Sponsored

Are Dealerships Still Pricing Under Invoice?

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
To clarify, there's no "or" here. When you donate $100+ to Tread Lightly they enroll you to the affiliate rewards program 1% below factory invoice. Basically, it's your way in if you don't qualify otherwise.
You can qualify for Affiliate pricing 2 ways. Join TL or if your employer is a Affiliate. Many people can qualify for Affiliate without joining TL. There are hundreds if not thousands of Affiliate companies that qualify. Affiliate is the same discount as the Tread Lightly discount. You only need to joint TL if you don't work for a company that is a Affiliate. There are other organizations you can join for around $50 that will qualify for Affiliate pricing. One is a climbing organization, I can't remember the name?

Affiliate is actually 2% of invoice. 1% for you and 1% for the dealer. Some dealers give the customer the entire 2% to make the deal. I got the entire 2% when I bought my 2019 JLR for 7% under invoice.

https://www.fcausaffiliates.com/
Sponsored

Tar Heel Wrangler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Willys Sport, JT Mojave, Sold JLU Sport S
Occupation
Cigar & IPA Snob
Sounds like Travis at TriCity in Eden, NC. I talked to him the other day and he confirmed all JLs and JTs (except 392s) are 5-7% under invoice.
Yup, that's the exact deal Tri-City is still giving. Orders are taking about 4 weeks to get to Eden.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ive heard during this time though, many are not honoring that.
Many dealers are processing Affiliate discounts. They would be foolish not to. It cost them nothing. It's totally free money for them and you. 1% of invoice for you and 1% for them.

You live in TN? How far from Gupton Motors in Springfield TN from you? I'd go straight to Gupton for 6%-8% under invoice. Gupton will process the Tread Lightly discount /Affiliate discount. Their discount of 6%-8% under invoice with the Affiliate/TL discount is one of the best deals in the nation now.

Last edited:

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just a reminder for anyone who is military. You might qualify for additional discounts on top of all the other incentives. Military incentive used to be $500. Ask and check, it's worth the inquiry. Also Thank you for your service.

There is also a Mobility incentive for anyone who might qualify.

Some areas also have a First Responder and Realtor incentive.

These incentives come and go but it is definitely worth asking about.

Direct Marketing incentives are worh asking about when you take delivery also. All the dealer needs is you last name and Zip Code to look you up to see if you qualify for any additional DM incentives.

Last edited:

Sponsored

foxredlab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 4xe
I contacted both Tri-City and Gupton inquiring about ordering a Rubicon 4xe. Tri-City offered 4-6% under invoice and Gupton offered 5-7% under invoice.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I contacted both Tri-City and Gupton inquiring about ordering a Rubicon 4xe. Tri-City offered 4-6% under invoice and Gupton offered 5-7% under invoice.
Make sure to ask what DOC fees cost. Does Tri-City have a low DOC fee?

The reports from actual buyers are very positive for Gupton. My inquiries with Danial at Gupton reflect this. Danial from Gupton has been very upfront and transparent with all of their requirements and cost. No surprises. Gupton's doc is $499 which is a couple of hundred bucks more than in some other states but still among the best overall deals when everything is taken into consideration.

foxredlab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 4xe
Make sure to ask what DOC fees cost. Does Tri-City have a low DOC fee?

The reports from actual buyers are very positive for Gupton. My inquiries with Danial at Gupton reflect this. Danial from Gupton has been very upfront and transparent with all of their requirements and cost. No surprises. Gupton's doc is $499 which is a couple of hundred bucks more than in some other states but still among the best overall deals when everything is taken into consideration.
Doc fee is $499 at Tri-City also. I live about 2 hours from Tri-City and 7 hours from Gupton. I'm only considering Gupton because I'm originally from TN and this would be an opportunity to visit family and take the jeep on some trails in the Smokies. I tried to get Tri-City to match that extra 1%, but they wouldn't budge.

