Sponsored

ARB Dual Air Compressor -- run hoses to each tire or just use one long hose to air each tire up separately?

OP
OP

DurangoWino

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Santa Fe and 2023 Rubi XR 4-door
Occupation
Retired
The first "mod" I did on my new Jeep was to install the Innovative AT system under the passenger seat. I decided to go that route to protect the compressor from the intense prolonged heat of the engine compartment. I hadn't done any real wrenching in years, so I was a touch apprehensive as well. I decided to route the power through the firewall, which meant drilling a hole. That was the worst part for me. Just read through the instructions thoroughly first, then take it slow.
Thanks for mentioning the engine heat. I had not even considered that. Looks like under the passenger seat will be my best option.
Sponsored

donmontalvo

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
donmontalvo.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Snazzberry)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase

rdfact

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLURXR, '01 WJ
Has anyone used a Morrflate or similar system with the XR wheels, or similar wheels where the air valve is recessed? I’m wondering if those air chucks will fit.

AD7E9DE7-7133-4C6E-8CEB-9B477B364CFE.jpeg

F06648F1-6C17-4DB9-B5A2-156060AB9C48.jpeg

donmontalvo

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
donmontalvo.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone used a Morrflate or similar system with the XR wheels, or similar wheels where the air valve is recessed? I’m wondering if those air chucks will fit.

Jeep Wrangler JL ARB Dual Air Compressor -- run hoses to each tire or just use one long hose to air each tire up separately? F06648F1-6C17-4DB9-B5A2-156060AB9C48

Jeep Wrangler JL ARB Dual Air Compressor -- run hoses to each tire or just use one long hose to air each tire up separately? F06648F1-6C17-4DB9-B5A2-156060AB9C48
Might reach out to MOORFlate, they'd know.

yokramer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JLR, '13 Juke Nismo, '88 10th Anny RX7
Still waiting on my JLR to show up but my Dad already ordered the Innovate kit with the ARB Twin for me and it showed up last week and its a super nice product and I really like how the compressor mounts under the seat and keeps it protected. And the lines coiled up nicely and went back in the bag which is also super rugged.

Jeep Wrangler JL ARB Dual Air Compressor -- run hoses to each tire or just use one long hose to air each tire up separately? IMG_1820

Sponsored

rdfact

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLURXR, '01 WJ
Might reach out to MOORFlate, they'd know.
I emailed Morrflate and they replied in about 3 hours.
"They will fit! The locking collars will stick out enough that you shouldn’t have any issues disconnecting them."

kjchristopher

First Name
KJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR XR (mine), C6Z, JLUR (wifey), country coach

Jeep Wrangler JL ARB Dual Air Compressor -- run hoses to each tire or just use one long hose to air each tire up separately? IMG_1820

they work fine on mine,

J0E

First Name
J0e
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bt39.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 05 LJR on 43s
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Drywall construction - reel estate
The Kraken system is genius, innovative AT products also make nearly the same mount for under the passenger seat. There are two separate chucks for each side that run a double hose to inflate all four. Grimm off-road makes an inner fender kit that's got a single chuck under the hood. If you have aux switches the wiring isn't too difficult. Or u could always go with the arb portable compressor
The Kraken doesn't have a gauge on the manifold so you never know what your pressure is.

Right now I'm using 4 Ryobi compressors but on my next build I'll add the ARB twin. I'll probably do an axle at a time rather than fooling with 4 lines.

No one has mentioned this, but one advantage of doing all four tires at once is you know they are exactly the same pressure.
Yes, that's a solid 1/1,000th of 1% advantage, or virtually zero advantage. You'll never get them exactly the same because disconnecting doesn't release exactly the same amount of air. If you're doing a lot of wheeling and one or two at a time, PSI's will average out.

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, 2 door Sport S, Mojito!
My background is hiking. Overlanding/off-roading came late in life.

Weight saving is important to me due to my hiking background. I remove the back seats most of the time. I never keep junk in my Jeep. Thereby saving CO2 and saving the planet 😀

I go off-roading and take a compressor.

Note from the photo that the ARB hose is plenty long enough. I pump each tyre for 90 seconds. They are always over inflated by a few PSI so I let out a bit of air. Each tyre therefore takes 2 mins for a total of 8 mins plus the 4 mins or so take take the compressor in and out of my (I Love My Jeep!) Jeep.

So, 12 mins to inflate 4 tyres.

(Note to self. After washing my Jeep, hose the driveway. Happy wife, happy life)

Jeep Wrangler JL ARB Dual Air Compressor -- run hoses to each tire or just use one long hose to air each tire up separately? 20220611_134200

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

The Kraken doesn't have a gauge on the manifold so you never know what your pressure is.

Right now I'm using 4 Ryobi compressors but on my next build I'll add the ARB twin. I'll probably do an axle at a time rather than fooling with 4 lines.

Yes, that's a solid 1/1,000th of 1% advantage, or virtually zero advantage. You'll never get them exactly the same because disconnecting doesn't release exactly the same amount of air. If you're doing a lot of wheeling and one or two at a time, PSI's will average out.
Wondering what you are talking about. "Fooling with 4 lines". I have the ARB twin under pax seat w/Kraken.

Using your on board TPS. Within 1psi... is that close enough?

And for those that don't think it is faster than airing up individual... guess you need to experience it yourself. Funny how some poo poo a system that they have never tried.

Sponsored

donmontalvo

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
donmontalvo.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
And for those that don't think it is faster than airing up individual... guess you need to experience it yourself. Funny how some poo poo a system that they have never tried.
MORRFlate quad hose is a game changer.

Connect the four hoses, start the pump, stop the pump and disconnect the four hoses.

I don’t know a single person who wants to back to a single hose.

smokeythecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Sport 2-door, 2019 Mini Cooper S

No, it's a nice advantage. If you've ever screwed around trying to get each tire to the same pressure (and let's face it, all pressure gages aren't exactly precision instruments) you'd realize it's very convenient. The amount of pressure release when disconnecting is minuscule, and approximately the same for each tire.

J0E

First Name
J0e
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bt39.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 05 LJR on 43s
Build Thread
Link
Occupation

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

that's the problem, as others have reported, its not
Not following you. The Kraken auto equalizes. Are you saying the TPMS on my dash are not accurate?

J0E

First Name
J0e
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bt39.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 05 LJR on 43s
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Not following you. The Kraken auto equalizes. Are you saying the TPMS on my dash are not accurate?
yes
not accurate static
others have reported that
i've confirmed it
Sponsored