Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GLADIATOR (R&D) / '21 BRONCO FIRST EDITION
10/10/22 UPDATE
Our JEEP STIRRUP production is in full swing. The clamp assemblies are in production and we estimate pre-orders shipping just prior to Thanksgiving. We've already machined hundreds of the actual step. It's just the Jeep specific clamps that are being machined now. Finish on all pieces will be black textured powdercoat.

Powdercoat + Billet Aluminum + Stainless Hardware = years and years of maintenance free operation.

The pre order is now open.​
As a JLWrangler Forum Member, please use the code: JLWRANGLERFORUMS20 at checkout for the 20% discount. Thank you for your support and strap in tigh, because we have some really great stuff in store for you!

longfiredragon

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW Sport 2.0 L Turbo
I am kind curious why they make it for the bronco already, and there just now coming out with it for a jeep?

Just seems ass backwards.

OP
OP
EIGHTLUG

EIGHTLUG

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am kind curious why they make it for the bronco already, and there just now coming out with it for a jeep?

Just seems ass backwards.
We started with our personal Bronco for R&D. We have a lot of Bronco customers that also own a Wrangler and they made requests for the same style part for their Wrangler. That's what led us to developing the part.

Sponsored

40Caliber

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door Rubicon
Just ordered, Free Shipping
I have struggled with an answer for my wife on my JLR. I didnt want to remove the OEM rails as I like the clearance, but watching that lady have to pull herself in makes me feel pretty uncaring

Eightlug probably should have asked first but

, what is the warranty on these things? I am not talking about hitting rocks, i am talking about them lasting?

I will also commit to posting an update and review here after installed if no one else has
40 cal

OP
OP
EIGHTLUG

EIGHTLUG

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just ordered, Free Shipping
I have struggled with an answer for my wife on my JLR. I didnt want to remove the OEM rails as I like the clearance, but watching that lady have to pull herself in makes me feel pretty uncaring

Eightlug probably should have asked first but

, what is the warranty on these things? I am not talking about hitting rocks, i am talking about them lasting?

I will also commit to posting an update and review here after installed if no one else has
40 cal
As far as warranty goes, we stand behind our parts. If you experience any issue with the workmanship or function of the product, we'll replace the specific component or assembly, with minimal hassle on your end. These steps are built to be bombproof and should easliy outlast the rock slider they're mounted to.

The parts will ship to you with hardware preinstalled in all applicable threaded location with a small dab of anit-seize (stainless steel and raw aluminum can cause galvanic corrosion over a very long period of time). Normal wear and tear on the powdercoat finish is to be expected. Possibly faster is you live on a gravel road. They leading edges of the parts do tend to get peppered. The top surface that you step on daily should look great for a considerable amount of time. If you experience something just out of the ordinary, just send us an email ([email protected]) and let us know, and we'll get it figured out.

Sponsored

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
I got my sliders that put a bar there for $300. Man, I’m in the wrong business!

OP
OP
EIGHTLUG

EIGHTLUG

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got my sliders that put a bar there for $300. Man, I’m in the wrong business!
There's a substantial build/quality/design difference between a welded steel part vs a billet machined part.

Different strokes for different folks. We also machine these full length clamp on billet steps for the Bronco and we're working on a design for the Jeep community. At over 72" in length, it's likely the longest billet accessory on the market. The diamond turned post machined top surface looks amazing.

Jeep Wrangler JL AR | Jeep STIRRUPS Wrangler X GLADIATOR 0V5A2447(1)

OrneryBear

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Sarge JLUR 6spd
Personally I don't think the cost is too bad at all. Machining from solid billet and machined in the USA, that's going to cost money, especially in small production runs (I bet they're not making 1000 sets to start, to sit on a shelf hoping to sell em). They also have to tool up with fixtures and programming, and development dialing in with prototypes. I do this for a living and we have probably the same or similar machines that AR industries is using, and I couldn't buy material and have my machinist make me one of these for $250. My COST would be higher for sure. For a piece of 6061 aluminum just to make this step (not including the brackets), is about $150 right now. See all those holes with tight corners, that's all machine time. Machine time is money. I'm just saying, you want made in the USA, you've gotta pay for it, or we don't have made in the USA again/anymore.

Right now I don't plan on having steps, but the day my daughter needs em, I know where I'll be looking to order a set from.

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
There's a substantial build/quality/design difference between a welded steel part vs a billet machined part.
No argument there… except maybe quality. I think you’re substituting “quality” for production effort.

They’re two different things. My rails are a fairly basic perfect for its job kind of thing. Yours is more of a car fashion product.
The machining in your photo is beautiful!