First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Clubs

All -

Researching compressor mounting options and I keep coming back to the product that mounts the dual ARB unit in the rear storage compartment (with the connections remote up along the side behind the C post of the roll bar). For now im thinking the ARB single unit is more applicable to my needs. Im sure I could conjure up a method to adapt that dual mount unit to the single...but im wondering if a product exists that is geared more towards the single for that area. I remain open to other suggestions as well.

Thanks for looking.
Sponsored

DrJoeSchmoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR and a 2015 JK
All -

Researching compressor mounting options and I keep coming back to the product that mounts the dual ARB unit in the rear storage compartment (with the connections remote up along the side behind the C post of the roll bar). For now im thinking the ARB single unit is more applicable to my needs. Im sure I could conjure up a method to adapt that dual mount unit to the single...but im wondering if a product exists that is geared more towards the single for that area. I remain open to other suggestions as well.

Thanks for looking.
Bumping this because I have the same exact question. I have the twin, but I had an extra single comp that I want to install on my sister's new JL.

Here's the one I think I'm going to get -

Last edited:

redracer

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4xe Rubicon
Bumping this because I have the same exact question. I have the twin, but I had an extra single comp that I want to install on my sister's new JL.

Here's the one I think I'm going to get -
I picked up the ACM Mount and an ARB single. The install is pretty straight forward. My only problem with this spot is that it is near the exhaust cat. So, after installing it once, I went by my local auto parts store and picked up some heat shielding material, unmounted it, pinched the material between the compressor and mount on one side, and zip tied the material to the air reservoir (covering the zip tie with another piece of shielding) to cover and protect the compressor.

IMG_20200827_184958.jpg

IMG_20200827_185014.jpg

Cthehentz

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I installed mine in the cargo are using the M.O.R.E bracket, I really didn't want it in the engine compartment nor the back storage cubby. Under the seat is another great option.

IMG_6321.jpeg

Sponsored

OP
OP
xaugievike

xaugievike

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Clubs

Alright - the single is on order and the rusty's storage compartment solution arrived today (hat tip to Spurly) on that.

So on to thinking about how im going to wire this up. Thinking I may just use one of the Aux switches - I doubt I'll use many of those (for now) anyway....but I can be swayed.

Any wiring advice (particularly the route to run the wiring) is appreciated - full disclosure I havent put my eyes on that end of this equation quite yet.

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
I'd probably mount a switch somewhere in the back near 12v outlet. Somewhere out of the way so any cargo won't bump the switch. But you should be able to run power wires under the carpet from the front to keep everything hidden.

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
A year ago, I pretty much followed this tube video installation and have had no issues. BTW good choice not putting it under the hood.

Wasn't an advisable location according to ARB.

Cthehentz

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Alright - the single is on order and the rusty's storage compartment solution arrived today (hat tip to Spurly) on that.

So on to thinking about how im going to wire this up. Thinking I may just use one of the Aux switches - I doubt I'll use many of those (for now) anyway....but I can be swayed.

Any wiring advice (particularly the route to run the wiring) is appreciated - full disclosure I havent put my eyes on that end of this equation quite yet.
I ordered a power cable extension and ran it up throughout the frame then ran a separate signal wire to the switches. The power cable extension was a direct plug and play off eBay for under $20.

OP
OP
xaugievike

xaugievike

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Clubs

Alright guys...I need to ask your help on wiring my single as Im a bit ahead of my ski's on this.

Im thinking I want to use one of my Aux switches to fire this thing up...as of now I dont see my ultimate build necessitating all of those switches, so I may as well use one for this.

im just not sure which wire I need to send to that switch and thus I seek your help....Diagram attached, I appreciate your guidance.

my thought was that in addition to needing a "T" fitting for the pressure switch and quick connect chuck, that I need to send the red from the isolation switch to one of the aux wires. but again...im a bit ahead of myself here...but I may as well learn now. thanks large for your input.

Jeep Wrangler JL ARB Single mount options ARB Diagram

Sponsored

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
I'd run it off one of the 40A aux circuits. Easy with the single as it can run off one of them, the dual you need more power.

I'd get some good 10 or 8 gauge wire and come from the aux under the glovebox.

Read the Mopar instructions for the trailer wiring install to get hints how to run the wiring to the back route wise.

I would keep all the wiring internal and not go under to the frame rails.

You can also put a 2nd switch at the back so you turn on the aux, go to the back, turn on the 2nd switch.

As you are using the Aux as the input just jump off that to the switch input as well.

OP
OP
xaugievike

xaugievike

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Clubs

I'd run it off one of the 40A aux circuits. Easy with the single as it can run off one of them, the dual you need more power.

I'd get some good 10 or 8 gauge wire and come from the aux under the glovebox.

Read the Mopar instructions for the trailer wiring install to get hints how to run the wiring to the back route wise.

I would keep all the wiring internal and not go under to the frame rails.

You can also put a 2nd switch at the back so you turn on the aux, go to the back, turn on the 2nd switch.

As you are using the Aux as the input just jump off that to the switch input as well.
Are you saying to run the main hot to the aux switch?

I thought the mains had to go to the battery (meaning I'd have to route the wiring out to the frame.

The relay just needs a "switch" to activate the compressor - so my thought was just the red that would feed the provided ARB switch (which im not planning to use) would trigger the relay with and since that red comes off the pressure switch it will allow the compressor to cycle on/off.

eck

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU MOAB HellaYella

I thought the mains had to go to the battery (meaning I'd have to route the wiring out to the frame.

The relay just needs a "switch" to activate the compressor - so my thought was just the red that would feed the provided ARB switch (which im not planning to use) would trigger the relay with and since that red comes off the pressure switch it will allow the compressor to cycle on/off.
Correct, you just need the red wired to the aux switch. I have mine on aux 4, you don't need to waste one of the beefier switches on it, it's just control for the relay.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology

The single compressor needs 35A max. You can safely run this off one of Aux1 or Aux2 which are 40A rated.

Run Aux1 or Aux2 to the mains as well as switch input and set it to latched, ignition, and not to remember state in the Uconnect settings.

The dual needs 70A so for it best to run a feed, but it will run off Aux1 + Aux2 (one for each compressor) but that is a hack install.

Cthehentz

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Keep it simple, run your main power feed to the battery using the supplied fuse holder. I ran mine through the frame up to the battery, then use a low amperage switch to activate the compressor, I used #3 but use what ever you want. The only thing I did that was different is ordered a long extension with matching factory plugs to run power from the battery to the compressor.
Sponsored