ARB air compressor mount question

FRV

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Suburban 4x4, 2021 JLU Rubicon
You powered your compressor from AUX4? Good luck. Aux 1 or 2 will work for a single, but not 3 or 4. And for a winch to work from Aux switches it has to be toy car winch :), unless you meant control the relay for the winch. And if latter is true, than why do you need 40 amp switch to control a relay?
Why so snarky? There are a number of different ways to approach this mod. There is no one way. I’m just sharing what worked for me. My single works perfect off aux four. I used the ACM bracket in the wheel well with the remote chuck. I slipped a short section of bicycle inner tube over the chuck to keep it clean of mud. I might sew the open end of it up to close it off.

My ARB single HO compressor has a relay for the wiring harness to connect to. Wiring harness rus to the aux pig-tails near the battery.
As far as the winch—I have not purchased one yet. Looking at the Warn Zeon 10S. But not in a hurry. I’ll research it before I install it. None of this is rocket science. Just take some time, read up, follow the directions. Easy day.

5E4F94C3-7FAA-4283-A6D6-B0A98968E106.jpeg

B1606697-C6B0-4074-9B8D-A160BF1D1372.jpeg

El Zilcho

First Name
Max
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Why so snarky? There are a number of different ways to approach this mod. There is no one way. I’m just sharing what worked for me. My single works perfect off aux four. I used the ACM bracket in the wheel well with the remote chuck. I slipped a short section of bicycle inner tube over the chuck to keep it clean of mud. I might sew the open end of it up to close it off.

My ARB single HO compressor has a relay for the wiring harness to connect to. Wiring harness rus to the aux pig-tails near the battery.
As far as the winch—I have not purchased one yet. Looking at the Warn Zeon 10S. But not in a hurry. I’ll research it before I install it. None of this is rocket science. Just take some time, read up, follow the directions. Easy day.

5E4F94C3-7FAA-4283-A6D6-B0A98968E106.jpeg

B1606697-C6B0-4074-9B8D-A160BF1D1372.jpeg
Sorry, I had a hard day that day. The way you describe it now is the correct way and my dual ARB is connected the same way.
Once you get the winch and see size of the power wires you'll see right away why connecting a winch directly to Aux switches is a bad idea. As you mentioned above none of this is rocket science :)

Advertisement

Diode Dynamics

Advertisement