Sponsored

ARB Dual Air Compressor -- run hoses to each tire or just use one long hose to air each tire up separately?

J0E

First Name
J0e
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bt39.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 05 LJR on 43s
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Drywall construction - reel estate
Does anyone have any experience with both the Innovative AT system vs the Krackenor reviews? I can’t seem to find any and I’m waffling between the two. Wish the Kracken had a pressure gauge…. Wondering if one of you has installed an/or used both.

Innovative AT Products here: https://innovativeatproducts.com/sh...or-jeep-jlu-for-use-with-arb-twin-compressor/

Kracken here: https://epic-4wd.com/en-us/products/epic-kraken-tire-inflation-system-for-jeep-jl-jt
The Innovative AT Products looks like the way to go. I don't want to run my car just to get mediocre at best pressure readings. The lack of a pressure gauge is a huge design flaw. Let us know how you like it.
Sponsored

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

The Innovative AT Products looks like the way to go. I don't want to run my car just to get mediocre at best pressure readings. The lack of a pressure gauge is a huge design flaw. Let us know how you like it.
Wouldn't it be simple to add a pressure gauge to the Kraken if that was deemed to be critical?

Note that I've always run my car Jeep when running the air compressor. I assumed that others do the same so that load isn't being put on the battery alone, but, as always, I could be wrong.

Reactions: J0E

J0E

First Name
J0e
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bt39.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 05 LJR on 43s
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Wouldn't it be simple to add a pressure gauge to the Kraken if that was deemed to be critical?

Note that I've always run my car Jeep when running the air compressor. I assumed that others do the same so that load isn't being put on the battery alone, but, as always, I could be wrong.
You could add a gauge. I don't know anyone who doesn't run their engine while pumping, but it's not necessary. I can inflate all four 37's, front at 13 PSI, rear at 10, to 30 PSI off one 6Ah battery using this pump. Normally I run 4 pumps simultaneously with four 4Ah batteries and they're each 25% drained when finished.

I was very skeptical that you get more reliable pressure readings with the engine running, but after testing a dozen times with the engine off, once I start the engine I get more reliable readings within seconds, but the best readings when I drive a hundred yards. Maybe the engine vibration helps? I've also heard many others report you get much better readings with the engine running, so I no longer doubt it.

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

You could add a gauge. I don't know anyone who doesn't run their engine while pumping, but it's not necessary. I can inflate all four 37's, front at 13 PSI, rear at 10, to 30 PSI off one 6Ah battery using this pump. Normally I run 4 pumps simultaneously with four 4Ah batteries and they're each 25% drained when finished.

I was very skeptical that you get more reliable pressure readings with the engine running, but after testing a dozen times with the engine off, once I start the engine I get more reliable readings within seconds, but the best readings when I drive a hundred yards. Maybe the engine vibration helps? I've also heard many others report you get much better readings with the engine running, so I no longer doubt it.
A couple days ago my TPMS wouldn't register any changes until I cranked up the engine.

J0E

First Name
J0e
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bt39.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 05 LJR on 43s
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
A couple days ago my TPMS wouldn't register any changes until I cranked up the engine.
Yup, I wonder why it's so unreliable without engine running. My guess is the engine vibration.

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

I have the Kraken. Engine running and I look at the psi readings on the dash. Easy peasy. I like being able to hook up all four and climb inside if the weather is pissy. It is self equilibrating as well.
Sponsored