Sponsored

Are all of these sold to Forum Members?

JPGirl

First Name
Candace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Wrangler Sport TJ, 2018 Wrangler Sport JL, 1989 VW Vanagon Syncro, 1979 VW Bus, 1958 BMW Isetta, a Pinzgauer, and 15+ other VW Vanagons & Buses to mention...
Occupation
VA & SAHM
Vehicle Showcase
I've "heard" that many (several) of the dealers had special requirements like using their financing and not being able to refi for like 3 or 6 months or something like that.
My hubs does financing for local dealer - it is illegal to tell you to hold off or require you to wait before refinancing or paying it off. Big no-no!!:lipssealed: Yes they lose money if you do that, but it is your right to do so... :flag:
Sponsored

Bravo

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0, 2016 Dodge Ram 2500 Mega CTD, 2019 Roadglide Special, 2015 Malibu Wakesetter 23 LSV, 2019 Skidoo Summit X 165, and 2018 Skidoo Summit X 154
Bought mine from Petersen... local for me... anyway... finance guy stated I had to keep their financing for 6 months... lol... refi’d the day I received the original loan paperwork with the finance I already had thru my bank... so got their price and used my finance... no penalty for paying off their finance early... just gotta read the contract

Rockstar08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
That is correct the dealers that give you the extra money for financing with Chrysler will tell you that you have to keep their loan for 6 months! I bought my JK from Dennis Dillon and got the lowest price I could find anywhere by a long shot. However I am a car guy and I also know these are simple interest loans which means you can pay it off anytime you want period! There is no prepayment penalty that is illegal. So just as suggested above use their financing to get the extra $1,000 lower price and refi it when you get the first statement!!

AFfiredawg

First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Fire Fighter
That is correct the dealers that give you the extra money for financing with Chrysler will tell you that you have to keep their loan for 6 months! I bought my JK from Dennis Dillon and got the lowest price I could find anywhere by a long shot. However I am a car guy and I also know these are simple interest loans which means you can pay it off anytime you want period! There is no prepayment penalty that is illegal. So just as suggested above use their financing to get the extra $1,000 lower price and refi it when you get the first statement!!
That is exactly what I did and have been happy and didn't have any problems with them...

TMoats

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 OB Rubicon, 98 Cherokee XJ, 93 Wrangler YJ
I ordered mine from Peterson in January and hope it will be delivered in the next couple of weeks. I received almost 8% below invoice (7.88% to be exact). Kent was very up front about me needing to pay a 1-2% higher interest rate than if I financed myself and I would only be allowed to put 5% down for the price. The 6 months is only a gentleman's agreement, since they can't legally force you to stay financed through that time with them. However, although I'll pay a bit more interest, I plan to make a very large first payment and 5 more for the specified amount. I think the deal they gave me is worth giving them a bit back. I know that I don't have to, but in the end I'm still better off than if I'd paid the higher price and I want to have positive interactions with them in the future. I'm local to Peterson and Dennis Dillon and know from dealing with both in the past that Peterson's service and finance people are easier to deal with. Every time I've tried to deal with Dennis Dillon, they seem as though they could care less. Just my experience and other may have had a different experience.
Sponsored