ARB Twin Help

NyRey87

First Name
Nyles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
I’m looking at purchasing a lightly used ARB Twin from someone but it’s pretty much only the compressor. Since I’ve never hooked one up I’m not exactly sure what all I’ll need for parts to get it to run. Most of what I can find online only of the “Wiring Loom”
Attached is a picture of the parts I can find circled in red, do I need all the other parts to get it to run?
FWIW I’ll be installing aux switches in the next few weeks with my new axles.

Thanks!

8EAF9C64-0DC9-4715-8709-33FB7D717CD1.jpeg
Sponsored

SadRobot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2dr Sport
I just wired mine this weekend. What you have circled is the relay that powers the switch. You also need the harness not circled on the top left corner which is what gets wired to the battery to power the compressor. You'll also need some crimp type ring terminals for the positive/neg wires of the harness.

OP
OP
NyRey87

NyRey87

First Name
Nyles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just wired mine this weekend. What you have circled is the relay that powers the switch. You also need the harness not circled on the top left corner which is what gets wired to the battery to power the compressor. You'll also need some crimp type ring terminals for the positive/neg wires of the harness.
Thank you so much

SadRobot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2dr Sport
Thank you so much
No prob! Send me a message if you need further help with it.

This says it comes with the wiring harness and loom, and Since I plan on putting it in the rest of the Jeep anyway do you think this would work?

https://artemisoverland.com/products/expedition-essentials-arb-twin-harness-extension
Hmm that seems to just be an extender without the pos/net wires to hook to the battery. Also looks to be missing the fuses.

Sponsored

Rangemaster

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Business Owner
I’m looking at purchasing a lightly used ARB Twin from someone but it’s pretty much only the compressor. Since I’ve never hooked one up I’m not exactly sure what all I’ll need for parts to get it to run. Most of what I can find online only of the “Wiring Loom”
Attached is a picture of the parts I can find circled in red, do I need all the other parts to get it to run?
FWIW I’ll be installing aux switches in the next few weeks with my new axles.

Thanks!

Jeep Wrangler JL ARB Twin Help 8EAF9C64-0DC9-4715-8709-33FB7D717CD1
Depending on where you mount your compressor, I would get you one of these:
https://expeditionessentials.com/products/bedside-compressor-mount-extension-harness

I mounted mine in the cargo area and routed the wires out the hole on the drivers side firewall. I have a whole writeup on the install somewhere here on the forums.

OP
OP
NyRey87

NyRey87

First Name
Nyles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Depending on where you mount your compressor, I would get you one of these:
https://expeditionessentials.com/products/bedside-compressor-mount-extension-harness

I mounted mine in the cargo area and routed the wires out the hole on the drivers side firewall. I have a whole writeup on the install somewhere here on the forums.
Thank you, I’ll look for the write up.
That was my plan, something in the rear cargo area. I just want to make sure if I get this compressor I source the proper parts.

OP
OP
NyRey87

NyRey87

First Name
Nyles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anyone know where I can source the necessary parts for this? Web searches have mostly turned up the same stuff over and over. I’ll call arb if I need to.

Edit:

Just called ARB got this info.
Power Harness is $88 and it’s
part #180414
Switch Harness is $52 and is
part #180415
Switch is $19 and it’s part #180222SP
Just in case anyone else can use this Info

Last edited:

Rangemaster

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Business Owner
Thank you, I’ll look for the write up.
That was my plan, something in the rear cargo area. I just want to make sure if I get this compressor I source the proper parts.
If you get stuck or need help, I live in Sparks. So PM anytime.

Sponsored

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
I put mine on the M.O.R.E. mount below the driver side hardtop window and have no issue airing up with dual lines to the front or back tires. I’m not using it for lockers but I can’t imagine there’s no air filtration or window opening solution to the solenoid issue. Otherwise I find that mounting location to be excellent.
Same here. Didn't want to cram it under the hood, due to heat concerns. Aftermarket high tuck fender liners don't leave enough space in the wheelwell location. So, inside seemed to make the most sense for my specific needs. I used a .5 meter stainless Teflon braided line and a remote coupler bracket to reduce the reach and to give the air a chance to cool down.
Just out of curiosity: What did you guys do for wiring? I saw Jeep Generation's tutorial on pulling apart and splicing the wiring harnesses, but I'm wondering if there is anything simpler, as I really don't want to splice wires if I don't have to...

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Just out of curiosity: What did you guys do for wiring? I saw Jeep Generation's tutorial on pulling apart and splicing the wiring harnesses, but I'm wondering if there is anything simpler, as I really don't want to splice wires if I don't have to...
I did a similar abbreviation to the ARB wiring harness, for the sole purpose of minimizing the amount of wiring to be hidden.

I used the ARB power switch located above the compressor on the MORE bracket, which is powered from the "hot with ignition" wire in the factory aux bundle under the glove box.

The main harness that goes to the battery had to be lengthened a few feet, via an application specific extension harness made by Up/Down Air, and was routed inside the cabin and through the firewall on the passenger side. Huge pain in the ass vs going the standard route through one of the rear floor drains and along the frame to the engine compartment. My thoughts were on harness protection from the elements, but in hindsight I was probably overthinking myself into more complications than were needed.

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
I did a similar abbreviation to the ARB wiring harness, for the sole purpose of minimizing the amount of wiring to be hidden.

I used the ARB power switch located above the compressor on the MORE bracket, which is powered from the "hot with ignition" wire in the factory aux bundle under the glove box.

The main harness that goes to the battery had to be lengthened a few feet, via an application specific extension harness made by Up/Down Air, and was routed inside the cabin and through the firewall on the passenger side. Huge pain in the ass vs going the standard route through one of the rear floor drains and along the frame to the engine compartment. My thoughts were on harness protection from the elements, but in hindsight I was probably overthinking myself into more complications than were needed.
What if I just want to go to one of the Aux switches? Can I do that or do I HAVE to run it to the battery? Looking to stay as simple as possible here since I don’t have ARB lockers.

ccdyer2004

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 & 2020 Jeep Wrangler JL
What if I just want to go to one of the Aux switches? Can I do that or do I HAVE to run it to the battery? Looking to stay as simple as possible here since I don’t have ARB lockers.
I just finished wiring my Twin ARB last night. I used the M.O.R.E. bracket in the back window on the drivers side. I ran all wiring under the seat, through the rear drain plug on the passenger side, up the frame to the engine bay and up to the battery. I wired both the positive cables to the positive post, the negative to the negative post. I put the ground to the ground spots that are there for that and hooked up the purple wire to the Auxiliary 1 wire in the engine bay. Your positive cables and negative cables still have to go to the battery, but you can run your purple wire to an auxiliary switch to use as an on/off for the compressor.

All that being said, maybe there are easier ways to run it but I know just enough to be dangerous about this stuff and I was super excited that it actually turned on and worked when I was done.

I do say thank you to all you guys that post on here, I went through a lot of these threads and it helped a lot. I actually had my sons room mate put in a single in my wife's old Wrangler, I couldn't get together with him so I had to do it myself. If I can do it, anyone can.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Apologies for the delayed response. The forum occasionally doesn't notify me about responses to my posts. I just happened along and saw your question.

The main compressor power cables have to be connected directly to the main battery. The on/off switch is simply a "kicker" that trips a pair of relays integrated into the compressor to flow electrical power through the main power harness. I ran that kicker wire to the on with ignition wire in the factory aux wire bundle behind the glove box. I only want the compressor running with the engine, so as to not drag the batteries down too far. Also, using the arb switch kept the factory aux available for something else.
Sponsored