Sponsored

ARB Dual Air Compressor - HOW DID YOU RUN THE WIRES?!!!

Titan2727

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
  • Banned
Installing tomorrow...anyone did self install? Curious as to how anyone ran the wires through the interior. Hooking up directly to battery all out of aux switches on the bank - do I have to drill hole in body tub to run the wires to battery?!
Sponsored

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
Installing tomorrow...anyone did self install? Curious as to how anyone ran the wires through the interior. Hooking up directly to battery all out of aux switches on the bank - do I have to drill hole in body tub to run the wires to battery?!
Would probably help to know how and where you are mounting. For example the MORE mount has instructions online that tells you how with their mount.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
I ran mine and all the details in my build thread. However I mounted in the engine bay BUT on both sides of the rig there are 2 plugs that you can run wires from engine through the firewall. No drilling necessary.

For me I ran all the wires to the battery. Big + and - go directly to the battery + and -. The other loom I only used the purple wire that went to aux switch 3 right by the fuse box and then there is also a negative "nut" right there for the small black wire from that loom. Nothing else to connect.

OP
OP
Titan2727

Titan2727

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
  • Banned
Would probably help to know how and where you are mounting. For example the MORE mount has instructions online that tells you how with their mount.
Have link? That's how I mounting

OP
OP
Titan2727

Titan2727

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
  • Banned
I ran mine and all the details in my build thread. However I mounted in the engine bay BUT on both sides of the rig there are 2 plugs that you can run wires from engine through the firewall. No drilling necessary.

For me I ran all the wires to the battery. Big + and - go directly to the battery + and -. The other loom I only used the purple wire that went to aux switch 3 right by the fuse box and then there is also a negative "nut" right there for the small black wire from that loom. Nothing else to connect.
How can I view your thread...I mounting in back with m.o.r.e. mount. Just want to check your out for whatever it's worth

Thanks!

Sponsored

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
Have link? That's how I mounting
I’m computer illiterate. Sorry. It’s a pdf you can get to from MORES website. I read them once and if I remember right they said where there was a plug in the floor under the carpet to run the wires.

OP
OP
Titan2727

Titan2727

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
  • Banned
How can I view your thread...I mounting in back with m.o.r.e. mount. Just want to check your out for whatever it's worth

Thanks!
Hooked everything up but no success. Did you use the diode wires?? I didnt...says I have to hook those diodes up to wire ignition and one to dash illumination which I didnt think i had to, thought diodes were for locker wiring. I'm guessing I have to wire the diodes?? I'm all out of switches on my bank this sucks. Where can I find an ignition wire and a dash illumination? Stressed out!!

OP
OP
Titan2727

Titan2727

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
N
Hooked everything up but no success. Did you use the diode wires?? I didnt...says I have to hook those diodes up to wire ignition and one to dash illumination which I didnt think i had to, thought diodes were for locker wiring. I'm guessing I have to wire the diodes?? I'm all out of switches on my bank this sucks. Where can I find an ignition wire and a dash illumination? Stressed out!!
Nevermind, it's all wired correctly just need to connect the ignition diode wire..doing it tomorrow, running three seperate 4 and 6 gauge wire through tight spots is exhausting:facepalm:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Titan2727

Titan2727

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
So I'm all set up and running the ARB Dual. Anyone know if it's ok to put a small online regulator on the air line? Not using a tank just direct from unit. The unit shuts down @ 150psi however most accessories(blowgun, etc) say max 80(ish) psi. Was thinking of using regulator to control air output accordingly. Any thoughts?!