Sponsored

ARB Compressor inner fender mount questions.

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
I'm seriously considering using the Grimm Off-Road ARB Twin Compressor mount. My question is: How many have used a mount similar to this? I'm worried about the head from the exhaust, but this mount comes with a heat shield. Also, worried about the dirt, and other nasty that may get on it? Would hate to spend almost $800 for compressor and mount then have problems shortly after doing it like the compressor fittings melting, or too much dust and water getting on, and making not work.
Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, too many what-ifs for the sake of whoevers sitting in the vehicle not hearing it. I opted for the MORE cargo mount and arb twin package from Northridge 4x4. It's mounted and just needs wiring once the power harness extensible comes in.

Another issue with the fender location is for those who have or are planning on aftermarket high clearance fender liners. I've seen pics of relief holes being cut in the liner, which kinda defeats the point of them and just worsens the situation for the compressor.

OP
OP
jellis4148

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've considered the MORE mount, but the wiring was my issue. Do they have an extension?

Northridge4x4

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.northridge4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Sahara JKU, 2013 Rubicon JKU
Occupation
Seller of badassery
I can tell you that the testing that went into this is pretty extensive and this compressor is fully submersible with the grimm kit and the relocation of the filters that are just as high as the factory intake.

The aftermarket inner fenders is a very good point and I know Grimm is working on aftermarket inner fenders that will be working with aftermarket fenders and the twin compressor mount.

Sponsored

JeepNut80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR Sting-Gray
Vehicle Showcase
I can tell you that the testing that went into this is pretty extensive and this compressor is fully submersible with the grimm kit and the relocation of the filters that are just as high as the factory intake.

The aftermarket inner fenders is a very good point and I know Grimm is working on aftermarket inner fenders that will be working with aftermarket fenders and the twin compressor mount.
will an sPOD bantam still be able to fit if you have the compressor installed with the Grimm kit? It looks like it goes the in the spot? I have a 20 JLUR.

Northridge4x4

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.northridge4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Sahara JKU, 2013 Rubicon JKU
Occupation
Seller of badassery
will an sPOD bantam still be able to fit if you have the compressor installed with the Grimm kit? It looks like it goes the in the spot? I have a 20 JLUR.

an spod version is in the works.

SteadyC

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLS
I have one mounted in this location for 2 years, 2 winters, 2 trips to Moab, Ouray CO, lots of wheeling front range mountains like Breckinridge, no issues thus far. As far as the location is concerned. My bracket was made by a forum member here, not a brand name. I have DV8 inner fenders too, no fitment issues or issues as the fenders have lots of holes. I can’t speak to this brand and it’s fitment, though, but it can work. And I don’t have fancy filter relocation or heat shields. ;) I think it really depends on size of tires you need to air up, I have 33’s, i have never had overheating issues filling my tires, bugger tires and maybe the compressor will heat up and shut off. But as far as the location and the elements, Ihavent had any issues.

was reading another thread on this, here is an option, up high, varozza4x4.com.

here’s the thread and this person said this Grimm doesn’t work with aftermarket fenders. not sure why but I can’t paste, search for thread called “Mounting ARB Air Compressor” and go to page 26.

Jeep Wrangler JL ARB Compressor inner fender mount questions. 0A8F83E7-6BD0-4A17-A0DA-2A2D5A378F9F

Last edited:

JeepNut80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR Sting-Gray
Vehicle Showcase
an spod version is in the works.
ok but can I fit an sPod and this mount with with the ARB twin compressor at the same time? it looks like its using the same mounting position where the sPod is typically mounted.

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
I'm seriously considering using the Grimm Off-Road ARB Twin Compressor mount. My question is: How many have used a mount similar to this? I'm worried about the head from the exhaust, but this mount comes with a heat shield. Also, worried about the dirt, and other nasty that may get on it? Would hate to spend almost $800 for compressor and mount then have problems shortly after doing it like the compressor fittings melting, or too much dust and water getting on, and making not work.

I am just finishing up the Grimm Off-Road kit W/ARB Twin Compressor and have to say it is a well thought-out kit. The air filters are moved up to top of the engine compartment mounted inside the fender and Grimm also includes a heat shield for the ARB Twin. As for the heat shielding, since I live in Hells Acres (AZ desert) I added some additional heat shielding to both the Grimm heat shield and also installed sleeve heat shielding over the air lines.

Install note: When I went to mount the Grimm fender mount (with switch & air lines/filters) the windshield washer lines were pushed hard against the edge of the bracket-an easy fix to pop the push-pin holding the lines to the OEM bracket out and using a small tool bend the OEM bracket down for additional clearance and reinstall the push-pin/washer lines.

With the fender already removed, thought I would use the opportunity to re-torque everything on the front end as well as run power cables for the two new JL Audio amps...A complete audio & interior upgrade will soon begin...

Jeep Wrangler JL ARB Compressor inner fender mount questions. IMG_2065

Sponsored

OP
OP
jellis4148

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did they get back to you?
Yeah, don’t think it’s going to work. Guess I’m stuck with stock inner fenders since I want to mount my compressor in that spot.

traxtion

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Manual Rubicon
Yeah, don’t think it’s going to work. Guess I’m stuck with stock inner fenders since I want to mount my compressor in that spot.
Don’t think as in they told you no? Or would you need to cut holes somewhere?

crbrenny

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Sting Grey; 2021 JLR Gecko
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
They confirmed it will not fit?

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
I have the Grimm kit and have had no issues. I’m concerned about the heat, so I bought an additional heat shield (the dimpled silver kind) and riveted it on to the one already included.
Sponsored