Sponsored

Are the painted fenders plastic or metal?

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
was an ‘18 Rubicon Mojito! now a boring Mazda
Are the painted fenders the same plastic material like the plastic fenders ( smooth i know not textured) or are they metal like the jeep body?
Sponsored

OP
OP

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't know about harder, but I think the painted are a plastic that takes/ holds paint better.
The hardest decision i had to make was the painted vs black fenders. First world problems. lol.
But I still flip flop even though I ordered the painted. Well at least I can paint them with black bedliner if I change my mind.

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
The hardest decision i had to make was the painted vs black fenders. First world problems. lol.
But I still flip flop even though I ordered the painted. Well at least I can paint them with black bedliner if I change my mind.
Today in the sting gray club, someone posted one with painted top with black fenders. I never even thought about that combo. I liked black top, but could go either way on fenders. I went black/black and love it, but that one has a really unique look you seldom see.

cdrober

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR Ordered
Today in the sting gray club, someone posted one with painted top with black fenders. I never even thought about that combo. I liked black top, but could go either way on fenders. I went black/black and love it, but that one has a really unique look you seldom see.
I know this may be a little off topic and that the OP's question has been answered, but I wanted to comment on this. I've had a '14 White JKU Sahara (Painted fenders and top) for the past 4 1/2 years (Still waiting on my JL), and the fenders have been the hardest thing to keep clean, have the most damage (trail and road debris) and show road dirt/grime the worst (and this is with having running boards / side steps installed). Due to this I will be going with black ones this time (Punk'n JKUR) and, as I wanted the power top, which is only offered body colored, we will have the Punk'n colored power top. I also think the 2-tone looks great and will be doing the black satin grill and swapping out for some all black wheels and, maybe later, black out my Jeep badging. Ultimately though it is personal and I think for the JL all combos look good and it would be so boring if we all liked the same combo.

Enjoy your JL!
Sponsored