Sponsored

Are Dealerships Still Pricing Under Invoice?

OP
OP
Obispo325

Obispo325

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Chevy Tahoe and hopefully a Bright White JLUR
I am not sure if I am supposed to tell the public who the dealer was that I just ordered from. However, a NC dealer just sold me a Rubicon 4XE for 5% under invoice, 6% with tread lightly and 7% if financing at least 50% of purchase price. I am not going to finance. Just placed the order so it will be a while before it comes in I suspect. Just letting folks know deals are still out there. If someone is interested, feel free to PM and i will pass along my contact at the dealer.
IDK, people post about what they’re getting from Koons in VA and Peterson in ID all the time. Go ahead and spill the beans!

UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I am not sure if I am supposed to tell the public who the dealer was that I just ordered from. However, a NC dealer just sold me a Rubicon 4XE for 5% under invoice, 6% with tread lightly and 7% if financing at least 50% of purchase price. I am not going to finance. Just placed the order so it will be a while before it comes in I suspect. Just letting folks know deals are still out there. If someone is interested, feel free to PM and i will pass along my contact at the dealer.
Sounds like Travis at TriCity in Eden, NC. I talked to him the other day and he confirmed all JLs and JTs (except 392s) are 5-7% under invoice.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
There are a few good dealers on this forum already. Dealers that are honest, upfront and transparent will get rewarded with a tremendous amount of business from this forum. Geographically they located in different parts of the country. The more the merrier. Let forum members decide if they want to do business with them. Go ahead and post the dealer, sales manager, sales person and their actual terms. Not all "under-invoice" deals are the same. Some dealer have a higher DOC fee that can equal 1%-2% of the invoice. There is nothing wrong with that but it can offset the actual selling discount. What is their DOC fee? Thanks for the heads up. I am sure many members will appreciate your information.

Lightsped

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys, 2017 Tacoma Off Road, Honda S2000.
Occupation
Technology Research
7% under invoice on factory order just north of Atlanta GA. Extremely easy process from start to finish. Will need to join tread lightly.

Contact info below:

Mike Clinnin
Mall of Georgia Jeep
770 713 5364

[email protected]

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just picked up our new JLU at 8% under invoice from Gupton in Springfield TN
Quite a few forum members have very recently bought from Gupton for 7%-8% under invoice with Affiliate or Tread Lightly. Plus a $499 DOC fee. They report Gupton was great and as advertised. The process was very smooth.

How was your experience with them? Any surprises? Recommended?

Last edited:

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
People should post the actual terms of the dealer along with the actual discount and actual DOC fees or any other required cost. The DOC or any other cost and fees are relavant. 8% under invoice and $800 DOC is really closer to 6% under invoice.

JeepRx

First Name
Taz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Sahara
People should post the actual terms of the dealer along with the actual discount and actual DOC fees or any other required cost. The DOC or any other cost and fees are relavant. 8% under invoice and $800 DOC is really closer to 6% under invoice.
Here is the terms and info from my Order with Gupton in TN. This came directly from the dealer in an email:

Sticker Price $55,920
Invoice price $52,700

Pricing would be as follows:

6%-49,540(standard order pricing below factory invoice)
7%-49,015 (standard order pricing; Must have Tread Lightly control #)
8%- 48,488 (Standard order pricing; must have tread lightly control # and dealer arranged financing, this extra percent is not compatible if you take the 0.00% financing)

****** If you take the 0.00% financing you will only qualify for the 7% discount with tread lightly membership******

All prices are plus a 499 doc fee and a 7.50 for a 30 day temporary tag to get you back home. These prices do not include any applicable sales tax that may or may not have to be collected depending on where you live. Must be a member of tread lightly for 30 days prior to obtaining a control # so I recommend becoming a member as soon as you order the vehicle to be safe. Any applicable rebates available at the of delivery would come off these prices as well.

We require a 1,000 nonrefundable deposit on all sold orders. Once order is placed you can't make any changes.

wantingtobuyonetouch

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018-2020 Wrangler w One Touch Roof
So I was one of the people who said I would never buy a brand new car in my life due to the stigma of losing money once you drive off the lot with it, but after I saw the residuals on Wranglers and I test drove one, I was hook/line/sinkered. I used the google maps Wrangler best deal website, and after reaching out to 10 dealers, and only hearing back from about 5, I settled on Gupton. I must say, he is the best dealer that I've ever met. Honest, fast response, has integrity. I never believed there were people like him that own dealerships, I look forward to receiving my Wrangler in the next month or two and look forward to the next Jeep I buy from him.

King Nothing

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Quite a few forum members have very recently bought from Gupton for 7%-8% under invoice with Affiliate or Tread Lightly. Plus a $499 DOC fee. They report Gupton was great and as advertised. The process was very smooth.

How was your experience with them? Any surprises? Recommended?
Great experience. Daniel was helpful and responsive the whole time. Only real surprise was our Jeep taking 17 days from order to delivery.

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Great experience. Daniel was helpful and responsive the whole time. Only real surprise was our Jeep taking 17 days from order to delivery.
Some shortage huh? LOL.

My '19 JLR took 11 days from order to actual delivery at the dealer back in March of 2019.

Caseman2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking for jeep
I just emailed daniel today.

When did you order? 17 days?!

my dealer in town said it was over 2 months.

cooperjet

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Mojave 06 MINI Cooper S
I just picked up my JT from Gupton yesterday. As advertised a nice smooth experience and they even picked me up from the airport. Renee and Daniel are fantastic. I’ll be ordering a JLU for the wife shortly once she decides on a color and it will be from them. I ordered on 5/15 and it was delivered 6/2.
Sponsored