Sponsored

ARB fridge 37 or 50 quart in JLU

stsdroog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Has anyone tried to mount an ARB fridge (37 or 50 qt) in their JLU? I am looking to install one with the control panel rear gate facing but it looks like it may be a little tight with the rear seat.

Lowering the rear seat or removing it isn't an option for me.
Sponsored

Last edited:

kkuntz01

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab
A month ago I had checked measurements from the rear seat to the top of the rear gate and came up with 29”. Arb is showing the length of both at just under 28”. Both “should” fit in the back, but double check the measurements.

drogers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
A month ago I had checked measurements from the rear seat to the top of the rear gate and came up with 29”. Arb is showing the length of both at just under 28”. Both “should” fit in the back, but double check the measurements.
FWIW, my 37 fit in the back of my JK between the back seats and the tailgate perfectly. The angle of the seat back ensured there’d always be some air space around the vent area back by the power plug too.

Jeepsmashin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
FWIW, my 37 fit in the back of my JK between the back seats and the tailgate perfectly. The angle of the seat back ensured there’d always be some air space around the vent area back by the power plug too.
Pics?

OP
OP
stsdroog

stsdroog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon

I measured about the same (29' passenger side). Drivers side is about 25' with the locking mech for the gate. Drivers side also happens to be the side with the plug. :)

Sponsored

Tintop

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Yes the 50 fits in the JL, but only on the passenger side.

aCeMedic13

First Name
Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
RN/Paramedic
Vehicle Showcase
I have the 50 quart. The rear seat will not lock into place on the driver side due to the small bump indentation on the rear swing gate. The 37 quart is the same size length wise. I can try to take some pics later today... I moved it over to the passenger side.

Not a huge deal for me since I leave the rear seats folded down most the time. But just to leave the back seats ready the fridge is on the passenger side.

knower

First Name
Giuseppe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.wildbreath.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL
Occupation
VFX Artist / Photographer / Cinematographer
Check out the Dometic and the Smittybilt fridges, they are a touch smaller and equally good.

G.

drogers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Check out the Dometic and the Smittybilt fridges, they are a touch smaller and equally good.

G.
Careful though- many of the other ones can be damaged if you have them running while not level. The ARB is better about that, which is one of the reasons I went with if over a cheaper option.

Sponsored

knower

First Name
Giuseppe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.wildbreath.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Not the ones I mentioned. They are good offroad no real difference with the arb.
I bought an arb in my previous rig, but I might get a smittybilt next since it's smaller but same capacity. My friend has a dometic and has been working great too.

Jrbrannan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue 2008 Highlander Hybrid (previously several CJ-7, YJ, TJ, JK)
Vehicle Showcase
Not the ones I mentioned. They are good offroad no real difference with the arb.
I bought an arb in my previous rig, but I might get a smittybilt next since it's smaller but same capacity. My friend has a dometic and has been working great too.
Has anyone compared these to the Yetis? I know apples and oranges but it just seems to me that I can keep ice in a yeti for about a week. I would think that would cover 99% of your needs and no worries about wiring it up.

knower

First Name
Giuseppe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.wildbreath.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Has anyone compared these to the Yetis? I know apples and oranges but it just seems to me that I can keep ice in a yeti for about a week. I would think that would cover 99% of your needs and no worries about wiring it up.
I have used a Yeti cooler for a few years, is great but dealing with Ice is not ideal if you travel for a long time. They are the best coolers, imho.

The ARB fridges and the other good ones can also freeze which is really useful if you have meat with you and you don't want it to go bad.
Ice also takes space and a fridge freezer is a much more useful tool in general if you overland quite a bit.

Yes, they are expensive, but once you get one, you can't do without anymore.

I will never build another overlander vehicle without a real fridge. They also have a standard socket connection, so if is not in the vehicle is in the garage :)

G.

Beowulf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
I have Waeco before Dometic bought them. It is one of the smaller units, the CF25. I wanted the smallest one that meets my week long needs. Not everything I take needs refrigerated. If I want cold drinks I just replace them as I go. I don’t want one that holds 10 Growlers, to then use up all that space and be half empty midway through a trip.

Description 1-Way (12/24V DC, 110V AC)
Total volume (cu ft) .9
Can Capacity (12 Oz.) 27
Dimensions (HxWxD) (in) 16.7 x 10.2 x 21.7
Weight. (lb) 26.5
Power Input 12V/24V DC (W) 35