Sponsored

Are 37's silly to consider with just the max terrain flares?

MalteeseJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Ok ladies and gents 2019 JLUR here, I'm juggling a lot of ideas around right now. Recently received my Rugged ridge Max terrain flares not installed yet as I haven't found fender well liners that make me feel warm and fuzzy yet. Plus I'm waiting to do a vinyl wrap, and with those flares and wrap I'm leaning towards goin down to 17 inch rims. I don't have a lift aside from what the Rubicon comes with. Are 37's silly to consider with just the max terrain flares?
Sponsored

Sponsored

OP
OP
MalteeseJLU

MalteeseJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I'm so lost. I thought the max flares were for non Rubicons wanting highline fenders? Not for a Rubicon that already has them.
They actually have more clearance than the rubi fenders

OP
OP
MalteeseJLU

MalteeseJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Metalcloak fenders with 37’s on a Rubicon
Jeep Wrangler JL Are 37's silly to consider with just the max terrain flares? DEAC9517-20EA-458E-BADE-D0451FCD3838

Jeep Wrangler JL Are 37's silly to consider with just the max terrain flares? DEAC9517-20EA-458E-BADE-D0451FCD3838
I've thought that route but I was trying to hold off on a lift until I decide what route I wanted to go. Maybe I'll just go 35's until I figure that out lol. I really thought about those fenders pretty hard, I didn't look into the installation for them do they use the metal factory mounting brackets? Or cut them off like the road armor fenders?

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
They actually have more clearance than the rubi fenders
Yeah, because it only mimics the top half of the Rubi fenders. Why didn't you just chop yours. I did that to mine to get about 3.5" of added clearance, plus it looks more purposeful.
Jeep Wrangler JL Are 37's silly to consider with just the max terrain flares? 20200815_110338_resized

OP
OP
MalteeseJLU

MalteeseJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Yeah, because it only mimics the top half of the Rubi fenders. Why didn't you just chop yours. I did that to mine to get about 3.5" of added clearance, plus it looks more purposeful.
Jeep Wrangler JL Are 37's silly to consider with just the max terrain flares? 20200815_110338_resized
I thought about it, the cost of the AAL led's 300 bucks and then chopping up the factory fenders wasn't worth it to me. 200 bucks more and I got 4 fenders. Plus I like having all my factory parts available to be put back on if needed, is that dumb? Probably. But it makes me feel better about the possibility of having to deal with FCA about warranty issues. Your Jeep looks fantastic bro nicely done!!! Is it lifted on 37's or no lift and 35's?

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
I thought about it, the cost of the AAL led's 300 bucks and then chopping up the factory fenders wasn't worth it to me. 200 bucks more and I got 4 fenders. Plus I like having all my factory parts available to be put back on if needed, is that dumb? Probably. But it makes me feel better about the possibility of having to deal with FCA about warranty issues. Your Jeep looks fantastic bro nicely done!!! Is it lifted on 37's or no lift and 35's?
Yeah, but the Rugged Ridge ones are very cheap quality plastic. I have a trail buddy who has had them for 3 weeks and they are already fading and cracked from the sun. YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR - ALWAYS.

Sponsored

OP
OP
MalteeseJLU

MalteeseJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Yeah, but the Rugged Ridge ones are very cheap quality plastic. I have a trail buddy who has had them for 3 weeks and they are already fading and cracked from the sun. YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR - ALWAYS.
Well if that happens then I'll just have an excuse to buy the Metal cloak ones lol

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
No, it's not at all dumb. It's what you chose to do. Being able to revert back to stock has its merits. What i did can't be reversed. More than 1 way to skin that cat. Looking forward to seeing your wrap.

Thanks for the kind words. It's got a 3.5" Metalcloak/Synergy hybrid lift on 38x13.50's

OP
OP
MalteeseJLU

MalteeseJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
No, it's not at all dumb. It's what you chose to do. Being able to revert back to stock has its merits. What i did can't be reversed. More than 1 way to skin that cat. Looking forward to seeing your wrap.

Thanks for the kind words. It's got a 3.5" Metalcloak/Synergy hybrid lift on 38x13.50's
What the mpg's? I'm not really concerned about what I will eventually get but when I retire to travel and really wheel it comes down to do I trailer it or just drive it there.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
What the mpg's? I'm not really concerned about what I will eventually get but when I retire to travel and really wheel it comes down to do I trailer it or just drive it there.
I'll have to get back to you on that one. It's not something that gets much attention. I don't fly around, but I also don't dawdle. I solely run it on 93 octane Mobil fuel.
Sponsored