Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.swissjeepjl.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon - Hella Yella - 2.2 Diesel
Vehicle Showcase
Good morning everyone,

For those who followed Kevin (Jeep Generation) excellent video on how to modify the original ARB wiring to use the compressor only for inflation, I allow myself to put one more piece of information.

In his video he explains that it is necessary to bridge on a wire which is at the level of the connector of the door in order to have a 12 volts after the key (ACC or RUN).
As I decided to mount my compressor (yesterday) under the passenger seat, I had to look for such a wire under the seat.

My picture shows just the wire (pink/yellow) I used, it's a 12 volts with only the ignition on ACC or RUN, without the compressor can't be turned on.

Ma photo.jpg
Sponsored

MSparks909

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 3.0
Will the MORE mount work with a soft top? New to JLs and have a JLUR soft top on order. Trying to do some research while I wait on it’s arrival. Thanks!

Scoobyj

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Audi A4, 2006 Dodge Durango, 2020 JLR 2 Door Sting Grey
Will the MORE mount work with a soft top? New to JLs and have a JLUR soft top on order. Trying to do some research while I wait on it’s arrival. Thanks!
Yes it will. I used the bracket for the 2 door soft top. You need to remove the soft window on the driver side and the plastic window mounting bracket that covers the forward mounting hole. Drill a hole in the bottom of that bracket to allow space for the mounting bolt head. I think the 4 door bracket is similar. There is a thread here somewhere with photos.

PatrickM

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLUR
excellent video. I have the aux switches which include two un-switched cables; one of which is on with the ignition...which is what I used. Makes wiring very easy

Sponsored

MSparks909

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 3.0
Have an ARB Dual Compressor/MORE mount on the way for my 392XR. Can you wire the purple wire to Aux 3 or 4 (15A) or do you have to wire it to Aux 1 or 2 (40A)? And I’m assuming whatever Aux wire I use has to have the ignition on to get power correct? Forgive the noob wiring questions.

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
Have an ARB Dual Compressor/MORE mount on the way for my 392XR. Can you wire the purple wire to Aux 3 or 4 (15A) or do you have to wire it to Aux 1 or 2 (40A)? And I’m assuming whatever Aux wire I use has to have the ignition on to get power correct? Forgive the noob wiring questions.
Yes, the purple wire triggers a relay and is very low amp draw so 3 or 4 is fine. I don't have the aux switches but I believe they can be configured through your radio, to be either ignition only or always hot.

Recon23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wrangler Rubicon Recon
Hi guys. Thank you for the awesome instructional video. I am currently in the process of installing an arb twin on an 813 fab under seat bracket. I am trying to follow the video as closely as I can. I plan to run the purple trigger wire to the aux switches.

I had two questions possibly for jeep generation or anyone who has already tried this

1. For the heavy red and black cables to the battery what gauge was the wire you ran? Maybe I missed that point.

2. There is a small black wire that comes out of the compressor in the same connector as the large battery ground. What is that for and is it needed? Can it we wired in with the large battery cable to form one or should it be separate. I thought it may be to ground the ARB switch and if so maybe I didn't need it. I don't see that one mentioned.
Sponsored