First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
just looking on any feedback about running a arb classic front bumper on my 2 door sport base model. i know they are heavy bumper and by the time you add a winch the weight will be around 250#. my plans as of now is to run the stock tires till its time to replace them. at that time i'll upgrade to bigger tires. no bigger then 33s. if anything i would consider a spacer lift. nothing major also keeping in mind its my daily driver.

so... my cocerns / questioning are that i think it looks big / heavy for a 2 door. the i dont want to start in with getting the bumper and next thing i know i got to get xyz to fix like sagging, etc. i've seen a couple of guys here that have the bumper on the 4 door jl. i've also seen pic of the arb on jlu running stock tires. it does look big. they are great bumpers and would grab on in a heartbeat. but my mind is telling me to hold on a minute and think the out.

what do you guys think. i am open to suggestions and back to looking at other aftermarket bumpers. exp-one is on top of my list, just not liking he price. (i know, i know)

Jeep Wrangler JL arb front bumper on a 2d sport. 1606344220722
Sponsored

daveprice7

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport 2DR, 2020 Willys 2DR
Occupation
Nerd
That was the bumper I was going to get for my wife's Jeep until I found a bargain on a different full-size steel bumper. That ARB is a nice one, for sure! 2rd Sports can be a bit saggy in the back, have you measured to see if you're low? Adding some weight to the front may even you out. There's always the option of adding a smaller spring spacer to level you out if needed (daystar has a 3/4", teraflex does a 1/2"). You could sit on your bumper (maybe holding a bag of sand if you're skinny like me?) and have someone measure or photo your fender heights before and after to get an idea of what adding a good bit of weight may do.

I added maybe 150lbs or so to the front of my Jeep and it dropped just under 1/2". If you added 250, I'll bet those daystar 3/4" spacers would get you back where you started. You could also hunt around for Rubicon springs.. maybe you could find some from a steel bumper/soft top Rubicon and get a bit of a lift and correct for a heavier bumper at the same time!

OP
OP
cosine

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
@daveprice7 i'll be measuring up the jl and see what i'll end up with. i have a buddy of mine about the same weight. i figured that i'll have to put spacers to level it out.. thanks for the info.

decavolt

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU. Previously: 2016 JK, 1997 TJ.
Late to the party on this one, but I've had the ARB front bumper (without a winch) on my 2-door JK for 5 years with no issues at all. I saw no noticeable change in handling once it was installed, and I've been super happy with it over the years. So much so that I'm going to put one on my new JL.
Sponsored