Sponsored

ARB Bondi Deluxe Bumper as alternative to AEV and others?

FitBliss

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Limited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
How does the lift fix it? A taller lift utilizing the same tires and same amount of bumpstop will still hit in the same places. It just has to travel a little bit more to hit it.

Options to fix are increased bumpstop or cutting of conflicting parts. Lift height won’t do it.
Right, the travel will be enough to clear in most cases unless you are at full flex on a trail, the edge that is hits is extremely close to clearing it as is. Personally this bumper is marketed as an Overlanding setup, not a rock crawler, it is to be expected. ARB and tons of other vendors offer bumpers that are not mid width that are intended for crawling them rocks and getting full articulation but you lose the fog light mounts and the lines that connect with the fenders. I wanted to list this info for others who plan on getting it & what "I PLAN ON DOING", allot of the advertisements about this bumper are not as it arrives. They said it works 37's and while it does it can rub. There are supposed to be brackets for the fog lights but they only work with the Australian fog lights that are different from the ones in the states. I overnighted these lights and then came to find that the connectors were different, which was a pain since I already had the Baja fog light kit conversion that uses the stock plugs and even the stock switch to activate the Squadron pro's. I have wired in the ARB Air compressor, squadrons on the A-pillars, and had to rewire the rear backup sensors for the aftermarket bumper in the back, and while I don't shy away from rewiring I ended up making custom brackets from a combination of the ones that came with the baja kit and ARB bumper. There are supposed to be cut outs for rigid lights that point down in front of each wheel, these cut outs are not there at all. So I like to list this kind of stuff for people who are interested in this bumper and what I plan on doing with my build in the future.

IMG_4381.jpg
Sponsored

Dzwart06

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
How mich bump stop do you think you’d need to add to prevent rubbing while in your upward flex? I am running 38x13.5 pats with 4.5” back space on 9” wide rims. It wheels great right now, but they installed all 4 inches of bump stops when they installed the MC 3.5” 6 pack game changer suspension. My goal was is to drop it down to 2 inches of bump stop. I could probably clear only 3”s now with the plastic bumper. If I get an additional inch of clearance, I will be happy

SolarWizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nacho3lJT
Occupation
Owner @ Solar Co
Wait so you’re saying the factory fog lights don’t work and that the punch out for the rock lights is absent ?

FitBliss

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Wait so you’re saying the factory fog lights don’t work and that the punch out for the rock lights is absent ?
Yes, the brackets do not work with the factory lights but you can modify them really easily to make them work with some new screws or welding the connecting points similar to the stock setup. I welded my Baja mount for the factory fogs into the ARB mount. Also no there is no cut outs for the rigid lights, like they show, I could not figure out if you are supposed to cut it out completely etc, was really confusing. I just returned the the rigid flush lights I got.

image5.jpeg

FitBliss

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
How mich bump stop do you think you’d need to add to prevent rubbing while in your upward flex? I am running 38x13.5 pats with 4.5” back space on 9” wide rims. It wheels great right now, but they installed all 4 inches of bump stops when they installed the MC 3.5” 6 pack game changer suspension. My goal was is to drop it down to 2 inches of bump stop. I could probably clear only 3”s now with the plastic bumper. If I get an additional inch of clearance, I will be happy
I run 37x12.5 milestar pat's with the KMC Machete's
Sixe: 17X9
• Bolt Pattern: 5X5
• Offset: -38MM
• Hub Bore: 78.30MM
• Back Spacing: 3.50
my bumpstop is the mopar lift bumpstop kit which has two bump stops one for 37+ and 35's and below I believe all the way to factory 33's I am running the one intended for 37's. I will try to get an exact measurement when I get a chance, but I am just barely touching at a pretty hard flex.

image2.jpeg

Sponsored

N8213

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 4XE, 20 C8, 20 Indian, 55 Studebaker truck
I just installed a bondi deluxed on our 2020 JLUR this weekend. I don't have a winch yet so instructions were a little off but figured it out pretty quickly. Our factor foglights mounted right in - no issue there. No cutting required although the directions have where to cut if you are putting in a larger winch.

I got ours from Quadratec - guessing it was sold and returned since the packaging materials were not in the box as they should have been - very minor scratch on one corner. Only other issue was a few missing bolts but a $5 trip to the hardware store fixed that.

Very pleased overall - bumper is very sturdy.

Attachments

dsundy

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR
I just installed a bondi deluxed on our 2020 JLUR this weekend. I don't have a winch yet so instructions were a little off but figured it out pretty quickly. Our factor foglights mounted right in - no issue there. No cutting required although the directions have where to cut if you are putting in a larger winch.

