Sponsored

Are half doors on dealer lots yet?

FunWagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
So a half doors package shows up on “Build and Price” on Jeep website (with no pictures), but in a 250 mile radius no dealers have a Jeeps with them yet. Has anyone seen them yet? I still can’t believe they’ll make me buy full doors, I don’t want, to get the half doors and for $4,000.
Sponsored

Spaffy

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JL 2Dr Willys, '16 Ram 2500, '69 Dodge Polara
I ordered dual door group 10/28. My current Est. build date is mid January. Probably won't see them before February.....

I'm not sure how many you'll see sitting on dealer lots though. 🤔 Not a ton of JKs had them even.

OP
OP
FunWagon

FunWagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
I ordered dual door group 10/28. My current Est. build date is mid January. Probably won't see them before February.....

I'm not sure how many you'll see sitting on dealer lots though. 🤔 Not a ton of JKs had them even.
Are you also getting the dual tops?

I wonder when you choose between standard and premium soft tops, how it affects the half doors top half material? Do the upper halves only match the premium soft top or do they make upper halves for both options?

Spaffy

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are you also getting the dual tops?

I wonder when you choose between standard and premium soft tops, how it affects the half doors top half material? Do the upper halves only match the premium soft top or do they make upper halves for both options?
I'm not getting dual tops. I ordered a 2 door JL with the regular soft top.

There are premium and base door uppers. Base is for Black Diamond and premium for twill/hard tops.

I hear you cannot get dual tops with dual door group. Either group takes up the entire rear of the Jeep from the factory for shipping.

OP
OP
FunWagon

FunWagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
I'm not getting dual tops. I ordered a 2 door JL with the regular soft top.

There are premium and base door uppers. Base is for Black Diamond and premium for twill/hard tops.

I hear you cannot get dual tops with dual door group. Either group takes up the entire rear of the Jeep from the factory for shipping.
Good info. Thanks. Can’t wait to see pictures.

I’m trying to think when I would use full doors if I have to buy them. I thought if I had a hard top then in the winter I would use both.

It would be an inconvenience to make space in my garage to store a large hard top and four full doors.

It is also important for me to have a safari rack on top which is probably possible to use it with both tops but a big hassle.

The hard top and full doors just sound like such a hassle when all you want is a soft top and half doors, but maybe it would be nice in the winter. Not sure if worth it or not.

Sponsored

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
I still can’t believe they’ll make me buy full doors, I don’t want, to get the half doors and for $4,000.
Jeep’s been smart.

They knew this would be the common response which is why half doors were simply teased yet never offered until the fourth model year in.

Who wants half doors?
Everybody.

Who wants to pay $4k to have them from the factory?
Hmmm... not many.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I'm hoping that Bronco Competition will fuel factory options, such as half doors, forJLs and JTs. The new "customization " assembly plant hints at Jeep's seeing the enormous popularity and profit from this. 2021 might see a real benefit for us...patience !

Kreepin1

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 CJ7, 2006 TJ, 2012 JKR, 2021 JLR
Build Thread
Link

At least you have an estimated build date. I ordered mine 10/5/2020 which was like three days after the option appeared in the system and still don't have a build date. I got a call from the dealer today saying the manager has been making weekly calls checking on status and finally was told the hold up is the half doors. This contradicts what I was told on Jeep Chat on 12/21, they told me all the parts were on hand and they were just sequencing the build.

So, my guess is none have been delivered yet. Probably still waiting on the uppers from Bestop or something simple like that...

Spaffy

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Spaffy

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
At least you have an estimated build date. I ordered mine 10/5/2020 which was like three days after the option appeared in the system and still don't have a build date. I got a call from the dealer today saying the manager has been making weekly calls checking on status and finally was told the hold up is the half doors. This contradicts what I was told on Jeep Chat on 12/21, they told me all the parts were on hand and they were just sequencing the build.

So, my guess is none have been delivered yet. Probably still waiting on the uppers from Bestop or something simple like that...
I see your build on the tracker today! First build I've seen yet with the half doors! :clap:

Got an email from my dealer saying my Jeep was being built today!

Moving forward!

Sponsored

Kreepin1

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 CJ7, 2006 TJ, 2012 JKR, 2021 JLR
Build Thread
Link
I see your build on the tracker today! First build I've seen yet with the half doors! :clap:

Got an email from my dealer saying my Jeep was being built today!

Moving forward!
Yep! Got a call from the dealer on 1/7 saying I was in paint... one of the 37 shades of gray...

TJdesersand

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 Windstar
Jeep’s been smart.

They knew this would be the common response which is why half doors were simply teased yet never offered until the fourth model year in.

Who wants half doors?
Everybody.

Who wants to pay $4k to have them from the factory?
Hmmm... not many.
For sure. But in northern Wisconsin, many months of winter. One buddy bought his Wrangler, softtop and Half Doors only. Loved it, untill November. Then putting together Hardtop, switches, hardware, and L&R full doors through parts department, was incredibly expensive. Then paint them. So the dual door group, really is what slot of previous Wrangler owners dreamt of. Keyed alike, power locks, keyless, and mirror functions! It's not such a bad deal. Best of both worlds. All under warranty too. Not complaining at all😁

OP
OP
FunWagon

FunWagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
For sure. But in northern Wisconsin, many months of winter. One buddy bought his Wrangler, softtop and Half Doors only. Loved it, untill November. Then putting together Hardtop, switches, hardware, and L&R full doors through parts department, was incredibly expensive. Then paint them. So the dual door group, really is what slot of previous Wrangler owners dreamt of. Keyed alike, power locks, keyless, and mirror functions! It's not such a bad deal. Best of both worlds. All under warranty too. Not complaining at all😁
But still. It would be nice to have the option to get just the half doors. I've been driving a JK with half doors only for 12 years now in the north east and never thought it was an issue during the snowy winters. I wonder what issues people are having?

Jeep warms up just fine and stays warm. I actually like having only one glass window on the Jeep (the windshield) to worry about with frost in the winter. Never crossed my mind that having half doors in the winter presented any issues.

TJdesersand

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 Windstar
But still. It would be nice to have the option to get just the half doors. I've been driving a JK with half doors only for 12 years now in the north east and never thought it was an issue during the snowy winters. I wonder what issues people are having?

Jeep warms up just fine and stays warm. I actually like having only one glass window on the Jeep (the windshield) to worry about with frost in the winter. Never crossed my mind that having half doors in the winter presented any issues.
Believe me ,we all thought same, until cold snap, -15F. For a 10 day snap, with a lot of north west wind, and you will see. Also with both sets of doors getting VIN, barcoding, it becomes insurance friendly. This is the beginning, of deliveries, by the end, it may go back to how JK, did it?
Sponsored