Sponsored

Are New Builds on Hold?

Kimmi

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Cadillac ATS, 2021 Jeep Wrangler (maybe)
I have been patiently (or impatiently) awaiting my 1st Jeep build….. I have entered all my information into cryptostickers and am obsessed with the site….. I noticed a lot of builds & stickers had been updated on Monday and Tuesday…. Randomly, I also received a call from my salesman on Tuesday telling me that my build is now expected to take a lot longer than originally thought and Jeep is out of inventory for the dealerships and overwhelmed and mainly working on custom builds now since the dealers are out.. Then he asked IF they can find me one similar to the one I wanted, would I take it…. (I’m not spending $50K to just “settle” and not be in love). All of a sudden there are ZERO new builds or stickers being updated Wednesday or today on cryptostickers….. Do you all think that Jeep is just going to build a ton of non customs for the dealerships to up inventory and hope that people switch their minds? Or, maybe they know that the scheduled builds are sales, and they just want to boost sales by creating more inventory?
Sponsored

TallDude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR-XR
Unless someone has some insider details I don’t think we’ll ever really know the full extent or truth of the matter.

I would imagine the best play here for FCA is to balance builds, get some custom orders as well as some new inventory for the dealers. I don’t check super often but the inventory for the dealer where I ordered mine is usually just 1-2 wranglers, most likely sold orders. Not sure how the salespeople are surviving without any Wranglers to sell or many vehicles on the lot.

On another thread I had read that customer orders were taking priority versus dealer inventory, not sure how accurate that is.

Cowboy from hell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Dr Rubicon hydro pearl 6 speed
Well I have a vin for a 21 rubi and they better make good on it....I have a feeling my 21 will get cancelled and a new vin issued for a 22.....not even sure they can do that but....

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Dealers need inventory to stay in business. Jeep needs dealers to sell vehicles. Wrangler is Jeep and is the flagship that draws people to the dealer lots. Many who buy other models were curious about or wanted a Wrangler. Practicality, finances or a nagging spouse steered them away from the Wrangler and into something else.

Whaler27

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude Ecodiesel, 2005 Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Raptor, 2018 BMW R1200GSA, 2020 Honda Monkeybikes (2), 1972 Honda CT-70, 1980 Honda CT-70,
Occupation
Saving the world :-)
In our new COVID world, placing an order is no guarantee you’ll get a vehicle. We buy hundreds of Chargers and Ram Pickup trucks. FCA delivered on about 70% of the orders placed last fall and “cancelled“ the rest. Charger orders we placed in March have been cancelled over the last few weeks, and it sounds like they’re not going to deliver most of the trucks either. (Ford‘s delivery promises and estimates are MUCH better, but their vehicles have been MUCH less durable in service… We’re in the beggars-can’t-be-choosers category now, so we’ll be buying a bunch of Fords.)

A friend of mine ordered a new dump truck about three months ago — for $243,000. Yesterday he called to get an update on the estimated delivery date. When he got ahold of his salesman the guy said, “Oh, sorry. We’re not going to be able to build that.” Apparently, they weren’t even going to tell him the truck wasn’t coming. The excuse for not being able to build the truck was “they can’t get resin”. (whatever that means). At Tiffin, the RV manufacturer, production has been stalled due to inability to get the plastic clearance lights, generators, and various other small but required items.)
Sponsored