L1011

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 4R but hoping for a JLU
This is probably a dealer-specific question but my home state of NH doesn't have a sales tax. I can buy a car in Massachusetts (which does have Sales Tax) and I don't have to pay that tax because I'm not registering the car in Mass. Were I to buy a Jeep from some of the dealers mentioned in this thread (New Jersey, Tennessee, and N. Carolina), do I have to pay sales taxes? If so, that will wipe out any potential savings gained by 7% under invoice.

superbad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUSA
I got payoff on my Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude. 2020 with 11k miles

I have an offer on a 4xE order at 9% off MSRP via a broker. Thoughts? Thinking of pulling the trigger.

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got payoff on my Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude. 2020 with 11k miles

I have an offer on a 4xE order at 9% off MSRP via a broker. Thoughts? Thinking of pulling the trigger.
Double check with Criswell if your in MD. They might be a better deal.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Doc fee is $499 at Tri-City also. I live about 2 hours from Tri-City and 7 hours from Gupton. I'm only considering Gupton because I'm originally from TN and this would be an opportunity to visit family and take the jeep on some trails in the Smokies. I tried to get Tri-City to match that extra 1%, but they wouldn't budge.

You are at about a $500 difference? Are you planning on taking a loan? Gupton will give you another 1% if you use their financing. That would be a total of 8% undr invoice. I believe you need to take a min loan of $10K and make 3 months payments? I am not sure if there is a pre payment penalty? That's something to ask.

Some states have better consumer laws than others. I would take into consideration the lemon law for each state. Which state is Tri-State in? Check both states lemon laws.

It's worth giving the sales manager another call at Tri-State to see if they will match. This forum is the meat and potaoes for many dealers selling Wranglers. Tell them about the forum and all the extra positive publicity they will get. It's worth a shot.

foxredlab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 4xe
You are at about a $500 difference? Are you planning on taking a loan? Gupton will give you another 1% if you use their financing. That would be a total of 8% undr invoice. I believe you need to take a min loan of $10K and make 3 months payments? I am not sure if there is a pre payment penalty? That's something to ask.

Some states have better consumer laws than others. I would take into consideration the lemon law for each state. Which state is Tri-State in? Check both states lemon laws.

It's worth giving the sales manager another call at Tri-State to see if they will match. This forum is the meat and potaoes for many dealers selling Wranglers. Tell them about the forum and all the extra positive publicity they will get. It's worth a shot.
It’s a $650 difference. I’ve contemplated the lemon law and the cost for fuel to get there is gonna cut into that $650. It’s the principalities that Gupton is offering an extra 1%.

Jeep Wrangler JL Are Dealerships Still Pricing Under Invoice? 70AE27A7-C0F4-4A19-A65F-44995A215323

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
This is probably a dealer-specific question but my home state of NH doesn't have a sales tax. I can buy a car in Massachusetts (which does have Sales Tax) and I don't have to pay that tax because I'm not registering the car in Mass. Were I to buy a Jeep from some of the dealers mentioned in this thread (New Jersey, Tennessee, and N. Carolina), do I have to pay sales taxes? If so, that will wipe out any potential savings gained by 7% under invoice.
No, you don’t have to pay sales tax in that state. The sales tax (if applicable) usually gets paid when you register the vehicle.

OINC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
It’s a $650 difference. I’ve contemplated the lemon law and the cost for fuel to get there is gonna cut into that $650. It’s the principalities that Gupton is offering an extra 1%.

Jeep Wrangler JL Are Dealerships Still Pricing Under Invoice? 70AE27A7-C0F4-4A19-A65F-44995A215323
Take into consideration fuel/airfare to get there and back, and for me, I'd probably stop over and spend the night or a weekend in Asheville on the way home because Asheville... so hotel and dining out and all that too. For me, I figured if a dealer near me could get to within about $750 of Gupton, it would end up being a wash.

Also I see you're a fellow NCian -- note that the NC Lemon Law applies only to cars purchased in NC by residents of NC, and after reading experiences here on the forum with new Jeeps, it was important to me to have that consumer protection. I wouldn't be surprised if all state lemon laws apply only to in-state car purchases, and there is no national lemon law.
Sponsored