Sponsored

ARB Dual Air Compressor -- run hoses to each tire or just use one long hose to air each tire up separately?

Poordad

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Acura TSX, 2015 Chrysler 300s, 2023 JLUR
I always forget not everyone is airing up the same size tire! Mine, for now, are 33’s, so naturally, I will air up quicker than someone with larger tires. Still, for me, I would want a single air line. I am hardly ever in a big hurry while coming off a trail. At 55, I am learning to slow down and try not to rush. My jobs over the last 36 years have always been hurry hurry hurry! Then wait for the next thing then hurry!
Sponsored

JPAloha

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2 door, 2022 JL Rubicon 4xE
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Accredited Financial Planner
Vehicle Showcase
I guess just intimidated by doing it myself.
Fair but it’s quite simple when you break it down. If you haven’t already done so, Watch a few YouTube videos and see what’s involved.
Simplifying a little but:
Bolt compressor to whatever mount you decide.
Add air fittings to the compressor.
Bolt the mount in place.
Add air lines to the fittings and route as needed.
Route wires to the battery and switch.
Power up and listen/observe for leaks, tighten fittings as required.

Obviously each mount requires different steps to bolt it down and different routing of wires.
If you’re worried about dismantling much I’d avoid the under seat mount as the neatest way to route the cables is under the battery tray which is a task in itself. It’s nothing too tricky but it sounds like a lot to do.
Take your time and you’ll get so much satisfaction and confidence from doing it yourself.

JPAloha

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2 door, 2022 JL Rubicon 4xE
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Accredited Financial Planner
Vehicle Showcase
So does the hose that comes with the ARB kit reach all four tires or do you need to buy a separate hose and fittings?
The hose supplied is plenty long enough. You’ll want an attachment that shows the air pressure to make life easier.

Sponsored

wallyrulz

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
I added up the cost of making my own and materials alone came close enough to make the Morrflate the perfect choice. Also, they have enough options that it doesn't matter where you mount it. I would do it again in a heartbeat!

rkwfxd

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 2020 Tahoe 4x4, 2006 Tundra, 1990 964
Occupation
Unemployed
My air chuck is on my front bumper. I install a manifold with a gage and two more chucks. I made my own four tire inflation system. Two air lines with two tire chucks, one for each side. The manifold ensures psi is the same side to side.

Ill never go back to filling one tire at a time again.

donmontalvo

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
donmontalvo.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Snazzberry)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
My air chuck is on my front bumper. I install a manifold with a gage and two more chucks. I made my own four tire inflation system. Two air lines with two tire chucks, one for each side. The manifold ensures psi is the same side to side.

Ill never go back to filling one tire at a time again.
Going to an ARB Dual Compressor mounted under the passenger seat, and using a MORRflate system is a game changer. The time it takes to unpack/repack the four hoses is trivial, the ability to have four equally inflated tires is huge for me.

Using a single hose...well...the inconvenience of having to stoop over at all four tires to check progress, and ending up with four tires that are slighly different pressure, is a PITA.

After a long day on Fins And Things, it makes it easier to be able to hit the bathroom while your tires all fill up at the same time. Ignore the driver's door being shut while the hose was connected. The tires were already aired up and I was in a rush to get a pic.
Jeep Wrangler JL ARB Dual Air Compressor -- run hoses to each tire or just use one long hose to air each tire up separately? 1666315685929

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Going to an ARB Dual Compressor mounted under the passenger seat, and using a MORRflate system is a game changer. The time it takes to unpack/repack the four hoses is trivial, the ability to have four equally inflated tires is huge for me.

Using a single hose...well...the inconvenience of having to stoop over at all four tires to check progress, and ending up with four tires that are slighly different pressure, is a PITA.

After a long day on Fins And Things, it makes it easier to be able to hit the bathroom while your tires all fill up at the same time. Ignore the driver's door being shut while the hose was connected. The tires were already aired up and I was in a rush to get a pic.
Jeep Wrangler JL ARB Dual Air Compressor -- run hoses to each tire or just use one long hose to air each tire up separately? 1666315685929
Current pic? We’re in Moab right now.

donmontalvo

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
donmontalvo.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Snazzberry)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Current pic? We’re in Moab right now.
That was EJS 2022. :)

I'm moving to AZ in the end of March, so I plan to spend more time in Moab.

Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I’ve got an ARB dual and I’ve done it with a single hose and with my 4 tire inflation system on 35s and 37s. The 4 tire inflator is unquestionably faster and easier. Significantly.

smokeythecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Sport 2-door, 2019 Mini Cooper S
I guess just intimidated by doing it myself.
The first "mod" I did on my new Jeep was to install the Innovative AT system under the passenger seat. I decided to go that route to protect the compressor from the intense prolonged heat of the engine compartment. I hadn't done any real wrenching in years, so I was a touch apprehensive as well. I decided to route the power through the firewall, which meant drilling a hole. That was the worst part for me. Just read through the instructions thoroughly first, then take it slow.

Last edited:

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

I DIY installed an ARB twin w/Kraken system under the pax seat. Very clean once installed and not difficult to do. Benefits, first two previously mentioned…

1. Faster inflate… set up all four and go do something else
2. Auto equalizes pressure for all four tires
3. Includes custom wire harness that routes from battery thru frame rail
4. Does not use up Aux switch
5. Port at both driver/pax door allows shorter hoses that don’t touch the ground
6. Quick release chucks
7. Self coiling hoses and convenient storage bag where my deflators also live
8. Cool factor :rock:

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I can also confirm that the ARB hose is long enough to comfortably reach all 4 tires. My knees prefer my using the SpeedFlate 4-tire manifold assembly. Since my compressor is in the cargo area, I can just sit there and wait for the gage to hit the happy point. This setup uses coiled hoses, which makes them easier to deploy and put away in the included duffel bag without tangling. It also keeps them out of the mud when hooked up.

Jeep Wrangler JL ARB Dual Air Compressor -- run hoses to each tire or just use one long hose to air each tire up separately? 20220602_131354
Jeep Wrangler JL ARB Dual Air Compressor -- run hoses to each tire or just use one long hose to air each tire up separately? 20220602_131927
Jeep Wrangler JL ARB Dual Air Compressor -- run hoses to each tire or just use one long hose to air each tire up separately? 20220602_132011
Jeep Wrangler JL ARB Dual Air Compressor -- run hoses to each tire or just use one long hose to air each tire up separately? 20220602_132657

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

A four hose system may (or may not...) be a little quicker in inflating the 4 tires over one at a time, but not much faster. Take into account how long it will take to put your octopus of air lines away. Personally, I would put the money saved towards something more useful.
Octopus of air lines?

My first compressor was a Smittybilt. That single, long, twisted, yellow beast was a royal pain in the ass to put away. And, of course, you had to drag it through the mud while going from tire to tire.

The lines with the Kraken, on the other hand, are small, straight, the ideal length (they don't even touch the muddy ground), and quickly slip into the compact bag.
Sponsored