Sponsored

Are the 21’ + Wranglers pretty trouble free now?

Bandit59

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
My 22 4xe has been trouble-free like most.

The poster above had issues unrelated to hybrid system, yet takes every chance to bash the 4xe.
Hard to argue with the complaints. There are people that zero problems with 4xe. But they tend to have more problems then the ice models

PatriotX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4xe
Your issue that precipitated a buyback was with the EVAP system, found on every gas powered Jeep.

You then purchased a Jeep with an identical system, and now bash the hybrid system every chance you get.

Makes zero sense. What color was your hybrid? Maybe it was the paint.

TorturedMargot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL, 2013 Dodge Charger R/T
Clubs

My 21 JLUR has 23,000 miles and so far it has been great. It’s my daily driver and it also gets heavy trail use several times a year in the north east. Lots of rocks, mud, and water crossings and it hasn’t skipped a beat. Steering still tracks straight, and no issues on the highway. I still marvel every time I come off the trail that it drives me home without incident.

My 2 cents for what it’s worth is that most Jeeps are actually fairly reliable. A lot of problems show up on the forums because this is the place for them. More often than not, it’s the dealer experience that turns off most people, not the jeep.
This is very well said, agreed on all accounts. I have a '21 JL with 31,000 miles and I am driving it down from Northern Washington to Santa Cruz & Big Sur California later this week! I know the Jeep will do well, it's been great when I've taken it to Montana or Oregon.

I also marvel at being able to beat on it on big rocks and drive home trouble-free, did that last weekend.

Dealers suck, Jeeps do not.

Wheelin Matt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Xtreme Recon
I bought a 2021 JLUR Ecodiesel and at 7000 miles electrical breakdown. Sat at shop for a few weeks and then replaced ECM and I was off again. Then at 12,000 miles it started all over again so I traded it for a later year 2021 JLUR Xtreme Recon and have been driving it for 31,000 miles now and it’s been much better than the previous Jeep.
I think it comes down to luck of the draw….. sometimes you get a dud ??‍♂

Sponsored

TheRaven

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th
Occupation
Electrical, Mechanical, and Aerospace Engineering.
It certainly depends on what "suck" means to you, but FCA's terrible dealers wouldn't be much of an issue if their vehicles weren't so problematic. If not for defects that require proprietary diagnostic tools that only dealers have, we could just use independent shops for the routine maintenance we'd otherwise be worried about.

orange01z28

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Clubs

This is very well said, agreed on all accounts. I have a '21 JL with 31,000 miles and I am driving it down from Northern Washington to Santa Cruz & Big Sur California later this week! I know the Jeep will do well, it's been great when I've taken it to Montana or Oregon.

I also marvel at being able to beat on it on big rocks and drive home trouble-free, did that last weekend.

This is the true beauty of a modern Jeep. I have a JT so it kinda counts, but I had a weekend where I was able to drive it to Vegas to my friend's house with a Peloton and Funco tires, unload, go hit a hard trail, and then drive it back to his place at 80mph like an Accord

Pretty much anywhere, drive to a trail, air down, do the trail, air up, drive home..

I have a 2020 that's been a DD and now has 82k miles on it. The only issue i've had that was not self-caused was the 3.6 oil cooler issue.

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
OP is asking a legit question. In some respects some of the earlier problems involving the steering have been mostly resolved. At the same time other problems seem to continue, especially involving electrical issues and paint bubbling. Each of us have our own experiences but I can tell you the availability of a good dealer will be critical to your happiness when a problem comes up. I’ve had a number of issues, but was fortunate my dealer resolved them quickly. While some on this board have had few or no problems, I would expect otherwise. While anecdotal, at 37,000 miles on my 2.0, the only issue I currently have is an occasional check engine light. Crossing my fingers I don’t get the bubbling paint issue…which would immediately cause me to get rid of my JL. That issue remains unresolved…at least through 2023.

J.Ferreira

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tmgps.org
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLWS 6MT
Hey all,

I left the Jeep family after having a few issues(Trac Welds, Streering wondering, Instrucment Cluster replacement, Aux batter ussies) with my 18’ that I just didn’t feel comfortable keeping it. I traded it in after 2 years before the warranty expired. We do a lot of RV travel so I got a new 21’ F250 and my wife has a 18’ Toyota 4runner 2wd we are thinking of trading in for a used Jeep Wrangler. I’d prefer to stick with a 21’ or newer model year.

