Sponsored

Are any of these Mopar options worth it?

RAD1

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Willys V6 6MT w SOT Anvil
Occupation
Engineer
Going to be ordering a 2024 Willys. I see this long list of Mopar options - are there some common items that make sense to order now that can't be added easily later? Doors off mirror kit? Cold Air Intake? Windshield tie down? Sunrider Top? Door sills?

Jeep Wrangler JL Are any of these Mopar options worth it? Screen-Shot-2023-05-22-at-9-01-58-AM

Jeep Wrangler JL Are any of these Mopar options worth it? Screen-Shot-2023-05-22-at-9-02-13-AM
Sponsored

Last edited:

pnut

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 392 XR
My thoughts:

- Mopar all weather floor mats (good fit, good material, well engineered)
- Plastic door sill guards.
- Hard top headliner

The rest are generally dress up items. The side steps might be a good option since it seems all aftermarket ones rust so quickly.

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
Doesn't look like anything you couldn't easily add later yourself if you wanted (or have installed at the dealer).

Only Mopar stuff I ordered from the factory was the steel bumper group and the hardtop headliner. I like the steel bumpers, even though most people here would agree there are better options for the rear. And the headliner is just okay imo. They're supposed to quiet the cabin, but one of mine actually makes noises in certain temps over rough roads.

Xcoaste

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Past - '13 JKU, '97 TJ, '93 YJ
Most of those items can be added aftermarket and possibly cheaper.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Cold air kits are worthless. The one Jeep installs will mean that a hole is cut through the side of your hood. Iā€™d pass on that.

Jeep Wrangler JL Are any of these Mopar options worth it? 5AC33A11-D2B0-4E88-9E80-6234B612ED70

Last edited:

Sponsored

Fuel Fire Desire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S, 2020 JT Sport
Moparā€™s door off mirror kit can be had aftermarket for much cheaper.

Door sills will help with scratches, as youā€™ll drag your boots on it all the time, but I personally donā€™t care.

A cold air intake defeats the water separating engineering of the factory air box, and you wonā€™t notice any power gains.

The windshield tie downs you wonā€™t ever use. Iā€™ve folded my JK windshield down once, and my JL down once, just to try it out. The inside of the windshield becomes a bowl that holds water and mud. If I ever feel the need to go fully naked the windshield can be removed as easily as the doors. And honestly, if youā€™re dropping the windshield, itā€™s going to be off road, and Iā€™d much rather have the windshield off than folded and bouncing around. Itā€™s a fun experience as long as youā€™re not going over 35 mph. Above 35 bugs begin to hurt, and wrap around glasses become a must.

crux360a

First Name
Kristen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Towing and auto repair
The Doors off mirror kit is a joke. I ordered one for my 2022 rubicon, sold them and bought a set that was much smaller and easier to put on!

OP
OP
RAD1

RAD1

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Willys V6 6MT w SOT Anvil
Occupation
Engineer
Cold air kits are worthless. The one Jeep installs will mean that a hole is cut through the side of your hood. Iā€™d pass on that.

This is how it will look from the factory

5AC33A11-D2B0-4E88-9E80-6234B612ED70.jpeg
Wow - good to know this. Hard pass on the CAI.

Thanks for all the responses so far.

drpericak

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Earl JLU Rubicon
Occupation
dentist
You should get the cold weather package if you live in the northeast. I like the leather, and I have the stainless sill guards.

Sponsored

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)

This is how it will look from the factory

5AC33A11-D2B0-4E88-9E80-6234B612ED70.jpeg
Afaik, Jeep still doesn't install the optional cut-out from the factory when ordering the performance intake. And for whatever reason, they usually don't even give you the plastic cut-out part that's normally included for that particular kit. There's been a lot of threads here about it. The photo you posted was from a member that installed it themselves..

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...-installed-on-jl-today-feedback-review.40327/

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Hard top headliners mostly because I don't want to mess with installing them aftermarket. Stitched leather because I like them. We went with the Mopar rock rails with step, but there are much better aftermarket options in that price range. If Jeep did the cut-out for the cold air intake making it functional and I didn't have to cut into the hood myself I'd go for it. Everything else is cheaper and easy aftermarket. Get the factory tow package as it is a pain to install the wiring after the fact.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Afaik, Jeep still doesn't install the optional cut-out from the factory when ordering the performance intake. And for whatever reason, they usually don't even give you the plastic cut-out part that's normally included for that particular kit. There's been a lot of threads here about it. The photo you posted was from a member that installed it themselves..

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...-installed-on-jl-today-feedback-review.40327/
Ok, thought they were sent out of the factory, or from the vendor, like that. So without installing the cut out, it's even less useful. No better than stock it would seem.

Reactions: AFD

Covet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 22 392, 22 4xe JLUR sold x3, 24 392
My thoughts:

- Mopar all weather floor mats (good fit, good material, well engineered)
- Plastic door sill guards.
- Hard top headliner

The rest are generally dress up items. The side steps might be a good option since it seems all aftermarket ones rust so quickly.
Will 2nd the floor mats and the headliner, have/had in all 3 sets of the mats on my JLs, they are good! 1st JL hardtop, no headliner, 2nd SOT top = irrelevant, 3rd has the MOPAR headliners. I was skeptical that they were worth it, but after having a hard top once without out them and now hardtop with them, they do work pretty well.

KevinC11

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Willys, 2023 JT Mojave
Occupation
Gunsmith/EMT
The All weather floor mats are included with the Willys. So, I just saved you some money. I take cash.

KevinC
Sponsored