Arb twin compressor and spod or six switch

Paulocon

First Name
Paulo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler jlur
Hello I’m curious to see if anyone has any problems running the arb twin compressor from a spod.. I hear there was some relay issues...

Also would the one aux switch be able to handle an arb twin compressor ??
Sponsored

bryan8379

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR EcoDiesel
Hello I’m curious to see if anyone has any problems running the arb twin compressor from a spod.. I hear there was some relay issues...

Also would the one aux switch be able to handle an arb twin compressor ??
I wired mine to Aux 4, the aux switch just powers a relay. The compressor gets the power from the battery itself not through the aux switch wires.

OP
OP
Paulocon

Paulocon

First Name
Paulo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler jlur
I wired mine to Aux 4, the aux switch just powers a relay. The compressor gets the power from the battery itself not through the aux switch wires.
sorry for such a new b question... so the six for has a relay?? What is the correct amp needed for the arb twin and what amp rating is
So im assuming the Aux has a relay and the amp fuse necessary for the arb twin?

bryan8379

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR EcoDiesel
sorry for such a new b question... so the six for has a relay?? What is the correct amp needed for the arb twin and what amp rating is

So im assuming the Aux has a relay and the amp fuse necessary for the arb twin?
Do you already have the compressor? ARB has instructions included that shows different ways to wire it up depending on your situation. I used a kit for mounting under the passenger seat and used their method.

IJKP-24 Package Deal with ARB Twin Compressor CKMTA12

https://www.innovativejkproducts.co...ith-arb-twin-compressor-ckmta12-package-deal/

Jeepsk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Power for the twin is run straight to the battery. You run the purple wire in the harness to you AUX switch of choice, it's th on/off wire for the compressor.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Paulocon

Paulocon

First Name
Paulo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler jlur
Power for the twin is run straight to the battery. You run the purple wire in the harness to you AUX switch of choice, it's th on/off wire for the compressor.
But doesn’t amp and relays matter?

Jeepsk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
But doesn’t amp and relays matter?
If you were to run your power through there, which I wouldn't recommend. The twin has a relay built into it, controlled by a switch, in this case your AUX switch. Don't overcomplicate this, run the purple wire to you AUX switch wire, the two thick red wires (each has a 40 amp fuse) and the one thick black wire to the battery. You don't need any of the rest of the wiring harness unless you are running air lockers.

OP
OP
Paulocon

Paulocon

First Name
Paulo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler jlur
If you were to run your power through there, which I wouldn't recommend. The twin has a relay built into it, controlled by a switch, in this case your AUX switch. Don't overcomplicate this, run the purple wire to you AUX switch wire, the two thick red wires (each has a 40 amp fuse) and the one thick black wire to the battery. You don't need any of the rest of the wiring harness unless you are running air lockers.
Got it.. makes sense last couple easy questions!

What about this little black wire?
Jeep Wrangler JL Arb twin compressor and spod or six switch 363ADC88-427E-4C7B-88B8-28284CFD8344

so this wire is trash I’m assuming bc I don’t have lockers..
Jeep Wrangler JL Arb twin compressor and spod or six switch 71003FF9-45DC-4EB7-BEA5-A65AF8BEDC18

if connecting to spod I would do purple to positive and I do see black .. does that go to negative... however to the aux switch just the purple? Also doesn’t the aux switch all have different amp fuse? Does this not matter bc I’m connecting the power straight from battery?

apologize about the annoying questions

Jeepsk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Got it.. makes sense last couple easy questions!

What about this little black wire?
Jeep Wrangler JL Arb twin compressor and spod or six switch 71003FF9-45DC-4EB7-BEA5-A65AF8BEDC18

so this wire is trash I’m assuming bc I don’t have lockers..

if connecting to spod I would do purple to positive and I do see black .. does that go to negative... however to the aux switch just the purple? Also doesn’t the aux switch all have different amp fuse? Does this not matter bc I’m connecting the power straight from battery?

apologize about the annoying questions
No worries, it can be confusing. The smaller black wire would have been used to illuminate the light in the switch ARB included when you turned it on. So no, that is not used if you're going to a SPOD switch or AUX switch. Maybe we need to clarify AUX switch. I have the factory installed AUX switches, think of them like a SPOD but with only 4 positions. Those switches are rated at either 15 or 40 amps depending on which switch we are talking about. On an SPOD I believe the switches control relays for a certain rating. The ARB twin has it's own power relay, so when you throw the switch to turn it on it only requires a small amount of current to make that relay close. So the amp requirement is very low at the AUX switch / SPOD position. The power relay on board the compressor is taking all the current to the pumps from the battery.

Take the purple wire and connect it to whichever switch position ( AUX / SPOD ) you like. No need for a separate ground. Thick red wires and thick black wire to the battery.

OP
OP
Paulocon

Paulocon

First Name
Paulo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler jlur
No worries, it can be confusing. The smaller black wire would have been used to illuminate the light in the switch ARB included when you turned it on. So no, that is not used if you're going to a SPOD switch or AUX switch. Maybe we need to clarify AUX switch. I have the factory installed AUX switches, think of them like a SPOD but with only 4 positions. Those switches are rated at either 15 or 40 amps depending on which switch we are talking about. On an SPOD I believe the switches control relays for a certain rating. The ARB twin has it's own power relay, so when you throw the switch to turn it on it only requires a small amount of current to make that relay close. So the amp requirement is very low at the AUX switch / SPOD position. The power relay on board the compressor is taking all the current to the pumps from the battery.

Take the purple wire and connect it to whichever switch position ( AUX / SPOD ) you like. No need for a separate ground. Thick red wires and thick black wire to the battery.
So good. Thanks for your thorough explanation and patience. Can’t wait to install this weekend!

Sponsored

IceBerg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XR 392
Depending on where you are putting your compressor you do not need to run your ground wire to the battery. Just properly ground it out to the frame. There is no need to run a wire back to the battery.

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
This thread was very helpful to me when i installed the ARB compressor in my Jeep so thanks to everyone who participated.

I have a question. I have the Air up/down system so do all 4 tires at the same time, but i also want to get a single hose for airing up other vehicles. What kind of hose/fitting would y'all recommend?
Sponsored