My main question is, are most of the early issues pretty much fixed? Are frame welds still an issue? What about electrical issues? I think I will stick with the 3.6 as mine was really nice paired with the Auto. I just don’t want to give up the great Toyota 4runner reliable and have the misses pissed off getting a vehicle with a lot of issues LOL.
hit and miss
Like any brand. It's kinda the point of a warranty. In case there are problems you can get them fixed for free. It's why every manufacturer has warranties. Just in case one with issues gets through the final testing. Regardless of the level of QC, no company is perfect.
My '23 Willys Sport (aside from one single sensor I've ignored for 20k miles) has been pretty fucking stellar for...20k miles in 9 months.
I think generally they're on the upswing, but we have to keep in mind that this is a forum. This is literally the primary place on the internet that JL owners and enthusiasts and trouble ridden folks and going to come looking for answers or asking questions about their problems.

Do we get the praise posts? Sure, of course. But those are from folks that are typically active on the forum already.
The random passersby that make a post aren't stopping by the forum for a simple how d' you do and my Jeep is awesome. Those folks aren't on the forum.

J.Ferreira

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tmgps.org
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLWS 6MT
hit and miss
Like any brand. It's kinda the point of a warranty. In case there are problems you can get them fixed for free. It's why every manufacturer has warranties. Just in case one with issues gets through the final testing. Regardless of the level of QC, no company is perfect.
My '23 Willys Sport (aside from one single sensor I've ignored for 20k miles) has been pretty fucking stellar for...20k miles in 9 months.
I think generally they're on the upswing, but we have to keep in mind that this is a forum. This is literally the primary place on the internet that JL owners and enthusiasts and trouble ridden folks and going to come looking for answers or asking questions about their problems.

Do we get the praise posts? Sure, of course. But those are from folks that are typically active on the forum already.
The random passersby that make a post aren't stopping by the forum for a simple how d' you do and my Jeep is awesome. Those folks aren't on the forum.
Man I really killed this entire thread ?

Sponsored

azjl#3

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sarge Green JLR
Yeah I second that - if you are coming from something like a Toyota, Honda, or GM product you are not going to be happy. It's amazing the difference between my 2021 Wrangler with 24k miles and my 2021 Silverado with 21k miles. The Wrangler feels like it's 10 years old already while the Silverado still feels brand new. I will say though, SO FAR, no real electrical or mechanical issues with the Wrangler...just little quirks like sometimes the HVAC panel takes extra long to power on and of course LOTS of rattles and squeaks.
I have a 2006 GMC 2500, 200k miles, still drives great. The tree I backed into tonight ripping the taillight out probably doesn't think so.

JINO

First Name
Jino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jlurd
I have a 21 JLURD, 46k miles. 3.5" lift and 37s. No issues as of yet. I have banks derringer and pedal monster as well. Autostop start somehow disabled itself, which I'm happy with.

john adams

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD, Bolt
Is this a post asking if 2 year old cars are reliable?

They better be!!

ronstar

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, 2021 2dr JL 80th Ann
My 21 with 26k miles has been trouble free except the radio/nav screen went out after 2 years and I got a new one under warranty.

Bhmkv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys
Hey all,

I left the Jeep family after having a few issues(Trac Welds, Streering wondering, Instrucment Cluster replacement, Aux batter ussies) with my 18’ that I just didn’t feel comfortable keeping it. I traded it in after 2 years before the warranty expired. We do a lot of RV travel so I got a new 21’ F250 and my wife has a 18’ Toyota 4runner 2wd we are thinking of trading in for a used Jeep Wrangler. I’d prefer to stick with a 21’ or newer model year.

My main question is, are most of the early issues pretty much fixed? Are frame welds still an issue? What about electrical issues? I think I will stick with the 3.6 as mine was really nice paired with the Auto. I just don’t want to give up the great Toyota 4runner reliable and have the misses pissed off getting a vehicle with a lot of issues LOL.
My 2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys has been a nightmare of break downs and issues. Pulling fuses to get the cars screens off. Coolant leaks.
Now is for likely PCM issue where my Jeep randomly loses power and won’t accelerate.
If I wouldn’t take a huge loss I’d trade it for a 4Runner TRD in a heartbeat. Don’t forget the body’s are still having corrosion issues. Jeep service is also a complete joke. Stick with the 4Runner or maybe wait for the Land Cruiser
Sponsored