I got ours from Quadratec - guessing it was sold and returned since the packaging materials were not in the box as they should have been - very minor scratch on one corner. Only other issue was a few missing bolts but a $5 trip to the hardware store fixed that.

Very pleased overall - bumper is very sturdy.
Do you have any pics after the install? Also, did you have a steel or plastic OEM bumper?

I am trying to figure out whether my factory fogs will fit, since the Steel and Plastic have different configs from the factory. I am guessing that's why some folks were able to bolt them in, while others had to make some mods to the brackets.

N8213

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you have any pics after the install? Also, did you have a steel or plastic OEM bumper?

I am trying to figure out whether my factory fogs will fit, since the Steel and Plastic have different configs from the factory. I am guessing that's why some folks were able to bolt them in, while others had to make some mods to the brackets.

Hmm, my picture didn't load properly - trying again. I had the factory plastic bumper with factory led fogs. They attached to a bracket that came with the arb bumper and then bolted right up. Removing the fog light wiring from the old bumper was a PITA, but putting it on the new one was easy.

IMG_1354[1].jpg

NHMojito

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Mojito!
So I did a thing this past weekend, based on all of your inputs in this thread, I installed the ARB bumper on my Sport S. Thanks for all the great tips!

My experience was similar to others. The thing is a behemoth to get mounted so I was glad I had some help. I don’t have a winch yet, so there was no cutting/drilling needed and I too was missing some bolts (also solved by a $5 purchase from the hardware store).

As for the lights, I replaced my factory halogen fog lights with Oracle high performance LED. The Oracle lights were specifically for Rubicon replacement, so they bolted in to this bumper’s mounts perfectly.

Definitely makes a big improvement over the factory plastic!

ADF9077B-04A5-43F1-9DD3-50D79DF39C4C.jpeg

N8213

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I did a thing this past weekend, based on all of your inputs in this thread, I installed the ARB bumper on my Sport S. Thanks for all the great tips!

My experience was similar to others. The thing is a behemoth to get mounted so I was glad I had some help. I don’t have a winch yet, so there was no cutting/drilling needed and I too was missing some bolts (also solved by a $5 purchase from the hardware store).

As for the lights, I replaced my factory halogen fog lights with Oracle high performance LED. The Oracle lights were specifically for Rubicon replacement, so they bolted in to this bumper’s mounts perfectly.

Definitely makes a big improvement over the factory plastic!

Jeep Wrangler JL ARB Bondi Deluxe Bumper as alternative to AEV and others? ADF9077B-04A5-43F1-9DD3-50D79DF39C4C
looks great - Mojito was the other color besides Bikini that we really liked!

Sponsored

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
anyone have any issues with the drive with the weight? Anyone measure how much it dropped their front?

Good looking bumper.

N8213

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
anyone have any issues with the drive with the weight? Anyone measure how much it dropped their front?

Good looking bumper.
It's a wrangler - you're already driving a pretty heavy brick. I guess you are adding a fair amount of weight pretty far from center mass, but again its a big brick so its not like I'm burning up the backroads in the JL(My C8 is good for that!!).

I can't say I noticed any difference from a handling perspective after installing the ARB bumper.

I did not measure height before/after so can't comment on that.

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
It's a wrangler - you're already driving a pretty heavy brick. I guess you are adding a fair amount of weight pretty far from center mass, but again its a big brick so its not like I'm burning up the backroads in the JL(My C8 is good for that!!).

I can't say I noticed any difference from a handling perspective after installing the ARB bumper.

I did not measure height before/after so can't comment on that.
i guess i meant more front end bounce or float; hut doesnt sound like you noticed anything.

that bumper with a winch is adding 150lb+ right to the nose of the jeep....i guess the price you pay for having something that can actually take an animal strike.

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
Drive is awesome. my rear is stock right now. they are 315/70R17's so more like 34.5". I just added the ARB lookalike driving lights from Nilight and like the setup a lot. To be honest, I didn't even think about the weight when adding the bumper..!!

Jeep Wrangler JL ARB Bondi Deluxe Bumper as alternative to AEV and others? ADF9077B-04A5-43F1-9DD3-50D79DF39C4C
Could you measure the spacing distance between the light mounting tabs please? trying to see how much space is between them.

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler sport S ecodiesel
I was wondering if anyone has put the bondi deluxe on a sport s. I reached out to quadratec and they said it would fit but the arb says it will only fit with the rubicon fenders. Has anyone tested this. TIA
Sponsored