iā€™m kicking myself for not buying one near me last year for $1500. They come up from time to time around that price but all over the country.

rubileon

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR RHD 3.6
The 2 door hard tops rarely appear in the classifieds... 4 door are a dime a dozen.
Plan B: Get a cheap 2 door soft top and infuse it with resin. Replace windows with Lexan.

Plan C: Have a boat shop make one out of fiberglass. There have to be someone out there wanting that business?

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
I'll be honest, my YJ came with a hard top and once I got the soft top the hard one collected dust.

opiop

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport 6 speed Bikini Pearl
Occupation
Software Developer
All of my Jeeps (YJ, TJ, JL) have had soft tops and I love them, never have an issue with them in winter and they're super convenient in the summer. I just wish there was an aftermarket hard top option for the 2 door already, it would make loading stuff into the back quicker/easier in the winter months. I'm constantly loading a lot of stuff into the back of my Jeep so it would be nice to not have to deal with opening the rear window in the cold!

I've heard DV8 is working on their 2 door fastback top like you said footose so hopefully it's just a matter of time. We are a much smaller market than the 4 door Jeeps so I understand why it's taking them so long but it doesn't make me any less impatient!

Sponsored

Rufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL Sport 3.6 V6
Plan B: Get a cheap 2 door soft top and infuse it with resin. Replace windows with Lexan.

Plan C: Have a boat shop make one out of fiberglass. There have to be someone out there wanting that business?
I actually looked in to that (the boat shop part). The problem is the design and the mold master.

Also these days 3D printing may be an cost effective option.

OP
OP
footose

footose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport

They'd probably need am original one to make a copy no ?

rubileon

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR RHD 3.6
I can't find one anywhere. .
They'd probably need am original one to make a copy no ?
Two options:
1. Put the money down now, take measurements, sell the original later.
2. Find someone who has one (like through this forum) and take the measurements.

You might even be able to make more and make money too.
Sponsored