Sponsored

Are Dealerships Still Pricing Under Invoice?

2manyhobbies

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Rubicon XR
I’ve got a 4xe rubicon sitting on Daniel’s lot waiting for me to get back in the country next week. His communication has been outstanding, especially given my unique circumstance. Ordered back on 4/6. It was delivered a few weeks ago, but that was no problem. I’m sure he likes having it on the lot for folks to come and see. I just hope it hasn’t been test driven! 😀
Sponsored

Rogue Toad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLU Rubicon
I was talking with my dealer today when I picked up my new JLUR. A month ago I locked in at 7% under invoice (with affiliate discount). If I had ordered today, he said it would be more like about 4% because of price increases, the market moving upward, other dealers doing the same, etc. This is a dealer that does a lot of online orders and watches the forums.

Just another data point for anyone reading this thread. Make of it what you will.

wantingtobuyonetouch

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018-2020 Wrangler w One Touch Roof
I was talking with my dealer today when I picked up my new JLUR. A month ago I locked in at 7% under invoice (with affiliate discount). If I had ordered today, he said it would be more like about 4% because of price increases, the market moving upward, other dealers doing the same, etc. This is a dealer that does a lot of online orders and watches the forums.

Just another data point for anyone reading this thread. Make of it what you will.
Not a valid data point, Criswell Jeep went from 3% to 5% off invoice this week. So just another dealer blowing smoke up peoples ass. Feel free to post the dealer info.

Sponsored

Caseman2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking for jeep
Daniel told me 4-6 weeks, but could be as much as 8-10. He wanted to make sure I didn’t have any unrealistic expectations, like 17 days lol
17 days is amazing. Mine would be Diesel with pretty much everything other than steel bumpers. Hopefully that won't make it take longer. I am now skipping gorilla glass as I guess that's on backorder or something.

Rogue Toad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLU Rubicon
Not a valid data point, Criswell Jeep went from 3% to 5% off invoice this week. So just another dealer blowing smoke up peoples ass. Feel free to post the dealer info.
It's actually a perfectly valid point. Two in fact. A month ago I could get 7% from a dealer. Same dealer would be 4% today. I didn't say that would be the case everywhere, just a little bit more information since there is no definitive answer out there anyway; merely word of mouth on what dealers are or aren't willing to do. Not to mention he said "around 4%" which is about what you say another dealer is doing.

This guy has been very straightforward from day 1. He offered me the 7% right off the bat with basically zero haggling, and I was asking what today's pricing would be in the context of me sending other people his way...so he'd be incentivized to tell me what his best deal would be.

If that's not good enough for you, well, so be it.

sacmaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler on order, LC 100 series, GX460
I just picked up my JT from Gupton yesterday. As advertised a nice smooth experience and they even picked me up from the airport. Renee and Daniel are fantastic. I’ll be ordering a JLU for the wife shortly once she decides on a color and it will be from them. I ordered on 5/15 and it was delivered 6/2.
I was scheduled to get in before you but my flight was delayed. The gentleman who picked me up from the airport pointed you out when we passed going the other way.

Sponsored

Tygerman76

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mini Cooper S Countryman, 2018 Mini Cooper S Hardtop, 2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Gave Daniel my 1k today! 6% below with tread lightly and 7% if I finance through them. 4xe Sahara, firecracker red, SkyView., Towing, proximity and cold weather. Start the clock!

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
I checked my two local Jeep dealers. The one in Longmont, CO has ZERO Wranglers on the lot. 6 are inbound. But they have 19 Gladiators..

The dealer in Boulder has 2 Wranglers on the lot with 6 inbound. They have 18 Gladiators on the lot.

Neither appear to be offering any deals on Wranglers.

newtothis

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Grand Cherokee Overland 4xe
Occupation
Living
After quite a bit of searching, finally found a dealer here in Denver to match an out of state deal I received. 10.57% UNDER MSRP Sahara High Altitude 4xe. (Access Fund affiliate and have to use their financing/lease programs available when vehicle is delivered. Agreed to base MF at time of delivery too if leasing. All of course in writing and signed by both parties). Must be an order and not in stock vehicle. Internet Sales Manager said he'd entertain a *few* (like 3) local deals like this. If you're local PM me.

L1011

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 4R but hoping for a JLU
Encouraging to hear that deals below invoice can still be had. It is so tempting to pull the trigger right now. If I could find a dealer in New England that'll do 7% below invoice I could probably convince the family CFO to let me pull the trigger :)

Granada

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Encouraging to hear that deals below invoice can still be had. It is so tempting to pull the trigger right now. If I could find a dealer in New England that'll do 7% below invoice I could probably convince the family CFO to let me pull the trigger :)
I'm not sure where you are in New England but around Boston dealers are telling me that they are at MSRP on orders. Only discounting for things like Access Fund/Tread Lightly.
Sponsored