Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase

ARB Twin On-Board Air Compressor CKMA12 with Mountain Off-Road Enterprises (M.O.R.E.) bracket ARB18.

Hope this helps others with their install. The compressor on the bracket is the easy part. The wiring is most of the video.

https://www.arbusa.com/air-compressor...
https://mountainoffroad.com/collectio...
Another quality video, good work. Also gave me an idea on where to run my wires next time i have a project to do lol. I ran mine up through the side cowling, sealed it up then down the door channel. Pain...in...the...ass

RonAZ

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Instead of running wires outside on the passenger side, could they follow the same route as the ignition wire and out through the clutch hole and across the firewall to the battery? I have auto trans. They would be out of the elements all the way then.

OP
OP
Jeep Generation

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 JK Willys, 1999 TJ Sport, 1966 CJ5-A
Instead of running wires outside on the passenger side, could they follow the same route as the ignition wire and out through the clutch hole and across the firewall to the battery? I have auto trans. They would be out of the elements all the way then.
I have seen people run that way in the forums. I have a clutch, so it was not an option for me. The MORE bracket instructions say to go the way I went, that is where I got the idea.

RonAZ

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I'm waiting on the MORE bracket. I finished the electrical today and ran the wires the way you did. Under seat was probably the hardest part for me. Thanks alot for the video!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jeep Generation

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
I'm waiting on the MORE bracket. I finished the electrical today and ran the wires the way you did. Under seat was probably the hardest part for me. Thanks alot for the video!
Glad it helped out.

JoshH

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR

ARB Twin On-Board Air Compressor CKMA12 with Mountain Off-Road Enterprises (M.O.R.E.) bracket ARB18.

Hope this helps others with their install. The compressor on the bracket is the easy part. The wiring is most of the video.

Great video, I want to follow your process installing my ARB. I was curious what gauge the the smaller wires in the first harness are and what size of wire loom you were using so that I can get the supplies ready while waiting for my compressor. Thank you.

OP
OP
Jeep Generation

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Great video, I want to follow your process installing my ARB. I was curious what gauge the the smaller wires in the first harness are and what size of wire loom you were using so that I can get the supplies ready while waiting for my compressor. Thank you.
Thank you. The first harness is a modified ARB harness that comes with your compressor. I think the wires that they used were 18. I just added the 16 to reach the front of the jeep. Their wires I basically just cut shorter and re-wired it all up for the switch. Then I used 3/8 braid for both the switch and power harness. A bit tight for the power harness, but it did work. Good luck. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Reactions: PSI

Wyle E Coyote

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon

Excellent post! Can you post or PM me where you picked up the large AWG primary wires, engine loom tape and other misc parts. Looks like you do mil-spec work. I like it!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jeep Generation

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Excellent post! Can you post or PM me where you picked up the large AWG primary wires, engine loom tape and other misc parts. Looks like you do mil-spec work. I like it!
Hi Mark,
Here is a break down of the items i used to made the harness from the battery to the compressor connector.

- The wire is Marine Grade Primary Wire and Battery Cable that I got from Ancor on Amazon.
- The tape was Tesa 51026 Highest Quality Heat Proof Engine Compartment Wiring Tape.
- The Expandable Braided Loom, I got a while back in a big roll. I use it for a lot of stuff. I just used it to fix up my wife's phone charger with it. I got it from Alex Tech on Amazon. They have different colors, sizes and types. This install, I used the 3/8 braid for both the switch and power harness. A bit tight for the power harness, but it did work. I tend to buy stuff in larger quantities, because I use them for multiple projects. If it gets to hot with the heat gun it will melt. So people careful when you shrink wrap the ends. You can buy stuff with a higher heat rating also.
- Delphi Metri-Pack 280 Series Female Terminal 10-12 GA to remade the plug connections.
- I have the Glarks 65Pcs Assorted Heavy Duty Wire Lugs Battery Cable Tinned Copper Eyelets Tubular SC Ring Terminals Connectors, so I used those for my battery posts.
- Various sizes of shrink wrap with the glue inside. Both red and black colors.
- Plus soldering supplies.

Let me know if this helped out or if you have any other questioned.

Big Husky

First Name
Dalton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Photographer
This is my altered ARB diagram of the ARB Single Air Compressor to be wired up to the Rubicon auxiliary switch.

ARB sac.jpg

Last edited:

PSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XXXXXX 2020 JL Rubicon 3.6
On the M.O.R.E. Bracket, when I remove the top, the compressor (30 lbs) is hanging by a 1/8” stud at the bottom.

Any ideas of keeping it from moving until I get the roof bolts back in? Foam tape?

OP
OP
Jeep Generation

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
On the M.O.R.E. Bracket, when I remove the top, the compressor (30 lbs) is hanging by a 1/8” stud at the bottom.

Any ideas of keeping it from moving until I get the roof bolts back in? Foam tape?
I saw someone put a rivet on the top of theirs. It was on the forums somewhere. I've removed my top several times with no issues of damage while it sites there until I get the bolt back in.
Sponsored