Sponsored

Are the Gladiator guys supposed to wave? (cause they don't at me)

Poordad

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Acura TSX, 2015 Chrysler 300s, 2023 JLUR
I may have been a little snobby. I would never initiate a wave to stock Jeeps because more often than not, they would not wave back, probably due to ignorance of the tradition, but if they did wave, I would always return it. Built Jeeps, I would initiate a wave as often as receiving a wave. The built Jeep people usually were more aware of the tradition.

TJtoJLU Krawler

First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLUR
HA, HA!! Vancouver "WASHINGTON", we all get things wrong once in a while.:blush:
Except your location says, Alberta. Now, I know I'm an American and the rest of the world thinks we don't know geography, but when I checked Google it told me that Alberta is a province in Canada. Again joking. Alberta is bordered by British Columbia which is just north of the state of Washington. BTW I've been to Vancouver Washington, Alberta is also bordered by Saskatchewan, which one of my favorite bands is from, The Dead South. I have no hate for our Canadian brothers up north whether you're from Vancouver, Washington or Vancouver, BC.

Sponsored

SkulmunkiesGobiGal

First Name
Natasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator, 22 Wrangler Unlimited, 1990 Comanche
When we're out in the JT we try to wave, but sometimes one slips by. We don't get a wave more than we don't give one. Everyone/everywhere is different.

Cajun21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 Ram 1500
Wow I guess that I have actually noticed they don't, I've literally had maybe one or two and the one was a blond with the red spectacles. Hmmm Well I guess the majority are upset that they really don't have a real truck and that Gladiator just isn't a Wrangler. Keep the Jeep wave going.

BUSHRVN

First Name
MONTE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRANGLER JLU SAHARA HIGH ALTITUDE 3.0
Except your location says, Alberta. Now, I know I'm an American and the rest of the world thinks we don't know geography, but when I checked Google it told me that Alberta is a province in Canada. Again joking. Alberta is bordered by British Columbia which is just north of the state of Washington. BTW I've been to Vancouver Washington, Alberta is also bordered by Saskatchewan, which one of my favorite bands is from, The Dead South. I have no hate for our Canadian brothers up north whether you're from Vancouver, Washington or Vancouver, BC.
Now I’m just poking fun at this, nothing serious. But my point was that you referred to the poster (jokingly) as being a Canadian from Vancouver when he is in fact an American from Vancouver Washington, that’s all I was pointing out. Now I’ll sign the waiver form LOL!

Sponsored

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Women never wave. Men do, most of the time., Wrangler or JT.
Not in my experience. Some guys wave, some don't, but a plain majority of women do initiate waves, or at least return my wave. A plain majority of that plain majority are driving JKs, too; not sure if that means anything.

jjvincent

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler, 2017 VW Alltrack, 2003 VW Eurovan
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
If you really want attention, just put "Jeep Girl" all over your Jeep and every other Jeep will wave at you, plus flash the lights and let you take a left turn at a 4 way intersection even though they don't have too. Then in some cases, when you are test driving one of the said Jeep Gurl Jeeps, someone will follow back to the shop and then drive away when they find out you are just a guy driving a customers Jeep. Yes, that has happened to me.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Women never wave. Men do, most of the time., Wrangler or JT.
Interesting. Women always wave back at me, more than men do. And often with a huge smile. Now I wonder if they know what a jeep wave is lol. 😂

levi.butler

First Name
Levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR & 2021 JLUR
Wow I guess that I have actually noticed they don't, I've literally had maybe one or two and the one was a blond with the red spectacles. Hmmm Well I guess the majority are upset that they really don't have a real truck and that Gladiator just isn't a Wrangler. Keep the Jeep wave going.
You are exactly the type I would expect this from. Made in China bullshit and cheesy stickers all over your Wrangler with 4 doors, coil springs and a 4 cylinder mated to an automatic transmission.

CJs weren't real Jeeps because they didn't have flat fenders.
YJs weren't real Jeeps because they had square headlights.
TJs weren't real Jeeps because they has coil springs.
JKUs weren't real Jeeps because they had 4 doors.
Jeeps with automatic transmissions weren't real Jeeps because Jeep drivers drive manual transmissions.

The reason new people don't wave anymore is because too many people think they're special and 'Real Jeepers' and think they're too good to initiate a wave.

Be decent. Wave at people. Help build up the culture in your area. Pull over and help a fellow Jeeper. You'd be shocked at how much it would change. It will certainly change your shitty attitude on whether people wave or not.
Sponsored