Sponsored

ARB Bondi Deluxe Bumper as alternative to AEV and others?

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
Ive got mine on the way with LP9’s and a warn winch.

i have to have a bumper thags been crash tested, so my only options were mopar, aev, or arb.
Sponsored

OC4X4

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray JLUR
I installed the the badlands Apex in mine, I actually had to trim and paint the opening of the bumper for the top of the winch, looking back on it, I should’ve done the remote controller mount and put the cover on the bumper for a more sleek look and no trimming involved. The Apex comes with everything needed for remote mounting of it.
Thanks bud. I ended up going with a Warn VR EVO 10S. Perfect fit.

McQueen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone have this bumper installed on their Jeep and happen to be near the Phoenix area? I’m trying to get a look at one of these in person but haven’t been able to find one.

_thewick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Hey peeps!

Like many of you, I've been waiting on the AEV bumpers to arrive. But to my understanding from discussions with AEV during SEMA, they aren't even in production yet so guessing it won't be out till March. Having just picked up my new JL not long ago, I'm not sure if I want to wait till then as that also means I will either have to buy a "temporary" tailgate reinforcement and tire carrier or completely take the spare off since I will be running 37" tires.

After searching for alternatives while trying to comply as much as I can to Australian Design Rules (equivalent to DOT in US), I've basically come decided on either a modular bumper or a full bumper. Any recommendations are welcome of course; but I've been giving the ARB US's Bondi Deluxe Bumper some serious thoughts for the following reasons:

• The bumper looks like a tank! I won't have to worry about stray kangaroos in the middle of the night!
  • Recessed winch. Completely protects and hides it.
  • Has some nice corner lights at the outer corners of the bumper allowing for illumination of turns during those unlit roads.
  • Has a clean look. Also feel like the trend might be going this way from a design perspective? Look at the new Mopar Bumpers and the Land Rover Defender for example?
  • Recovery points are attached directly to frame instead of bumper

Having done some thread searches, I think I've only come across one or two people who have said that they have gone that route. Perhaps there have been more who just hasn't spoken up? @Xzius

So my question is this:

• What are people's thoughts on the bumper? Is it too plain?
  • Is there a better alternative?
  • Build quality?
  • Am I locking myself in since it's not a modular bumper?

Please note that I've just started a new thread here because I was hoping to get more people involved with the discussion which might encompass other bumper ideas.

For reference, I've attached some photos and links. Looking forward to everyone's feedbacks and discussions! And thanks!

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/arb-4x4-jlu-wrangler-build-sema-2019.40941/

New-Style-Mopar-Steel-Front-Bumper-for-JL-and-JLU-Wrangler-780x405.jpg

Jeep Wrangler JL ARB Bondi Deluxe Bumper as alternative to AEV and others? {filename}
What's the bumper in this last picture? Looks like a cleaner version of the stock steel bumper. I'm also looking for something burly but lower-profile.

OP
OP

echo17

First Name
Elliott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon - Sting Gray
Vehicle Showcase
What's the bumper in this last picture? Looks like a cleaner version of the stock steel bumper. I'm also looking for something burly but lower-profile.
That’s the second version of the mopar bumper. But it isn’t modular.

Sponsored

Jeep-JB

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys
I was wondering if anyone has put the bondi deluxe on a sport s. I reached out to quadratec and they said it would fit but the arb says it will only fit with the rubicon fenders. Has anyone tested this. TIA
I did. It was/is tight. It is just until I get my after-market fenders. Officially NOT supported but it fits.

Jeep Wrangler JL ARB Bondi Deluxe Bumper as alternative to AEV and others? {filename}

Capt Milks

First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
I just finished installing this bumper (ARB Bondi delux 3450460). It was a pretty easy install even by myself. The way the winch plate mounts prior to the bumper is very helpful if installing the bumper with limited help. Everything lined up well and looks good. The fenders do slightly contact the fenders in a small section, (Rubicon 4xe), but no biggie. (I could have shimmed the bottom bolts but didn't want to do that) I like the integrated skid plate but will be adding another to fully cover the sway bar disconnect. The factory one will work if you do not want to spend more money.
I do not know how well this will hold up on the trail but for the light stuff it will do well and the winch platform couldn't be better. All in all I am very happy with the application and looks.

Reactions: LCW

Jdt589

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlu Sahara
I did. It was/is tight. It is just until I get my after-market fenders. Officially NOT supported but it fits.

I have 2019 Sahara I’d love to put this bumper on. I have painted fenders and no plans to change out. I’m thinking this would be the same as installing on a Sport model. thoughts on if I should proceed or will I likely damage my fenders initially or overtime? I just love the look and quality of this bumper!

Jdt589

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlu Sahara
That bumper looks awesome. I have a Sahara but believe I’ll have fender issue as well. Did you ever get the higher fenders? I want to make this bumper work but no plans for new fenders so wondering what kind of long term issues I may face??

Sponsored

Rubigone

First Name
Marvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
That bumper looks awesome. I have a Sahara but believe I’ll have fender issue as well. Did you ever get the higher fenders? I want to make this bumper work but no plans for new fenders so wondering what kind of long term issues I may face??
I’ve been running this bumper for about 6 months now, no issues so far other than some suspension sag due to the weight of the bumper, nothing major. You’re putting some upwards pressure on the fenders, so the plastic mounting points will experience some pressure and they might flex a bit. They only cost a couple of dollars to replace so i wouldn’t worry too much.

Capt Milks

First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
I do not think the amount they hit would creat any problems. Thought about trimming then, less than a dime size, but haven't done it. I do have the Rubicon so the fenders are higher than a regular Wrangler.

Xfontanax

First Name
Grady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler Rubicon
Jeep Wrangler JL ARB Bondi Deluxe Bumper as alternative to AEV and others? 9452E6F9-538E-46FC-A2C3-CF7015EFE7BD

Been running this bumper for about two years now. Lots of rubbing on the bumper when sway bar is disconnected and fully flexed. Especially ever since I installed new control arms. I have a teraflex lift, and I was told by them it’s a bump stop issue. I haven’t extended the bump stops yet (currently have the teraflex bump stops that came with the kit), but was wondering if anyone with had any success with bigger bump stops. I’m half tempted to just trim the bumper instead of larger bump stops, but thought I’d check others experiences.
Sponsored

Last edited: