ARB Bondi deluxe bumper - lights question

refereechad

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubi, 2021 Grand Cherokee, 2020 Corvette
I looked through the forum posts and couldn't find this addressed on anything, so I figured I'd start a new post.

I have ordered an ARB Bondi deluxe bumper for my JL Rubi and saw on their website some lights out toward the edge and under the bumper. I'm including a photo for reference.

My question is: Is this something that was custom done or do the bumpers come with this light mounting location already cut out? Can't seem to find any information on lights that people have installed in this location which makes me believe that this may have been something that was custom. This photo is directly from the ARB website.

Jeep Wrangler JL ARB Bondi deluxe bumper - lights question Inkedarb_bondi_light_LI
Sponsored

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon
I have that bumper (really like it) and also saw that picture. When I called ARB to ask about it, directed the guy to the same picture on their website, he acted like he couldn't see them... Have since read that they were considering it but dropped it for whatever reason. It seems like a great place for rock lights but my bumper does not have anything that looks like a knockout. It would probably be easy to cut with an angle grinder though.

Note: when I bought the bumper I was told they could move the factory fogs into the ARB bumper. When installing it they called to tell me they could NOT use them, so I had them put KCs in instead. I didn't do the install so don't know for certain but be aware they may not be a direct swap.

My biggest gripe is that I assumed they would come out with a matching rear tire carrier like they had for the JK. They haven't yet and I've been told they have no plans to do so.

OP
OP
refereechad

refereechad

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubi, 2021 Grand Cherokee, 2020 Corvette
Thanks for the reply. Sorry for the slow response. I went forward with the Bondi bumper and really like it.

My factory fogs from my JLU worked fine in the bumper. I think I read where the LED lights will work but the standard factory light will not.

Thanks again.

Jeep-JB

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys
I looked through the forum posts and couldn't find this addressed on anything, so I figured I'd start a new post.

I have ordered an ARB Bondi deluxe bumper for my JL Rubi and saw on their website some lights out toward the edge and under the bumper. I'm including a photo for reference.

My question is: Is this something that was custom done or do the bumpers come with this light mounting location already cut out? Can't seem to find any information on lights that people have installed in this location which makes me believe that this may have been something that was custom. This photo is directly from the ARB website.

Jeep Wrangler JL ARB Bondi deluxe bumper - lights question Inkedarb_bondi_light_LI
I had the same questions. I reached out to ARB USA Directly. They said this was something that was custom done. Read, they cut their bumper. IMHO, this image should NOT be used in their official lit as it is a little misleading.

desmo2

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'97 TJ '97-'11. '21 billet silver JLR
Especially on a full length bumper, this would seem to be the #1 place for a rock strike, thus potentially breaking at least the light cover. The cover would need to be recessed to have any chance of survival in a rock crawling environment.

Sponsored

Jeep-JB

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys
I had the same questions. I reached out to ARB USA Directly. They said this was something that was custom done. Read, they cut their bumper. IMHO, this image should NOT be used in their official lit as it is a little misleading.
Here was their response.
Jeep Wrangler JL ARB Bondi deluxe bumper - lights question 1635044969670

weeitsmikelee

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Wrangler392; ‘20 F-Pace; '15 XL883N; '82 CX500
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the reply. Sorry for the slow response. I went forward with the Bondi bumper and really like it.

My factory fogs from my JLU worked fine in the bumper. I think I read where the LED lights will work but the standard factory light will not.

Thanks again.

Any pics?
Sponsored