Sponsored

Are Dealerships Still Pricing Under Invoice?

jcrewboy

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Wrangler Sport 2dr
I'm not sure where you are in New England but around Boston dealers are telling me that they are at MSRP on orders. Only discounting for things like Access Fund/Tread Lightly.
Let’s put together a Group buy and maybe we can get a better discount. I am in Boston too ! I Want to pull the trigger this week
Sponsored

L1011

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 4R but hoping for a JLU
I'm not sure where you are in New England but around Boston dealers are telling me that they are at MSRP on orders. Only discounting for things like Access Fund/Tread Lightly.
Thanks for the info. I'm up in NH. A few years back I had heard of a dealer in CT who was seeking volume sales and had good deals. I'll have to look up their info again and see if they're willing to play. I'm not in any rush. If it's MSRP then I'll just keep my vehicle for another year or two and see how the chip shortage plays out. I hear it's already waning so that's good news.

L1011

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 4R but hoping for a JLU
Let’s put together a Group buy and maybe we can get a better discount. I am in Boston too ! I Want to pull the trigger this week
I love the idea but I can't move on this that quickly.

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

Also ordered with Daniel at Gupton this week. Tried to get a local dealership to match, but their Director of New Sales straight up said, "If you've got that offer in writing, you should take it now."

My Sahara Altitude built at $53,690, Daniel quoted me $46,642 + tax and $500 doc fee. Nearly $7K off MSRP. It'll cost me ~$1K to fly up there and then drive back (cause the wife is coming too, lol).

Still a net savings of $6K. Total no-brainer for me.

Erievon

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTR, 2021 JLU Sport Altitude
My local high volume dealer, usually known for great prices, is now advertising prices over msrp on Wranglers. It's a crazy market right now. If you can find a dealer still willing to go below invoice, jump on it NOW.

Sponsored

Granada

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
I went out to Westboro today and they wouldn't even honor any affiliate pricing. They wouldn't budge off MSRP and were $3500 under on my trade. Brigham-Gill and Central Jeep in Norwood are up next.

If you work with any somewhat decent dealers let me know!

wantingtobuyonetouch

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018-2020 Wrangler w One Touch Roof
Also ordered with Daniel at Gupton this week. Tried to get a local dealership to match, but their Director of New Sales straight up said, "If you've got that offer in writing, you should take it now."

My Sahara Altitude built at $53,690, Daniel quoted me $46,642 + tax and $500 doc fee. Nearly $7K off MSRP. It'll cost me ~$1K to fly up there and then drive back (cause the wife is coming too, lol).

Still a net savings of $6K. Total no-brainer for me.
lol I agree, these dealers try to take advantage of people who don't know they're making $7-10k on a sale. Sorry we won't accept that margin for 30 min of keyboard typing to put in our order.

Schuter

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Silverado 2500
I am Southern NH and willing to go in on a group buy.

Action Jeep in Acton MA is advertising they specialize in factory orders at discount pricing but after dozens of email and three days I still have not received a price. Terrible customer service so far.

Gengras in East Hartford CT has offered 1% below invoice on factory order, but I have been looking for a better deal...nothing in NH or MA so far.

jcrewboy

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Wrangler Sport 2dr
I am Southern NH and willing to go in on a group buy.

Action Jeep in Acton MA is advertising they specialize in factory orders at discount pricing but after dozens of email and three days I still have not received a price. Terrible customer service so far.

Gengras in East Hartford CT has offered 1% below invoice on factory order, but I have been looking for a better deal...nothing in NH or MA so far.
I am following up tomorrow with Suresky Jeep in Goshen NY to see if he can do 3% below invoice as someone mentioned that in this thread. With their doc fee only $75 that is almost like 4% as all doc fees that I have seen in MA were over $4 or 500

Granada

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
I am following up tomorrow with Suresky Jeep in Goshen NY to see if he can do 3% below invoice as someone mentioned that in this thread. With their doc fee only $75 that is almost like 4% as all doc fees that I have seen in MA were over $4 or 500
I had a really good experience with Joe at Brigham-Gill in Natick. I'm using Access Fund for the 1% under invoice and will probably just order from them. They wouldn't go any lower than the 1% but were fair on the trade. Really easy process and straightforward.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Obispo325

Obispo325

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Chevy Tahoe and hopefully a Bright White JLUR
I’m checking out the Tread Lightly Membership and was wondering if it only applies to Jeeps that are ordered. Can you get one off the lot and have your affiliate number applied to that sale and drive it home for 1% under invoice?

jcrewboy

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Wrangler Sport 2dr
Suresky Jeep got back to me this morning - only 2% under invoice including Tread Lightly - no additional financing discounts. The $75 max doc fee is interesting though - checking around that area to see if anyone will go lower. Closer drive than going to Criswell in MD area

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

I know you guys are wanting to stay local, but I'd recommend that you do some math, as well.

Depending on the overall value of your build, the difference in 1% below invoice and 7% below invoice could be $6-8K - that's a lot of money.

A flight to Nashville from Boston would be ~$400, less depending on how hard you shop it. It's a 17 hour drive, so maybe plan on 3 days so you can take it slow on backroads to break the engine in. You're looking at ~$1K in travel costs (gas, food, hotel, etc)

So if you've got the flexibility in your life to take 3 days off (or time it on a weekend) then you could easily save a net of $5-7K. For me that's a huge amount of money, and gives allowance for some of the "nice to have" packages that I wanted.

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
I know you guys are wanting to stay local, but I'd recommend that you do some math, as well.

Depending on the overall value of your build, the difference in 1% below invoice and 7% below invoice could be $6-8K - that's a lot of money.

A flight to Nashville from Boston would be ~$400, less depending on how hard you shop it. It's a 17 hour drive, so maybe plan on 3 days so you can take it slow on backroads to break the engine in. You're looking at ~$1K in travel costs (gas, food, hotel, etc)

So if you've got the flexibility in your life to take 3 days off (or time it on a weekend) then you could easily save a net of $5-7K. For me that's a huge amount of money, and gives allowance for some of the "nice to have" packages that I wanted.
agreed. And if you don’t have time, just get it shipped - not sure how far that is maybe $1,000 to ship?

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)

You can ship a Wrangler if you don't have the time to take time off and still be thousands ahead. Easily.

Gupton is located in a fun part of the country. TN is beautiful, lots of fun roads, great restaurants, and things to do. Personally I would make a adventure out of the trip. I have traveled for 5-6 cars before. Most recently a month ago for a new car. I plan on ordering from Gupton if none of my local dealers are competitive. I see traveling to TN as a free road trip.
Sponsored